I need a crisp substitute (chip for nice american people)

Options
2»

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Food Should Taste Good Olive (140cals/10 chips) are amazingly good and so are Doctor Kracker Flatbreads in Pumpkin Seed Cheddar (100 cals each).

I'm all about quality over quantity!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Is making your own an option? I just slice a potato super thin cover with olive oil spray place on baking sheet place in a 400* oven and then turn chips over after about 6 minutes or when they start to brown, after which lower oven to 275 and continue to turn every 6 minutes, cooking time is usually 24 to 30 minutes depending on your oven...

Season right out of oven, my fave is garlic parmesan :)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Food should taste good has this great cracker chip thing. YUM YUM YUM. I like salty crispies too, my fav is from Trader Joes the multi grain veggie chips (But I don't think you have in the UK). Pita crisps are pretty good too. :)
  • mogenfire
    mogenfire Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • greghert
    greghert Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    wow so many good alternatives thanks everyone

can't find the seaweed ones on waitrose website ... grrr

I will see if I can find some though as they are yummy !
  • stoneman1970
    stoneman1970 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just eat the normal crisps - just not a everyday thing. If I want to have some "empty calories" I just up the excercise.
    :smile: Now if it was me I wouldn't bother with the chips, chocolates, crap food & all the other stuff we call food!! Food to me is sitting down to a plate of muscles in a garlic sauce. So my aim is chuck the crap and concentrate on real food.:bigsmile:
  • kshaw09
    kshaw09 Posts: 48
    Options
    Quaker makes mini rice cakes that are flavored like chips. It's a great substitute for me!

i agree 12 for 90 calories in so many great flavors!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Just love the fact that you put chip in brackets to cover the divide! I ate a Gregg's pasty and was bemoaning the calories and one of my American friends thought I meant a pastry like a Danish or something! I like snack a jacks as an alternative to crisps but do tend to just treat myself to something low calorie like wotsits or squares on rare occasions too.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    walkers baked crips / french fries
    rice cakes are sooo good also!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a healthier alternative to the empty calories of potato chips. Also, nuts are very filling, unlike chips/crisps. Almonds are probably the best bang for the buck.
  • greghert
    greghert Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For the UK MFP clan/massive/tribe/gang/people/cohort (what is the collective noun is), Julian Graves do the seaweed crackers ... yay !! So I'm a happy boy , once I have eaten these till I don't like them any more I will try all these other wonderful ideas. Since I intend to be healthy eating from here on in I will have loads of time to try them all thanks everyone !

g

Perhaps the collective noun is a reduction of MFP'ers :)