5"6 - 5"7 girls: weight & pant sizes

Options
13»

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It is funny how different our body types are. I have hips and a butt, even when I was rail thin as a teenager, which incidentally is the last time I was a size 4. I am 5'7" and when I was a size 4 I was 120 pounds and waaaay too skinny for my body type.
  • wendy1993
    wendy1993 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5"6-5"7, depending who measures me :tongue: When I weighed 135 I was in a size 6/7 in juniors. That is my goal, to fit into those size 6 juniors again!! I have no idea what size pants I wear in womens pants, when I try them on even if I try a smaller size they scrunch up in the front AB/crotch area and look funny, so I only buy pants in the juniors department. I have a butt and hips, but a flat tummy even when I gain weight it goes sideways not forward in the belly area.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weight about 157 and wear a 6, occasionally an 8 - i have big legs! ugh those european designers do not do vanity sizing haha

I was wondering same thing myself about size 4 - thinking at 145, i would be safe in a 4
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    In high school I was a size 5 at 120, but I was 5'8.. After my first child I was 125 and could fit in a 5/6 or 7 depending on brand. Ann Taylor or New York Co I was able to fit comfortable in a size 3! I think it depends on brand. Right now at 164 and 5'7 (yes I have lost an inch in height!!!) I wear 10s and can fit in 9.
    Also I do think it depends on a persons build and body shape.
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" and 153 lbs. I wear anything from an 8-10 and 30"-32" in jeans, depending on where they hit at the waist.

I have wider hips though, so like an earlier poster said, even if I lost 100 lbs, I don't think I would ever be a size 2 or 4. I just don't have the body type.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7" and about 136#... i wear a size 2/26 in womens or 3 in juniors.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends more on your body type, rather than weight. Someone previously posted that they were 5'8" and at one point weighed 140lbs., and said they were in a size 6. I am 5'8", and used to weigh about 140lbs., and couldn't get much smaller than a size 10....maybe an 8 at a "feel good" store.

I totally agree with this. I am 5'6" and the smallest I have worn is a 10 at 130 lbs. Even when I was in high school and weighed 118 (super skinny), I wore a 32" waist in men's pants. It's all in how you're built. I'm 172 now and am wearing a loose 14.
  • mbroeckelmanpost
    mbroeckelmanpost Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's going to depend on the brand, the particular cut/style, and your body type. I'm 5'6", around 133 lb, and wear a 0, 2, or 4, depending on the brand/style.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6. I have been weighing around 150-153 and wear a size six...but in designer jeans a size 29. I'm very muscle heavy so I weight a bit more than maybe someone else my size? :-)
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm 5, 6 and a half. I was 125 pounds once, size four jeans AND 10 pounds underweight. It was from being sick, not being healthy.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh around 136. I agree that various brands fit different but I would say that I'm comfortable in a size 6 dress pant and I just bought some shorts from Landsend that were a size 4 (and are a little loose). :noway:
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think the answers have given you the answer,lol. it all depends on the person and the pants. I am 5'2" currently 157lbs and wear a size 8 but when I am lifting and down to 143 I wear a 4 and some jrs. 5's. When I weighed 135 and wasnt lifting i was a 4. my best friend is 5'2" and built completely different from me, at 142 she wears an 8, period. We went shopping together at Target and I grabbed some jeans that were marked 4, they were huge on me. She tried them and they were perfect. We went to Steve and Barry's next and I bought some 4's and she had to buy a 10. so in one store she was a 4 and in another a 10. I imagine to get the 4 jeans from target to fit me i would have needed a 2 or even a 0 and I am not a 2 or a 0.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    check out my mybodygallery.com it's exactly what you want

wooo hoo! i put my pic in there! thanx 4 the url.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 150 and a size 8 so I'm thinking 130. I was a size 6 at 145.
  • Brilynn1988
    Options
    Im 5'7" and 125 pounds and I wear anywhere from a size 5-9 depending on the brand due to having hips. I would love to get comfortably into a 4 again. So I think maybe 120 pounds will do it.
  • MommyofBoys
    Options
    Awesome topic! I'm 5'7 and when I was around 180 pounds I was a size 9.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and at 145 lb & 22% body fat, I was wearing a US size 4, Canadian size 6-8 depending on the brand. Now that my lean muscle mass isn't as high (until I start weight training again, that is), I'll probably need to be lower than that.
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and currently weight 170. I am wearing a size 10. My lowest weight was 140 or so and even then I was still in a size 7/8. I think it depends on body type. I don't think I would ever fit into a size 4/5.
  • dbala08
    dbala08 Posts: 2
    Options
    I truly feel as if im wearing the wrong size! I normally buy size 4 they fit i suppose.. But i always end up having a muffin top... Im working on losing more weight right now i am 5'3 and weigh 140. Any suggestions?