Does Jillian Michael's "off counting" bother you?

Options
I guess I'm letting my OCD get the best of me, but does it bother anyone else how on her 30 Day Shred AND Ripped in 30 she is not equal on the number of reps? Or does anyone even notice? I only notice because I will count how many reps of an exercise I am doing. For example, on the first set of an exercise she will have you do 14 reps, then when you come back for the 2nd set you do 17 or 18. It just bothers me for some reason lol.

Replies

• bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!! lol I notice this every time! It's mostly on the strength training that she does it. Very annoying!! Then again she is just getting on my nerves anyway! Day 8 Level 1 and I can't listen to her tell me "I know it's hard" lol- shut up Jillian!! :laugh:
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I can't stand that woman, so I can't do her workouts. She's not nice.
  • clpott19
    clpott19 Posts: 11
    Options
    haha.. just as I was doing 30DS this morning, I thought of this. :) bothers me as well.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    lol Yes!!! I count and have noticed this. Because I know where it's the worst (being so far off), I'll do my own to make it even. lol

Another thing that irritates me, is where she says these guys never cheat while I'm up here. The one does!! She's with Anita explaining something while Natalie is half-a**ed doing the exercise...just moving her arms, not doing the leg part. I'm like, turn around, you'll see they cheat, too! lol
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    She is pure evil! :D
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I am glad she gets on someone else's nerves...I turn the tv down the whole way and do it with headphones on. LOL
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    she goes by minutes though
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have to hit mute as if I hear her say "you can't phone it in" I want to throw something at my TV. :)
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed but now I know my OCD will get the best of me and i'll obsess over it lol. I do hate though when she says "just a couple more" meaning 10 more reps, 10 is not a couple and when you feel like you are dying and you get the motivation to push through "a couple more" I find myself only getting 5 more because of what it does to my mental determination. Just wait until there is actually a couple more to say anything. Same goes for when she says "a few more" a few more is 3-5, not 15.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I notice it. And I have a problem with the moves not always being in time to the beat of the music, lol. So I lot of the time I'll just mentally tune her out and do my reps etc. to the beat I'm hearing... as opposed to what I'm seeing :) She doesn't bug me though (yet). My child thinks she's funny - hangs on her every word, lol.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Agree with someone above, she isn't very nice. Is it sad though that I feel like she's expecting me to quit, so therefore I want to try harder?!?!? I have an illness apparently.... LOL
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Sometimes she'll say, "Ok, just 3 more" but will only do 2. I noticed it in Shred It With Weights. It's very annoying.
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Another thing that irritates me, is where she says these guys never cheat while I'm up here. The one does!! She's with Anita explaining something while Natalie is half-a**ed doing the exercise...just moving her arms, not doing the leg part. I'm like, turn around, you'll see they cheat, too! lol

LMAO!!! I noticed that too! And now I see it every time I watch lol. Are levels 2 and 3 as bad?? lol
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    You're all just jealous...How is she evil and whose problem is it that you are all OCD? I expect you find the dvd's too difficult....
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Nope, doesn't bother me. Nor do I want Jillian to be all nicey nice, that would annoy me more than any tough talk. Not to say I haven't called her a few choice names. But, that's because I'm sore. Not because she or her off counting bugs me. All I care about is does it work.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You're all just jealous...How is she evil and whose problem is it that you are all OCD? I expect you find the dvd's too difficult....

Lol, she's not evil. But when you do a DVD day after day - the same one over and over - you can't help but notice off-counts, every little detail, etc. Jealous of who?!!
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    I love her and would LOVE to workout for her..
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    K glad to hear it bothers some others too. Of course it wouldn't bother EVERYONE. Like I said it gets the best of my OCD, BUT I love her dvd's nonetheless. I just overlook it and keep going. I might try the muting her trick. :tongue:
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have to hit mute as if I hear her say "you can't phone it in" I want to throw something at my TV. :)

This is exactly what I was going to say. That line got old quick. Please get a thesaurus Jillian! LOL :)
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

If I was jealous of her, I wouldn't have bought the DVD in the first place. I do find her annoying but this is third time I'm doing this. I've made it through in the past...just find this works to lose inches. Too difficult? Nah...if it was, I wouldn't be doing it.

OCD...yep, you bet I am. If we have to name "whose problem," sure, I'll take the blame. I'm used to it. LOL