What's your most recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Mine was easily the fact that I went to the grocery store yesterday and left with NO SWEETS, Nothing unhealthy!

Hubby even had me go into the candy isle (What was he thinking??) to see if I could find him some sugar free candy.

I picked up this and that and left with NADA.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Yesterday my UK size 14 skinny jeans were too loose and I had to keep pulling them up all day (:
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Today I dropped off my wedding ring to be down-sized and I've lost an entire ring size! :happy:

I so look forward to this. It has been well over a year since I could wear my wedding ring do to tightness. I didn't have the heart to get it sized up.
  • TrishDoller
    Options
    I kept stepping on the hem of my work pants yesterday because they hang longer now that I've lost weight. And my shoes are looser.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Here's another for me: I went to see my doctor this morning and my blood pressure was 114/78 and my heart rate was 82. 6 months ago my bp was 140/90 and my heart rate stayed around 100 all the time, and I'm only 24!
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    This thread was incredibly inspirational to me...thanks for the posts everyone.:happy:
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I finally went to buy a new pair of jeans over the weekend because my size 50's were looking "like you're wearing sacks" as my wife put it. So I grabbed some 48's and 46's thinking I was optimistic. They were still TOO BIG. I'm in 44's now.

My wedding ring has been falling off as of late and I have had to wear it on my middle finger. Now that SE MI is getting some real heat it's fitting better. I'll have to resize before fall for sure.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Here's another for me: I went to see my doctor this morning and my blood pressure was 114/78 and my heart rate was 82. 6 months ago my bp was 140/90 and my heart rate stayed around 100 all the time, and I'm only 24!

I can imagine you were literally floating out of the office after that glowing check up. I can totally relate to your victory.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I finally went to buy a new pair of jeans over the weekend because my size 50's were looking "like you're wearing sacks" as my wife put it. So I grabbed some 48's and 46's thinking I was optimistic. They were still TOO BIG. I'm in 44's now.

My wedding ring has been falling off as of late and I have had to wear it on my middle finger. Now that SE MI is getting some real heat it's fitting better. I'll have to resize before fall for sure.

Yay! That's an amazing feeling to fit into something smaller than you thought you could wear. I remember the first time I bought a skirt that I thought I was going to shrink into and when I tried it on it actually fit perfectly. Kudos to you!

Maybe a little gift for yourself when you reach your goal is to get your ring resized for your new slender fingers.
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have reached the last hole in my belt. Guess it's time to buy a smaller one.
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've had several.

1. I can finally dry my jeans in the dryer without fear that they will no longer fit!
    2. My pants in the next smaller size now fit - and are comfortable!
    3. My wedding ring is looser than usual. I have a feeling I will have to size it down soon. Good thing it's free! :smile:
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    i actually just posted this last night but....my fiance and i always hike waterfalls on the weekends that we're both off together. well there was this one last year that i had the hardest time with and i wanted to go back and try it now that im in the best shape ive ever been in. so we went back and i climbed it so fast, my legs didnt even burn and i pretty much ran/jogged up the whole thing. and i felt great and still feel great about it!!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    my towel closes :)

Ohhhhh.... I remember the day mine wrapped all the way around me! And the day my thighs stopped touching when I walked. Good times...:laugh:

You mean your thighs aren't supposed to touch when you walk??? Oh dear!!! ;o)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    After getting back from my regular lunch gym-session, a co-worker commented that she was amazed at how healthy I am and that I have the body she's always wanted.

o.O!!

One of the best compliments I've ever received? Absolutely. I think I blushed crimson.
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I think my BEST one was when my doc, who teased me about being to fat to fit in the MRI machine, came into the exam room and realized she was now bigger than ME!!!!!
    (250 was max weight for MRI)
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Yay! That's an amazing feeling to fit into something smaller than you thought you could wear. I remember the first time I bought a skirt that I thought I was going to shrink into and when I tried it on it actually fit perfectly. Kudos to you!

Maybe a little gift for yourself when you reach your goal is to get your ring resized for your new slender fingers.

Thanks!! The down side to the resize is because of the pattern on it they can't resize; they remake it. It's covered under the warranty so I'm not worried about it, but it won't be the one that was blessed during the ceremony. That's what I'm struggling with... :ohwell:
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    My husband told me that he could tell I've lost weight.... :) He said he noticed my face is thinner... my arms are smaller and my waist is smaller as well! I was ecstatic... Other ppl have noticed but for him to notice and actually mention it made me feel amazing :)

I also put on a pair of shorts from last summer and they fell off of me LOL
    NOW that is awesome haha!
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    I think my BEST one was when my doc, who teased me about being to fat to fit in the MRI machine, came into the exam room and realized she was now bigger than ME!!!!!
    (250 was max weight for MRI)

Bahahahaha thats freakin awesome! :)
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing your stories! I love reading about every victory; they help me stay on track when I walk past the taco bar in the cafeteria.

I'd been so depressed every morning when I'd get dressed, everything was a little too tight, way too tight, or in the "are you dreaming?" area. So I'd were the same three things over and over. I generally felt shabby and embarrassed.

Today I'm wearing some jeans that I just got into this week, snug, but no muffin top paried with a blouse that had been so tight in the bust that it used to slice me up under the armpits. I wasn't obese, but I was still too big to feel good about myself. I don't feel that way any more and I am loving feeling happy and confident again!!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have so many lately....
    What is the most inspiring to me is the motivation,
    energy and pure happiness I'm experiencing :cry:
    I'm 45 years old and look and feel better than i ever have.
    I get up before the alarm, anything i try on fits (if not to big)
    my marital relations ROCK!..
    I OWE IT ALL TO YOU MY MFPEEPS THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM
    OF MY HEART :smooched:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!