Wow Im in shock? Giving it up

Options
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/top-5-myths-women-still-believe-about-men-2493582/;_ylt=AlEjlLB2tBYrLmQg4QdmRUxabqU5

Read this article And I want your 2 cents......... I REALLY WANT TO HEAR WHAT GUYS SAY!!!

I still dont think its okay to sleep with someone you dont even know...uummmm there is a word for that kind of girl...cant really think of it

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I obviously can't speak for all males but ..

My friends very good looking popular son never had a lack of female admirers, he is handsome, funny and as quick witted as you can get and people just gravitate towards him. He never had a regular girlfriend tho...I asked why. He said that the girls practically dragged him into bed and while he wasn't going to say no (how many red blooded teenage lads would?) he deemed them not datable for being easy, many a girl has tried to snag him but only one has...she held out for months apparently. (I didn't ask for details!)
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I think all of what he said makes sense. I work ina very male dominated profession and he is right on from what ive heard all my guy friends say. Who cares what anyone does in their own personal lives. If two people feel comfortable than so be it. You, I and the next person have no right to judge the next person. You dont know whats going on in their heads and what their comfort level is.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I know you want to hear from guys...but I have to agree with the writer of the article in regards to sleeping with a date on the first or hundredth date. That "should" be about what you are comfortable with, not about how others view you. YOU have to be okay with your choice, not anyone else.
    I guess I was "one of those girls" in the past...as I've had a few times in my life that I slept with a guy on the first date. I was okay with it. I didn't then and still don't care about the opnions of others on the subject. I found it to be liberating. And I'm not meaning to be knocking you or questioning your beliefs. Just saying my opinion.

I also do think men and women can be friends without having bedroom boogy too.

Cheers!:drinker:
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my husband would agree with all of it.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I obviously can't speak for all males but ..

My friends very good looking popular son never had a lack of female admirers, he is handsome, funny and as quick witted as you can get and people just gravitate towards him. He never had a regular girlfriend tho...I asked why. He said that the girls practically dragged him into bed and while he wasn't going to say no (how many red blooded teenage lads would?) he deemed them not datable for being easy, many a girl has tried to snag him but only one has...she held out for months apparently. (I didn't ask for details!)

Depends on the guy really and his experiences. I have found through friends and myself that there is no magical number for waiting or even if waiting works. I have known several people to sleep on the first date and they are now happy, with children living out their fairytale. It just depends on what you and that guy are looking for... If a guy wants a fling it doesn't matter if you wait of not, he probably won't ever commit completely. If he wants a relationship he will usually go with whatever you feel comfortable with.
  • MattAxtell
    MattAxtell Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My views as a guy..

1. He wont respect you if you have sex on the first date

I would rather get to know the person first.. and that takes more than one date, thats for sure.
    Disrespect them? No \\\\ Want to do it on the first date? No

2. Men love the chase

Quite the opposite really

3. A man can't be friends with a women without wanting to have sex with her

Disagree.

4. Guys prefer something left to the imagination

LOL. Yea.. right..

5. Guys are intimidated by independent women

Actually I would prefer someone who is independent

That being said, every guy is different for every one of these questions. Even most of my friends would share opposite views on some of this
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    I think that there is a line between having sex for the sake of sex and using someone who you know wants more of a relationship.
    Sex is purely a physical thing, it is when there are feelings that the trouble starts. If you are honest with the other person as to whether you are into the "booty call" or you want a relationship then go for it.

As two consenting people, you are the ones that have face eachother in the morning..or not...as you creep out in the middle of the night...or so I have heard! :wink:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/top-5-myths-women-still-believe-about-men-2493582/;_ylt=AlEjlLB2tBYrLmQg4QdmRUxabqU5

Read this article And I want your 2 cents......... I REALLY WANT TO HEAR WHAT GUYS SAY!!!

I still dont think its okay to sleep with someone you dont even know...uummmm there is a word for that kind of girl...cant really think of it

So what do you call a guy who has sex on the first date?

"that kind of girl" WOW!

I was "that kind of girl" back when I was single. Honestly if I wanted a booty call that was my choice - so here's a question for ya! Why is it okay for a guy to " booty call" someone but it when a chick does it she's "one of THOSE girls"???
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options

So what do you call a guy who has sex on the first date?

"that kind of girl" WOW!

I was "that kind of girl" back when I was single. Honestly if I wanted a booty call that was my choice - so here's a question for ya! Why is it okay for a guy to " booty call" someone but it when a chick does it she's "one of THOSE girls"???

*agreed*
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    No guy should EVER disrespect a woman for having sex on the first date. I mean... he's there, too, isn't he? Why should women be the Keepers of the Chastity? Men should hold women to the exact same standards they hold themselves.

I'm in full agreement with every word of the article.
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I think you can't put individuals into a box. It's exactly like us women some of us like certain things others don't. That I guess is the mystery, I think based on these questions you will get many answers depending on opinion and upbringing perhaps. In regards to sex on the first date the only thing that I find wrong are the ones that are not safe and spread disease. Other than that to each their own. :)
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    As a man here's my 5 cents, I agree with Mattaxtell that every guy is different but I'd go further and say that for any one guy the answers could be different for every different relationship

1. He wont respect you if you have sex on the first date
    FALSE - It doesn't matter but more depends on the chemistry and the situation, sometimes it's right, others not. Though if you are just have that reputation of always being easy then it may be TRUE (I think that applies to both sexes)

2. Men love the chase
    Men usually hate the chase, including me. BUT that said for me the best relationships I have been in have started with a long old fashioned courtship/chase that ended in something lasting and meaningful. So again it depends.

3. A man can't be friends with a women without wanting to have sex with her
    Rubbish! Absolute balderdash!

4. Guys prefer something left to the imagination
    I do actually. But again it depends on the girl and the specific relationship.

5. Guys are intimidated by independent women
    Not me usually, but some men definitely are. Once again however I would say it depends on the woman and the relationship. I've had it work and not be an issue and be a massive barrier.

So in summation and rather boringly I suggest that all the answers to all but question #3 are the same. It completely depends on the specific girl and circumstances of the relationship in question. I doubt that helps clarify anything , however I stick by it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    1.He won’t respect you if you have sex on the first date.

Complete nonsense...if he is decent and worth being around he will respect your decision not to if that is what a lady wants or will respect that you as a lady need to be satisfied and happy you chose to be with him.

2. Men love the chase.

If by this they mean the ability for a person with a single word to render me feeling less then a man then oh yeah..what guy doesn`t dream of that moment. :noway:

3. A man can’t be friends with a woman without wanting to have sex with her.

A man can but even if he does see a lady friend as desirable it does not mean he is a half second away from losing control over those feelings.

4. Guys Prefer Something Left to the imagination.

Maybe sometimes.

5. Guys are intimidated by independent women.

Horse muffins...this guy thinks that there is nothing sexier then a woman who is in control of her life.
    What matters is her personality,her intelligence,her sense of humor etc.

I suspect that it is the same the other way with ladies and how they see a guy except for that "bad boy" thing woman sometimes do.
    That will forever be a mystery to me but a different subject.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

"That kind of girl" hmm what do you call, while your at what is the name for a person that judges a person with out knowing them, the person they are or why they chose to do what they did it...
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    While I'm one of those people waiting until marriage (actually, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine even if marriage, and consequently sex, never happens in my life), I wouldn't be so quick to judge others. I don't want strangers telling me my values/ choices are wrong, trying to shove THEIR values down my throat... So I don't do it to others. Treat others the way you want to be treated, ya?

Also, double standards = uncool! I'm not waiting until marriage because I'm female. I'm waiting because that's what my values dictate -- for women AND men.
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    I've bumped uglys on a first date, waaay before I settled down and had children. In fact I'm sure all my sexual history would shock here! I found him hot, he found me hot, we had been chatting for hours over drinks. He invited me back, I knew what I was signing up for. He didn't loose respect for me, if anything he gained respect for me as I trusted him enough to come back to his house. I broke things off after a few more dates as the age gap began a show a little. We both wished each other the best and went our separate ways. Awful slutty behavior isn't it? Not in my opinion. I don't put sex on such a high pedastool..its just 2 (or more!!) people havin fun, as long as you're safe its just not that big of a deal to me. Making love however is completely different, something you can only get in a loving relationship, and its great. But I don't regret nor feel ashamed about all the fabulous sex I had before I met my partner!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love what av8blond said. There is a problem where expectations may differ. I remember a friend of mine used to sleep with every guy on the first date, and be disappointed nothing ever came from it. I think it was because she always expected/hoped there was something more, but the guys thought it was just a one night stand.

Let's face it, some of us girls are pleasers and will give out because we think it will snare us a man. (Not all mind, I'll had flings without expectation). We need to be able to understand ourselves and what our motivations are, and then make decisions that we are comfortable with. Whether a one night stand can blossom into a wonderful thing? Of course, my last marriage is an example.

Hoping to be there soon ;-)

GG
  • notoriousgtt
    notoriousgtt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    “The only reason men are just friends with women is because that’s all she’ll allow”

I think that may have hit the nail on the head.
    At least for most of the guys I know that aren't in relationships anyway.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I've bumped uglys on a first date, waaay before I settled down and had children. In fact I'm sure all my sexual history would shock here! I found him hot, he found me hot, we had been chatting for hours over drinks. He invited me back, I knew what I was signing up for. He didn't loose respect for me, if anything he gained respect for me as I trusted him enough to come back to his house. I broke things off after a few more dates as the age gap began a show a little. We both wished each other the best and went our separate ways. Awful slutty behavior isn't it? Not in my opinion. I don't put sex on such a high pedastool..its just 2 (or more!!) people havin fun, as long as you're safe its just not that big of a deal to me. Making love however is completely different, something you can only get in a loving relationship, and its great. But I don't regret nor feel ashamed about all the fabulous sex I had before I met my partner!

Amen Sister!!!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    So if a guy sleep with a girl on the first date...do he lose respect?

Double standards crack me up.