Bon Temps - Week 3 of the True Blood Challenge (CLOSED GROUP

Options

Replies

• melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    2 pound loss for me this week, but TOM is starting so I probably won't see a loss again for a couple of weeks. Ah well, I'm happy. =)
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    that is great!
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    Only down 0,8 but that is ok after last weeks big loss! Every ounce counts..lol
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options
    Only down 0,8 but that is ok after last weeks big loss! Every ounce counts..lol

thats right lol. even if its only .2 ounces it still counts :) you are 0.8 ounces closer to your goal :)
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am finally in my "healthy" BMI!!! I am now 163.5 lbs. Last week I think I weighed in at 167 (which was a one-pound gain. So this loss was unexpected, but I ain't complaining!! This week and next week, I will be super busy at work. So I hope I don't throw exercise to the back burner in order to complete my work. Great job this week, everyone!
  • ilovecreg120809
    Options
    I am finally in my "healthy" BMI!!! I am now 163.5 lbs. Last week I think I weighed in at 167 (which was a one-pound gain. So this loss was unexpected, but I ain't complaining!! This week and next week, I will be super busy at work. So I hope I don't throw exercise to the back burner in order to complete my work. Great job this week, everyone!

great loss :)
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    No loss for me. Oh well. Here's to another week
  • melusinagr
    Options
    any cooking enthusiasts in our awesome team? tried any crazy recipes of late? (bonus points for anything vampire themed or particularly gory in appearance hehehe)

Only recipe I've tried lately that was good (and reasonably healthy) was Spinach and Feta Gratin, a genuine Greek recipe.

Good luck breaking your plateau, you've been doing great. I think slow weight loss is an unfortunate reality of getting close to goals (within 20 lbs, for sure). Mine slowed, then picked up again. I fully expect it to slow again. I'm in it for the long haul, so not too worried.
  • melusinagr
    Options

Many, many congratulations!!! That is super awesome!! =)
  • melusinagr
    Options
    No loss for me. Oh well. Here's to another week

Definitely don't let it get you down! We are here for ya. =)
  • Pam37841
    Options
    any cooking enthusiasts in our awesome team? tried any crazy recipes of late? (bonus points for anything vampire themed or particularly gory in appearance hehehe)
    [/quote]

I am a Chef..So I guess that makes me an enthusiast. LOL. This week as our special we had Key Lime Chicken. Grilled chicken breast with a tangy lime sauce and a Sweet Raspberry sauce squirted over it. The lime sauce was really light green and the raspberry sauce was red it looked like it was oozing Blood. It was really good and I made the sauces with Stevia instead of sugar. It was a hit at work!
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am a Chef..So I guess that makes me an enthusiast. LOL. This week as our special we had Key Lime Chicken. Grilled chicken breast with a tangy lime sauce and a Sweet Raspberry sauce squirted over it. The lime sauce was really light green and the raspberry sauce was red it looked like it was oozing Blood. It was really good and I made the sauces with Stevia instead of sugar. It was a hit at work!

To the cooking challenged, where's the recipe for the key lime chicken so I can pass it on to my husband to make for me?
  • Pam37841
    Options

To the cooking challenged, where's the recipe for the key lime chicken so I can pass it on to my husband to make for me?

I will get it and post it for ya..lol. I also have one for Pina Colada Cheese Cake...Yummy and very low cal.
  • Pam37841
    Options
    [
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I will get it and post it for ya..lol. I also have one for Pina Colada Cheese Cake...Yummy and very low cal.
    [/quote]
  • Pam37841
    Options
    Key Lime Chicken Recipe

Key Lime Sauce
    Ingredients
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar ( I use No calorie sweetener)
    1/2 cup Key lime juice
    1/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons water

Instructions
    In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the 3 tablespoons of water. In a small non-aluminum saucepan stir together the sugar, the lime juice and 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil over moderate heat to dissolve the sugar. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and boil, stirring, for about 30 seconds or until the lime sauce thickens.

Raspberry Sauce
    Ingredients

1 pint fresh raspberries
    1/4 cup white sugar ( I use No calorie sweetener)
    2 tablespoons orange juice
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    1 cup cold water
    Directions

Combine the raspberries, sugar, and orange juice in a saucepan. Whisk the cornstarch into the cold water until smooth. Add the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
    Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the desired consistency is reached. The sauce will thicken further as it cools.
    Puree the sauce in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender and strain it through a fine sieve. Serve warm or cold. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.

8 - 4 ounce grilled chicken breasts

I put my sauces in a squeeze bottles, and zig zagged them over the chicken. For garnish I use curled zests from lemons and limes.
  • Jbledsoe42
    Jbledsoe42 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great loss this week everyone! We are so close to being in first place overall.
  • Pam37841
    Options
    Did she post the stats for the week and I missed them? :smooched: