MFP Runner's Club - 9/21

Options
2»

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    No running for me, I hit 25.5 miles last week which is my most in a while! I feel great though!

I biked 22 miles w/ my buddy this morning. Perfect ride, around 60*.

Have a good one!

Jess
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Awesome job areay and congrats on your 10k hessied.

Finished my first 1/2 marathon this morning at about 2:33 hours. Gonna rest for a few days since my sneaks were not tested on the distance run and my knee is killing me. I think I need to go back and talk to the guys at the running store. On an better note, my shin does not hurt at ALL! Yay!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Great going Hessie & Sherry!! :drinker:

Just finished 8 miles. Felt great! :bigsmile:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job on the races!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Areay, Tweety, and Hessied: Congrats on great races!! WTG :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    Sherry: Congrats on your 1/2 marathon also; I'm in awe! I did a 20K this spring; it is such an amazing rush.

Tweety: Check out the Smart Coach at the Runner's World Website. I used that to help me train for the 20 K and I felt completely prepared. In fact, I could have pushed myself harder. You enter your current race pace, the length of race you are training for, how many miles you currently run a week, and how hard you want to train. I think it is an invaluable tool.

I had planned to do 6 this morning, but I could NOT sleep last night. So, I slept great from 5:00 to 8:00 and then rushed to get ready for church. OUt of town company all afternoon and back to church tonight.
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    thanks!! Going to check that out right now:)
  • I haven't posted in awhile but I just did a 5k on my treadmill for the first time ever!! I'v been training to run a 5k this fall (first one on Oct 4) and buckled down tonight and did it. I ran it very slowly, (read took 48 minutes to complete--I think I read someone did a 10K in that amount of time:love: ) but I did it. I'm not out to win, just to finish it and not die. But I was so proud of actually being able to do it! Now it's time to take it to the streets!!
    Heidi
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did a 5K in 27:20, my fastest time yet!