Replies

• Davey2412
    Davey2412 Posts: 17
    Options
    Bump
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow...those all look awesome! I was going to try it last weekend, but it was my birthday weekend so needless to say I didn't have a chance! Hopefully this weekend I will!! Im very excited to try these...I figure it will save me money and be more healthy than buying protein bars!!
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    I have a daughter with a peanut allergy, so I might try these with almond butter. I think I might add diced prunes for sweetness... and they help me ... go ;)
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I tried a different varriation this time to see if I could make them more moist (even though I shorted my bars 2 eggs whites last time by accident) here is what I did and here is what I found out!

I used flax seed meal in place of hal of the eggs ( follow directions on the box)also used an extra banana this time to make them more moist. I noteced they taste more babana, but then again I used ripe bananas, SO if you want less taste, use a less ripe banana. I also used to much water with the flax seed meal so they got kinda soupy so I just added more oatmeal. They turned out great!

Moral of the story.... more banana flavor, use riper nanas, dryer bar, use more oatmeal, need to poop... use flax seed meal inplace of egg whites! :blushing:

LOL

As for a sweetner, try putting in coconut if you like it for a natural sweetner, and if there is a peanut allergy, then try it without peanut butter... actually I just realized I for got the peanut butter!!! :laugh: they taste fine!
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    bump