How did you get your job?

Options
13»

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I started my job as an architectural intern while still in college. Been working there ever since.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I wor at one of the state prisons. I had a great interview, but it didn't hurt that most of the people didn't show up to the interview due to a major ice/snow storm. THe power was out at the prison and all over the community, so they had tons of call ins. Me showing up for an interview in that crap paid off :)
  • Alferret
    Alferret Posts: 4
    Options
    Been in the furniture trade (manufacturing) for the last 24 years. Got my current job 13 years ago after I split from my then wife. I think they were intrigued to the application from someone who lived 150+ miles away. Had an interview at 6am on a Monday, got offered the job & as they say the rest is history. Love the job I do as a wood machinist, CNC operator/programmer hate the company I work for.
  • GreenGablesJes
    Options
    I am currently a Med Tech at an Senior Assisted Living Facility most of the seniors their have dementia. I have been working there for over a month. I was working for a crappy collections agency(turns out i'm not a sit for 8 hrs type of girl) so i quit and got the job as a med tech. when i interviewed they liked that i had previously also worked as a AMAP(med cert) with an agency that houses developmentally disabled adults. so i was hired within 2 days from the interview.

I'm loving this job but it is also difficult but fun(since it turns out i know a few people there). since i'm used to giving only 9 guys meds within 2 hrs vs. now giving 30 people their meds. with in 2 hrs. but i'm getting my routine down so my job is getting easier and less stressfull.
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    It was a really easy application process, all I had to do was forget to take my pill!
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    Graduated college in 5/05 ~
    9/06 saw an ad for my job - applied, and got a call back, went to an interview, a whole week passed and no word, but then I got THE CALL!

Love my job!

5 years in September~ Work for a national non-profit.
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options
    Random email from an agency last friday, asked to go have a chat with the employer....I was offered the job then and there and I started on Monday. After 2 years of looking, I am so pleased! =)
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    Random email from an agency last friday, asked to go have a chat with the employer....I was offered the job then and there and I started on Monday. After 2 years of looking, I am so pleased! =)

Congrats!!!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The company i worked for went into administration one morning & i was left sitting with my wage packet for the week & jobless. Luckily it was jobs day in the local paper so i sat & applied to everything i was qualified for.
    3 days later i got a phonecall for an interview for a alternative clothing store. I think what got me the job was what happened before the interview started. It was being held at a hotel,i got thete early & thought i'll just nip to the ladies to freshen up etc Just as i'm washing my hands a lady comes out of the cubicle & said 'you here for the intetview?' grabbed my wrist & dragged me off to the interview. As i went to shake the Directors hand i realised i had'nt dried my hands without thinking i said 'i'm sorry my hands are wet i've just been to the toilet'! Luckily everyone laughed, the intetview went well & i've been with the company for 5 years
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I was working part time at a group home providing support to individuals living with brain injuries and was reading the classified ads and told a co worker about a job post and told her to apply for it. She turned around and dared me to apply for it.... 10 years later here I sit. I guess I won the dare! The bast part is I love my job!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    applied..went to interview..got job
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    I'm self employed and run my own business and have been since I was 21.
    I think youth and naivety made me fearless, I hadn't even considered what would happen if i couldn't get the work done and not pay for rent/food. I just believed that if I worked hard and pushed as far I could, working all hours if needs be then good things would come of it and I would be fine.... it turned out to be true.

10 years on I don't think i would so casual about it now. But I absolutely love my job, love being the boss even through all the twists and turns.

It was the best decision I ever made. :-)