Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

30 Day Shred question

Options
2»

Replies

• 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    Im on day 7 and i absolutely love it.... i found it soooooooo tough at the begining and couldnt even do 1 push up... Now, seven days later, i can do push ups and dont find it half as difficult so I am moving to level 2. I really see a difference in my staminina and it has helps me tone my butt up majorly. Bye bye cellulite and thanks Jillian.

I would laways recommend it and i have pains everywhere but it was muscle pain and i worked through it and it goes away...no pain no gain...
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am in NZ and waiting for DVD to come from Australia, as not really sold here. Cant wait to do it!

Injury wise I have heard you can get tight IT band syndrome which is a tendon at the side of your knee which gets inflamed during repetitive excercises so now I know to ice it and massage it after work out and stretch properly.

Im glad I waited to be fitter first before embarking on the 30ds, just watching some You tube but I cant say I expect any less from Miss Jillian!

Good luck to everyone else!
  • yarnaholic1963
    Options
    Modify, modify, modify :-) Jillian says there are "no modifications" for certain exercises (such as jumping jacks) but I say "yes there are" and only do what feels right even if that means walking in place (as another responder already mentioned). I am 48 years old and I'd read about some people having problems with their knees so I was a little worried about it, but I found that modifying the jumping jacks helped me a lot. The first day I did very little of the actual cardio because I was so out of shape and wasn't quite sure what to expect from myself. The second day I did a little more of the cardio but still not all of it. By days 3 and 4 I was beginning to be able to do almost all the cardio but still modified the jumping jacks so that they didn't hurt my knees so much. In order to do this I simply don't spread my legs apart when I jump; I just jump with my legs/feet together and still do the arms like a regular jumping jack. Just listen to your body and do what feels right and before you know it, you'll be able to do the whole workout. I have to say that despite having to do some modifying, I absolutely love 30 DS... I am pretty tired when it's over but I feel great for the rest of the day (yes, you'll probably be sore for the first few days but it's a good sore). All in all, I was a little hesitant, but am very glad I got the video.