Weird food requirements

Options
Hey, so I keep running into a problem with my food log. I'm still below on calories, and I need more protein and carbs, but I'm already over on my fat and fiber. As far as I know, protein and fat and carbs and fiber seem to go together when you're doing it right. How do I reach my caloric/nutritional intake with such a weird combination of under and over goals?

Thanks!

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Protein (the good kinds) is usually low fat. High carb diets easily take up a lot of calories and so do fats. But even though fats are high cal, they have some protein too.
    So.... they don't really go together, not in my view.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    MFP's recommendation for fiber is waaaaaaay low. That might be part of it. I used to go over every day, and you will until you adjust your nutrition goals. No idea about the fat, though, hard to say without seeing your diary.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about being over for fiber or protein. And I don't worry about being under for fat, carbs, sugar, salt, or calories (as long as I'm not taking in fewer than 1200). To hit/exceed protein without exceeding fat, pick lean sources (edamame, white meat, fish...).
  • smile72101
    smile72101 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have ate three times today plus a snack and have only "net 38 calories"...I mowed our yard (on a hill with a push mower for just under 2 hrs) so when I added that in for my exercise (this is the only exercise I do when I do this bc it is KILLER) I am not WAYYYY under my 1490 net goal....

And I can't have nuts etc bc I have TMJ and it KILLS my jaw.....

I am interested to see how this goes!
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i am over my fiber every single day. i figure if i am going to go over something its better to be fiber than sugar or sodium ;).
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    if you are willing to share your diary, i'd be happy to take a look at it and provide some feedback.
  • daffy37
    daffy37 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi..I'm daffy....I copy my report out every day and look it over to see where I need to make changes. I have trouble keeping my protein down...it seem to be in everything!!!
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    I think my fat problems come from eating dairy and olive oil, but it only lets me eat 49 g a day, but most of the stuff I see says 55-60 g is good for dieting. Also, I'm only supposed to have 17 g of fiber, which seems super low. I might have to do adjustments, especially after I see my nutritionist. For now, do people know any good protein/healthy carb foods that don't have too much fat? As a note, I'm a strict vegetarian, so sadly I can't do fish/poultry.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Oats and whey
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Protein and fat intake should be viewed as dietary MINIMUMS and not MAXIMUMS.