Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weird food requirements

Hey, so I keep running into a problem with my food log. I'm still below on calories, and I need more protein and carbs, but I'm already over on my fat and fiber. As far as I know, protein and fat and carbs and fiber seem to go together when you're doing it right. How do I reach my caloric/nutritional intake with such a weird combination of under and over goals?

Thanks!

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    Protein (the good kinds) is usually low fat. High carb diets easily take up a lot of calories and so do fats. But even though fats are high cal, they have some protein too.
    So.... they don't really go together, not in my view.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    MFP's recommendation for fiber is waaaaaaay low. That might be part of it. I used to go over every day, and you will until you adjust your nutrition goals. No idea about the fat, though, hard to say without seeing your diary.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    I don't worry about being over for fiber or protein. And I don't worry about being under for fat, carbs, sugar, salt, or calories (as long as I'm not taking in fewer than 1200). To hit/exceed protein without exceeding fat, pick lean sources (edamame, white meat, fish...).
  • smile72101
    smile72101 Posts: 26 Member
    I have ate three times today plus a snack and have only "net 38 calories"...I mowed our yard (on a hill with a push mower for just under 2 hrs) so when I added that in for my exercise (this is the only exercise I do when I do this bc it is KILLER) I am not WAYYYY under my 1490 net goal....

And I can't have nuts etc bc I have TMJ and it KILLS my jaw.....

I am interested to see how this goes!
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    i am over my fiber every single day. i figure if i am going to go over something its better to be fiber than sugar or sodium ;).
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    if you are willing to share your diary, i'd be happy to take a look at it and provide some feedback.
  • daffy37
    daffy37 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi..I'm daffy....I copy my report out every day and look it over to see where I need to make changes. I have trouble keeping my protein down...it seem to be in everything!!!
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    I think my fat problems come from eating dairy and olive oil, but it only lets me eat 49 g a day, but most of the stuff I see says 55-60 g is good for dieting. Also, I'm only supposed to have 17 g of fiber, which seems super low. I might have to do adjustments, especially after I see my nutritionist. For now, do people know any good protein/healthy carb foods that don't have too much fat? As a note, I'm a strict vegetarian, so sadly I can't do fish/poultry.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    Oats and whey
  • Protein and fat intake should be viewed as dietary MINIMUMS and not MAXIMUMS.