I LOOOVEEE Soda but after reading this...

Options
2»

Replies

• pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Just had my first Zevia ginger ale. WOW, that is good. No aftertaste.

Check out this video. I was shocked to see how much sugar is in a can of Coca Cola. Few people know how much a gram of sugar is but if they were to put how many teaspoons of sugar was in each can, I think people would be amazed. I wonder why Coca Cola doesn't put that info on their cans.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/714192/must_see_this_the_amount_of_sugar_in_coke/
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Just had my first Zevia ginger ale. WOW, that is good. No aftertaste.

Check out this video. I was shocked to see how much sugar is in a can of Coca Cola. Few people know how much a gram of sugar is but if they were to put how many teaspoons of sugar was in each can, I think people would be amazed. I wonder why Coca Cola doesn't put that info on their cans.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/714192/must_see_this_the_amount_of_sugar_in_coke/

Wow. I used to drink at least 150oz. a day. Wish /i could choke down that much water!
  • mzmattox
    Options
    WHere can you find that Stevia soda? I've never seen it......
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Stevia...healthy?

Stevia has been linked to several long term side effects which has made it a reason for controversy and doubt in the recent years. Although it has been used since centuries by the natives, there are several claimed dangers of stevia. The following are some of the claimed dangers or side effects of stevia.

* Firstly, it is said to be the biggest hindrance in the process of metabolism in the body. Regular consumption of stevia slows down or stops energy metabolism and hence, disrupt the process of conversion of food into energy.

* Secondly, one of the biggest stevia dangers is its link to cancer. When tested in a laboratory, it was found that stevia was capable of bringing mutations in cell's DNA or the genetic material. This is only a claimed side effect as this effect has not been observed in human beings till date. However, scientists and researchers have still not confirmed whether stevia can cause this mutation in human beings or not.
    * Thirdly, difficulties or problems in reproduction is also believed to be one of the stevia side effects. Long term regular consumption of stevia is claimed to affect the male reproduction system, specially leading to a decreased amount of sperm production. When tested on female animal, it was found that stevia led to decreased number of offsprings.

Hmmm.....sounds very healthy to me :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I figure if something can remove corrosion from the posts on my battery - I shouldn't be putting it in my body.

pure water will rust through metal......must be dangerous. :huh:
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I figure if something can remove corrosion from the posts on my battery - I shouldn't be putting it in my body.

pure water will rust through metal......must be dangerous. :huh:
    The acid in your stomach will dissolve a penny...what's the use, we're all gonna die anyway...right?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Exactly. On the one hand you're extending your life...or simply delaying when you die.

Happy thoughts! :D
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Soda is the primary reason for my obesity today. I've never been a huge eater, but I could easily drink 5 sodas a day. At 150 calories a can, it can pack some pounds on you quickly. I'm now in the process of giving it up. It is difficult. Being as overweight as I am, I really like the initial energy boost, but by the end of the day I am zapped of any energy. I've now switched to water with Propel 0 packets. With these, I'm taking in more vitamin B12 which helps bring up my energy level and avoid the sugar crash.
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Soda is a hit and miss for me, I can go days with out it and some days I could easily drink 6 cans lol Now I still have it on occation. Had my first one in 3 days last night and could only drink about half maybe a little more.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    thanks for that
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Funny thing to read while finishing up a 2 liter of Pepsi Max and thinking about biking to the store to buy another 2 or 3 bottles. :laugh: I drink 3 cans of diet soda a day.

It seems like every time soda gets targeted as bad or something to be avoided they always go after the sugar and calories first, assuming everyone is drinking the regular stuff. I've been drinking diet soda since I was a kid, I can't stand the regular stuff. I know diet is bad for you too, but I don't think those water packets people like to switch to are any better since you're still taking in artificial sweeteners and other assorted chemicals and unknowns with those.

I don't want to live forever so I'll just enjoy my soda. :bigsmile: