which marathon or half are U training for?

Options
13»

Replies

• alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    Hello

I did the London Marathon in April, 5.14 was too hot for me after months of training in the cold the sun shone that day! It was wonderful so many people cheering us along and running around Buckingham place was the most amazing feeling! Done it 3 times now and cry every time I go over the start line :-)

I am how training for the Beachy Head Marathon which is in October, it is an off road and rather hilly marathon but I love it, the people are fantastic and there are also walkers who do the route so there is always someone around. I am trying to loose about 10kg over the next few months if I can I know I will do some much better long training runs and the race its self would be so much more fun and faster!

Any runners out there want to add me as a friend please please do :-)
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm entered for the Rock n Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon too, can't wait!

I've also done...
    Great North Run Half Marathon (Newcastle, Eng)
    Robin Hood Half Marathon (Nottingham, Eng)
    Leeds Half Marathon (Eng)
    Loop Den Haag Half Marathon (Holland)

I've done quite a few 10k races and entered the ballot for the London Marathon next year (not sure if I have my fingers crossed to get in or not) :bigsmile:
  • alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    My 4th marathon is in just over a week. (1, 2 and 3 were all last year.) Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN. Hopefully I won't look a day over 40 (I'll be 40 two days before the race.)

Good luck with the Marathon and Happy Birthday :-)
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've done the Kentucky Derby Festival Half and I'm signed up for the Homerun 1/2 that ends at the ballfield here in Louisville.

LOL!

I was planning for my first 1/2 marathon to be the Kentucky derby 1/2, but missed the sign in dead line, so I ran in the Cleveland 1/2 marathon.

I am now planning on running in the Louisville 1/2 marathon on October 16th though. I will offically start training at the end of June.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide whether to do the Great Scottish Run in September. I'm feeling a bit lost without having a training goal at the moment!
  • redroach
    redroach Posts: 8
    Options
    do it! i did my 1st half marathon last year.

currently trainging for a marathon this year and i have to say without a goal i am lost - so hopefully ill always set myself one.

only problem is that with one i become a little obsesses. but hey thats better than being lost!