Mission Thin-Possible: 6 months of weekly pizza!

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
I reached my goal yesterday! Twenty five pounds down, and on my 39th birthday! :drinker: Woohoo!

December 11, 2010 was the turning point. I was thoroughly enjoying a great deal of Whipped Cream Vodka, Jager Bombs, cookies, wings, and a zillion other goodies at my niece's holiday party when a friend mentioned the Warrior Dash. For some reason, it grabbed my attention. Maybe it's because I've always fancied myself a badass, even though I was a total couch potato, at my highest weight ever, and not even athletic enough to be a decent competitor at Flip Cup or Beer Pong.

The next day, hung over and craving Auntie Anne's pretzels, I googled the Warrior Dash. Yep, even sober it looked like something I'd enjoy, except for the fact that I couldn't jog one block without gasping for air. My brother and his daughter were seasoned veterans of the local 5k scene, and I've always been envious of their ability, but never thought I could do it. Then I thought, "Why NOT me?!" After all, we're genetically pretty much the same.

I should also mention that I'd been battling depression for two years at that point, since my Mom passed away in December of 2008, then my Dad in February 2010. The final straw was losing my cat (now tattooed on my belly) on Halloween last year. He was young and strong, and it was a total shock. I wallowed in self pity for over a month, stuffing my face with leftover trick or treat candy and being a total lump. I was sick of feeling like life was tossing me around and knocking me down. It was time to take charge.

I started by walking more, then the Couch to 5k plan. That lead me to MPF, which was an enormous help in tracking my exercise, food consumption and seeing what worked best for me. Eating 1200 calories? Not good. I did better at 1350 until I got within 5 pounds of goal, then upped it to 1500.

What also worked for me was eating food I thoroughly enjoy. Nothing was off limits. If nothing is "wrong," then I couldn't fail! I had pizza at least once a week. And I'm not talkin' a slice or thin crust. I'm talking half of a DiGiorno Supreme Rising Crust. I did learn not to indulge in that close to my weigh in day, or the sodium would mess with my results. I love my carbs and regularly have pastas, bagels and yummy yummy garlic bread. But I try to get over 100g of protein every day. And lots of fiber, because I like being regular. :laugh: Seriously, you could set a clock to me.

For exercise, I do EA Active Sports 2, the occasional video on Netflix streaming, and running. I've finished three 5ks, one 4.5 miler (which was my first) and a 5 miler. In that one, I finished ahead of my brother the runner, and just 7 seconds behind my 25 year old niece! Tomorrow is my Warrior Dash and I'm as excited as a kid on the last day of school!

Some before photos:

reunion.jpg
At my 20th high school reunion in November. I still think I looked good, but this is a flattering picture where I only have one chin.

12-11-10.jpg
December 11, 2010. The night I found out about the Warrior Dash.

Christmas.jpg
Christmas. I'd lost a couple pounds by then.

before-during-during-after.jpg
Same bikini from last summer, which I can't wear in water anymore because the bottoms will fall off. My husband does not see that as a problem.

IMG_0619.jpg
Really liking my abs nowadays. I say "take that!" to folks who say diet soda leads to abdominal fat.

IMG_0621.jpg
The tattoos were part of my inspiration for losing weight. I wanted to show them without being embarrassed! I just got one between the shoulder blades a week ago. Six months ago, I hated my back. Hell, even six YEARS ago, when I weighed maybe 5 pounds less than I do now, I hated my back because the back fat rolls wouldn't go away. Because I didn't eat enough and didn't exercise enough.

IMG_0534.jpg
Had to buy a new bikini and got this adorable reversible b&w number. Size medium in Juniors. Yay!

Comparison photos:

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1-1.jpg
Granted, neither of the "before" pictures were posed, so it's almost unfair to myself. But my denim "painting shorts" slide right off without unbuttoning them now, rather than fitting like skin on a sausage.

before-after.jpg
I almost got rid of the purple blouse in the "after" because my arms wouldn't fit in the sleeves. I actually got stuck in the shirt once and was near tears trying to wiggle out of it.

70s-80s.jpg
And I just LOVE my arms now.

skinny-jeans.jpg
Had to get new jeans, too. The pink top in the middle used to be too tight to fit on my hips. Now it's kinda big on me. The sequins tank is the same I wore under a cardigan at Christmas.

Would it be tacky to leave the tag on?

IMG_0639-1.jpg

I wouldn't be opposed to getting a little more muscle and a little less mush in spots, and if that means another 5 or so pounds, that's fine. I've been eating for a half pound loss Monday thru Friday, then free-styling on weekends (not binging or "cheating" but not counting and not caring about going over) and I'll continue with that. I'm at goal, but that doesn't mean it's "over." I'd like to eventually not have to worry about logging at all, but as long as I'm going to have a crippling addiction to this site, and want to be here anyway to keep in touch with friends, I might as well log and make sure I'm staying on track! :laugh:

Remember: Food is NOT the enemy. Getting fit does not mean starving yourself or eating tasteless tiny portions of bunny food. Enjoy what you're eating and you'll stick with it.

Replies

• gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    Nice!
  • llpruitt
    llpruitt Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress, keep up the good work!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! congrats to you and reaching your goal! keep it up!!!!! =D and btw, you dont look a day over 21!!!!!
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's good to hear someone say they can maintain a healthy weight and still treat themselves :)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You are one hot Mama! Congrats! You seriously working that bikini!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    ROCK ON!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    You look FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!! Way to go :) Such an inspiration!
  • TahanyE
    TahanyE Posts: 83
    Options
    Great job! YOu look amazing.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    wow what an inspiration. you look fantastic. well done on all your hard work.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    YOU are an inspiration. Congrats on the weight loss and for having such a great attitude. Good luck tomorrow, Warrior! Get back on here and let us know how it went!

Bravo!
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    You are one of my favorites. I haven't given up pizza, chocolate, ice cream, Chipotle, OR diet soda and I've been losing pretty steadily (with the normal plateaus).

You look AMAZING! what an inspiration!
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    wow this is great! i have a question for you though... when you when up to 1500 calories for your last 5 pounds did that work? i need to lose 4 or 5 more to get to my goal and i've been eating 1350 plus my exercise calories and i've been stuck for months!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Amen! You've had GREAT success! And good luck tomorrow!
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • jstud76
    jstud76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks a ton!! I really needed to see this right now. I am at 154, and slightly stuck. i think I need to eat more, been STARVING lately. Training for a marathon, running 2.5 + miles a day, with some swimming, biking, hills, and horseback riding. Long runs most every weeked... we are talking 12+ miles, building to 22 by Sept. 5K tomorrow morning. It seems if I eat "normal" foods, I loose more, with occasional traditional "diet" foods thrown in. I eat alot of vegis and fruits. Drink no soda, just unsweetened tea. I would likt to get to 140, but not going to rush it. Thank you, you are an inspiration! And CONGRATS!!!:happy:
  • Debbiecastor
    Options
    Awesome, awesome job!!! I love the variety of before and after pictures and different stages of your weight loss too!! Good for you!!! Your story is an inspiration to me!! Thank you!!:drinker:
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, good for you, you look amazing. I cannot wait to get to my goal weight, and your back looks great too, I hate mine right now got the back fat...LOL but this is motivating to know it can come off, and it will. You should be so proud of yourself, good luck at eh Warrior Dash, it looks like so much fun had no one to do it with me this year, but found a group for next year. Keep doing what your doing cause it is working.
  • jetbutterfly
    Options
    we share a bday! i turned 28 yesterday! you look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!