Locked? Another?

I don't understand why the "Spank or Not to Spank" was locked?

If things are in the "General Discussion" area, why would they not be okay? I'm not trying to push limits, but did I miss something? What does "General Discussion" include? Is there a list for us?

Thanks guys! :flowerforyou:

(This is NOT for an argument, this is for information only please!)

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I don't understand why the "Spank or Not to Spank" was locked?

If things are in the "General Discussion" area, why would they not be okay? I'm not trying to push limits, but did I miss something? What does "General Discussion" include? Is there a list for us?

Thanks guys! :flowerforyou:

(This is NOT for an argument, this is for information only please!)
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    I do believe it was not the actual topic but the turn it was beginning to take.
  • PrincessLaundry
    I do believe it was not the actual topic but the turn it was beginning to take.

I tried to read into it...I failed. LOL

I think my biggest problem when I read, is that see everything as though people are smiling, people are just saying, and that we all own a small puppy and a chocolate bar. LOL I forget to READ stuff tougher.

Someone could say to me online, "You are a shrewd!" And here I would be thinking, "Oh goodness...How funny! YOU KNOW IT!" LOL

I'm a goofball.:blushing:

This is why I hate e-mail, hate boards, and hate online communication. You never know what a person REALLY means. Ya know?
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    im not sure PL, i havent been coming on here much at all because of all of this stuff...I had one of my posts deleted the other day because the title was apparently inappropriate and the funny part was that i didnt even think of it inapropriately and all the post said inside was happy friday... but like i have said before when you start laying down laws thats the point where people complain and things become a problem....i feel like the boards are boring because i have to watch EVERYTHING i say because SOMEONE might take offence...
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    I'm a goofball.:blushing:

This is why I hate e-mail, hate boards, and hate online communication. You never know what a person REALLY means. Ya know?

This is why we love you.

This is also why I can't communicate without emoticons.:bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Ya...more smilies!

Imagine how many lives a simple "LOL" have saved??? LOL Errrr....:laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Yep, I'm almost afraid to write anything, for fear somebody will take it wrong and tattle.

Princess, I assure you when you read what I'm typing, I was smiling when I wrote it. I'm kind of a goofball also, and I'm never very serious.:bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Yep, I'm almost afraid to write anything, for fear somebody will take it wrong and tattle.

Princess, I assure you when you read what I'm typing, I was smiling when I wrote it. I'm kind of a goofball also, and I'm never very serious.:bigsmile:

Me either...I have had friends tell me I'm not serious enough. I'm like, sheesh! How can I be? Life is too goofy! LOL Oh gosh...look at my profile photo? Errrr....
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    I personally saw the direction it was going, as the topic carries many opinions for me.... BUT I don't see the point in locking it. (:smile: PL) I'm rarely around anymore because like Jackeh said.... I'm terrified even a smiley won't keep me from offending someone.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    ... I'm terrified even a smiley won't keep me from offending someone.

Hey! :angry:
  • mholmes

Oh shove it lady!!! I wasn't talkin about you! :bigsmile: jus teasin :smooched:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member

Oh shove it lady!!! I wasn't talkin about you! :bigsmile: jus teasin :smooched:

:laugh: :laugh:

She gets me, she truly gets me! :love:
  • PrincessLaundry
    I think it's like the "Wife Swap" show...I'm not an extremest, so I'm boring...

Hey, what do you mean by that smiley anyway?? :love:

Or wait...I think I'm going to start using the antonym smiley for what I say...to keep ya'll guessing. :brokenheart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    You guys are all so funny. :laugh:

I figured the spanking topic would stray and end up getting locked. I'm patting myself on the back for avoiding all these issues-- go me. I'm one of those right-wing nuts that ticks everybody off when I open my mouth. So, after my first topic here where I ticked somebody off by "attacking fat people," or so it was alleged, this fat person decided to stay on the sidelines and revert to a cheerleader.

You can do it, you can do it, if you put your mind to it-- buckle down, buckle down, do it, do it, do it!!!

Yay team!! (does a cartwheel and a split):wink:

Have a nice day!!:flowerforyou:
  • mholmes
    Just so everyone knows.... I always say everything with a smile. Whether it be :devil: or :smile: or :wink: or :happy: or :tongue: or :love: or :ohwell: or :flowerforyou: or :smokin: or :smooched: or :bigsmile: or :blushing: .... Even when I was complainin about my back, it's all in good fun. Life's too short to be taken too seriously.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Maybe before any assumptions are made about why a post was locked OR assume that SOMEBODY is just waiting to "tattle", perhaps someone could ask Mike why that post was locked. It could be a case of the length of it, etc. Since Mike locked it, Mike's the only one who would know why. Why not seek answers/solutions instead of making assumptions? Personally, I hadn't even been reading that post, as I have no children. I went back and read through it and saw nothing there but maybe Mike did, so why not ask him directly?
  • mholmes
    Beating_A_Dead_Horse.gif

No No No..... This is a happy thread now. No complaining!
  • :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Life's too short to be taken too seriously.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    I locked the Spank or not to spank topic because of the following reasons:

- It's a touchy subject with strong feelings on both sides of the debate, so as you can imagine, I had already had to delete several posts where tempers had flared. For the most part, everyone was extremely respectful in their posts, but it definitely was a topic that needed constant monitoring to ensure the debate remained civil.

- The discussion had already gone on for a few days, and it seemed like the poster had gotten the information they needed. The topic had not received a post for almost an entire day, so it seemed like the interest in it had died down.

Given those two factors, I locked it just so that I wouldn't need to monitor it any more.

Hope that helps clarify things.