Biggest Weight Loser - Weight-In for Wk 5

Options

Replies

• pandora3799
    Options
    Can I join? My name is Brandy. My start weight is 181. My goal is 145. If possible I would like to be on the black team... just because it is the only results chart that I fully understand! :blushing:
    I can't weight to get to know everyone!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Can I join? My name is Brandy. My start weight is 181. My goal is 145. If possible I would like to be on the black team... just because it is the only results chart that I fully understand! :blushing:
    I can't weight to get to know everyone!

Be great to have another player ;)

Most likely you'll be placed on the team that needs another player to level the teams out. Know what I mean? Each team coach does their statistics a bit differenly. I think the 'black team' coach breaks it down more into loss %'s which I have to say...I agree..I seem to understand that much better myself.:drinker:

I'm a purple girl...maybe we can just have C (captain of all the teams, Purple team captain as well) do the %'s as well as perhaps the Blue team might too??.

I imagine you and I aren't the only ones that notice the difference....you just jumped in and mentioned it is all :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    GO PURPLE!!!!!!

Way to go Fitness Chick, you are doing great!!! I can't wait to see what I do next week!!!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:smile: Weekends are always the hardest for me, so I am going to stay focused!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: Thanks! it was a nice surprise to me as well:drinker:

Have a great weekend....:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :blushing: :drinker: thanks...was a nice surprise when I realized how much I was down.:noway:
    Yea to the purple team!!!

Holy Smokes Fitness Chick that weight is melting off!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!
  • lesszmore
    Options
    me too can i join? my current is 209.5 and i would LOVE to see 185 by December.
  • Canelitas
    Options
    This is so embarrasing .... but hey it's worth saying, maybe I'll get help ...

I don't know how to do the %'s :blushing:

If someone is willing to step up and help me in that area I would greatly appreciate it. :flowerforyou:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Just joined ... Welcome to the Challenge ... I'll add you to a list and message you shortly. :flowerforyou:

If anyone else wants to join, just message me your current weight and a goal weight from now until December 02. Thanks! :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

If someone is willing to step up and help me in that area I would greatly appreciate it. :flowerforyou:

Isn't it Nicole that's the team leader doing the %'s I am sure she would show you how....then we'd feel like we were doing it like everyone else....and perhaps the Blue team would be interested as well.

If it hadn't been brought up then we wouldn't know what folks want right? :drinker: So I think it's good that it's being discussed....:drinker:

I really would like to see all 3 teams layout be the same if at all possible ...and I sure don't mean any critisim by saying that....just would be nice uniformity for ALL the players it seems so we can look at each team's scores and %'s and have it be fluid. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Hopefully Nicole sees this post/topic/thread and jumps in and offers to explain or something to the Awesome Blue & Purple Team Leaders!
    Oh we do love you!!:heart: You all work so hard...:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Oh I don't mean to make you embarressed....really I didn't ....it was just an idea she had brought up wanting to join a particular team and so I mentioned it....

Sorry:blushing: :smooched: Your ROCK PURPLE TEAM CAPTAIN!!!
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options

It really isn't that difficult.

((IW-AW)/IW) * 100= weight loss percentage

In this formula IW is your initial weight and AW is your actual weight at this point.

Practically all you do is subtract the actual weight from the initial weight and divide the number obtained by your initial weight. Multiply the result with 100 and you'll get the exact percent.

So, if I plug in my numbers here.... My initial weight was 288 (I think) My Actual weight now is 275.5 so plugging in those numbers:

((288-275.5)/288) x 100= weight loss percentage

Always start with the first parenthesis and do the subtraction....

(12.5/288) x 100= weight loss percentage

Then do the division

(0.043402.......) x 100= weight loss percentage

4.43% is my weight loss percentage.

Let me know if you have any questions. I actually found this formula on a website so I hope it is accurate.
  • Canelitas
    Options
    :noway: that left me more cunfuse on %'s ....lol :blushing:
  • tall_t
    Options
    :noway: that left me more cunfuse on %'s ....lol :blushing:

Ack!!! didn't mean to do that!!!!:ohwell:

If you send me the starting weight loss for our team (and any other team) I can send those to you if you like....
  • dmt595
    Options
    I would like to join my current weight is 208 would like to be 150.Please reply.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I would like to join my current weight is 208 would like to be 150.Please reply.

Hey girlie! I'm sure Canelitas will PM you or send you a message here. If not, then touch base with her. She's great (as anyone here will tell you :wink: ). Welcome to MFP! It's nice to meet you.
  • Canelitas
    Options

Ack!!! didn't mean to do that!!!!:ohwell:

If you send me the starting weight loss for our team (and any other team) I can send those to you if you like....

:laugh: I plan on taking you up on your offer :blushing:
  • Canelitas
    Options

Welcome to the group :flowerforyou:
  • tall_t
    Options
    Ok.... I have the spread sheet for the purple team made. I can input the totals once Canelita's puts the weights in....

Here is what I have so far for the Purple Team %'s....

MEMBER...............................% Lost this week....................% Lost Total DC

Canelitas________________0.0%__________________2.30%
    Carak2000_______________0.82%_________________1.22%
    Cre13___________________1.84%_________________2.20%
    Cupcake568______________0.96%_________________2.37%
    Dothompson______________0.0%_________________1.81%
    DrTamm_________________0.43%________________1.68%
    Fab140__________________0.0%__________________-0.56%
    Fitness_Chick_____________2.52%:drinker: __________3.33%
    Greysweatshirt_____________-0.92%_______________1.24%
    IrishRoseBud_____________0.51%_________________3.18%
    Jenn10__________________0.63%_________________0.63%
    Melissa73________________0.0%__________________3.20%
    Mush____________________0.95%_________________0.95%
    OomarianneoO____________2.37%_________________2.08%
    RachvR6_________________-0.51%________________-1.75%
    Slender1_________________1.79%_________________1.47%
    Stephi92569______________0.00%_________________3.36%
    Tall_T___________________0.18%_________________4.51%
    Tjcarle200________________0.51%_________________6.71%:drinker:
    Vans____________________2.02%_________________5.76%

Our Weekly % winner is Fitness Chick:bigsmile: , Our overall greatest % of weight lost is TJcarle:bigsmile: .... Great job guys and gals!!!!

Overall this week the Purple Team lost 14.11%, and since the challenge began we have lost 45.71%
  • melissa73
    Options
    Way to go Purple. This is so exciting to actually see the percents too.

Great job Tina.You go girl.

Canelitas. We have a great team and love what you have done for us with this challenge so far.
    Keep up the good work.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Ok.... I have the spread sheet for the purple team made. I can input the totals once Canelita's puts the weights in....

Here is what I have so far for the Purple Team %'s....

MEMBER...............................% Lost this week....................% Lost Total DC

Canelitas________________0.0%__________________2.30%
    Carak2000_______________0.82%_________________1.22%
    Cre13___________________1.84%_________________2.20%
    Cupcake568______________0.96%_________________2.37%
    Dothompson______________0.0%_________________1.81%
    DrTamm_________________0.43%________________1.68%
    Fab140__________________0.0%__________________-0.56%
    Fitness_Chick_____________2.52%:drinker: __________3.33%
    Greysweatshirt_____________-0.92%_______________1.24%
    IrishRoseBud_____________0.51%_________________3.18%
    Jenn10__________________0.63%_________________0.63%
    Melissa73________________0.0%__________________3.20%
    Mush____________________0.95%_________________0.95%
    OomarianneoO____________2.37%_________________2.08%
    RachvR6_________________-0.51%________________-1.75%
    Slender1_________________1.79%_________________1.47%
    Stephi92569______________0.00%_________________3.36%
    Tall_T___________________0.18%_________________4.51%
    Tjcarle200________________0.51%_________________6.71%:drinker:
    Vans____________________2.02%_________________5.76%

Our Weekly % winner is Fitness Chick:bigsmile: , Our overall greatest % of weight lost is TJcarle:bigsmile: .... Great job guys and gals!!!!

Overall this week the Purple Team lost 14.11%, and since the challenge began we have lost 45.71%

Awesome job Tina...thanks so much for doing the spreadsheet/%'s for us all to follow it that way too:smooched:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:
    Way to go Purple. We are all doing so great..
    Keep it up..
    Hope we all meet our goals for next week.

Give me a P

P!

Give me an U

U!

Give me a R

R!

Give me another P

P!

Give me a L

L!

Give me an E

E!