Do you lose faster or slower than mfp predicts?

Options

Replies

• ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    deppends on the week but mostly slower
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    So far, I've lost much faster. I've averaged a little over two pounds a week even though I set MFP to keep me on track to lose half a pound a week. I think the rate of loss will eventually slow down and stay closer to that half pound rate.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Slower. MFP says 1.3lbs a week and I lose about 1lb a week. But I give myself 1 day of maintaining a week and don't beat myself up if I go about 100 calories over most days. So really I'm right on track. I'm happy with 1lb a week
  • EmilyDezo
    EmilyDezo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site. Where are you all seeing the amount per week we should be loosing? Just checking.
    Emily
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I am new to this site. Where are you all seeing the amount per week we should be loosing? Just checking.
    Emily

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals

There should be a 'predicted weight loss' on this page (:
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    faster. Because I always overestimate my calories intake and underestimate my exercise calories burn.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Slower. But I'm a premenopausal 44 year old.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Faster, but you should also ask if they are above or below there allowable calories.
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    For the first 2 months it was right on. Now for the last 3 weeks I have lost nothing! :grumble: :sad:
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Emily

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals

There should be a 'predicted weight loss' on this page (:

Yeah I think a "based on what you ate last week, you should now weigh...." would be awesome! Like they do when you complete your daily food journal but aggregated for the week.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Like, like super like on predicted weight loss should be based on weekly not daily enties. It would give a more realistic average!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Slower! I feel like I've hit a plateau. But I also just changed up my calories so hopefully it'll help me lose again...
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Me, faster :happy:
    You?

your activity level prob. isnt set right if u lose faster
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    The first 25 lbs = faster...These days, the predictions are much slower than reality.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    WAAAAY slower.
  • shortly24
    shortly24 Posts: 18
    Options
    Waaay slower here too. But keeping on keeping on, and enjoying the changes, slow though they might be. 26 pounds lost since the start of the year isn't too bad in the scheme of things.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Faster too. It states that I should lose 0.6lbs a week... but Im nearly loosing a pounds each week :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    slower
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Me, faster :happy:
    You?

your activity level prob. isnt set right if u lose faster

I can give myself the activity level of a bike courier, and I still lose faster!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Swings and roundabouts really; if you've got it to lose, you'll lose it fast, but the lighter you get the slower the loss will become...

That is my findings anyway :wink: