If you haven't bought one already....

Options
13»

Replies

• crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Didn't thiink I deserved one yet, but maybe I need one...
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I have one today. Walked 2.25 miles - MFP said it burns 130 calories. HRM said I actually burned 330.
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Anyone have the polar FT40? I'm thinking of getting it and wanted to know if it as worth the extra over the ft7.
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started with a Polar F5, but when I started running last year, I wanted something that could also track pace, mileage, etc, so I bought a Garmin ForeRunner 110 watch that has an HRM strap. It also has a USB cable so I can upload my workout and see how far I ran/biked, and WHERE I ran/biked, since it has a built-in GPS. I like that function! You can also tell it that you want to use it indoors to just track time, HR and calories. I agree with OP - if you want an ACCURATE picture of how many calories you are burning, you NEED an HRM that is programmed with your information. And don't forget to reset the weight info periodically - as you lose weight the amount of calories you burn for a given activity WILL change.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i found a couple online but i would like to buy one at a retail store does anyone know where i may find one?

I bought my Polar F4 at Sports Authority.

I was so glad I bought one. My calorie burns are lower on my HRM than MFP calculated. I don't always eat back my exercise calories so the overestimate wasn't the worst thing but I have found out that knowing exactly how hard I am working pushes me to work harder.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I have a HRM watch as well and I LOVE IT!!!! I have found it's pure motivation. I love to workout and then see how many calories I burned. I find it makes me work harder as well. I got mad the other day when in Zumba when the instructor didn't push us like she typically does because I knew that my calories burnt would be less. And well they were.

I have the Gaiam...highly recommend it!!!!