Old Clothes - Smaller Me

Options
2»

Replies

• yuli23
    yuli23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was lucky, I've always lied to myself that the old suit / jeans etc would fit me next year, and are still in the wardrobe even after 6 years. Hopefully next year they really will. In the meantime I find Asda / Walmart a good source of cheap new clothes

Hahaha that's what I did ...and clothes from about 5 yrs ago that were under my bed are starting to fit again ...
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing this long enough to have that problem (although my belt is at it's last notch and I keep having to pull my pants up). I was thinking about estate sales; there is always an abundance of clothes, some never worn and some expensive for very reasonable prices.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of selling all my gowns and dresses to friends and family to raise money for new ones. Regular clothes I only buy in sales at the moment unless they are the smallest size the shop sells (ie US 2-4 UK 6-8). One of my friends set up a facebook group and sold off hundreds of items after weight loss, selling some for literally 50p and others for up to £50. She raised enough for a small new collection of clothes, all the basics you would need. I think that's a great idea and might do it myself once I have flogged stuff off to my sister!
  • greekmom73
    Options
    I love consignment stores. Also, garage sales are a great way to find almost-new clothes.
    If you watch, a lot of the thrift stores will also have 50% off days.
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    I second the tailor idea. It's usually not that expensive to get pants taken in, or hemmed. I'm not sure about complicated items though.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey im there with you. Im going to have a yard sale. I have a ton of stuff to get rid of. Ill use the money I make to buy new ones. I will bs hitting the clearence racks, good will, yard sales. Good luck to you! Congratulations!
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I take mine to a consignment shop where I can get cash or store credit to buy more clothes. Also, Goodwill and the like are always a good spot-just gotta dig! I've found a lot of really nice name brand stuff there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!