Inches & Weight Loss 12-week challenge

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Just had a chance to check. Working hard to get the end of quarter pounds off. Now hopefully to make some progress.Can;t wait to see how everyone else did.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Sort of a wash for me this week. Scale up a bit and most inches the same just a small bit of progress. Usually I measure before breakfast but didn't have time to today. Does it matter?

Hope all saw some progress.
    Keri
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    Keri just send the measurements when you can... I am not pressing anyone to send them more often then they are comfortable with. I'll be posting the results tomorrow night sometime after I wake up since I'm having to work mids, get my work out in and take care of my babies as well as our horses and ponies. I had a couple people send me messages that they would be sending in their measurements tomorrow so want to give them time to get them in.

A NSV for me was my measurements, I actually am up two pounds this week. This was an extremely frustrating week for me as far as the scale went. If I was just looking at that number well honestly I was almost in tears till I took my measurements. I didn't measure last week so I am back at the weight I was when I first started this challenge. My measurements however went down by 25 inches total.
    The majority of my loss was in my core muscles, from my bustline to my hip line though I did lose a little in my upper arms as well. I am discovering that certain parts of my body once they reach their lower end like my forearms and my calves I'm not having any loss but nor am I seeing any gain. I know I am gaining a huge amount of muscle... so that number on the scale well it's just a number I know it'll start going down again but those inches lost well that is what I want to see really go... all that fat can gladly be replaced by muscle and I will be one happy camper.

I am going to be posting the numbers for each person tomorrow and I think some of you might just be surprised at how those numbers go.
  • stariera
    Options
    On a seperate note: Are there any exercises in particular you guys are doing and seeing results from?

With my prior back injury I had to learn a new way to work my core trunk area. It is very difficult for me to lay on the floor to do crunches. So here are a couple I do with the aid of resistance bands while sitting in a straight back chair. Honestly when I first started lol it was hard for me to do it even without the added resistance. Lower Abs should always be done first. The first week I was able to do one set of 18. 2nd week I increased it to 25. 3rd week 2 sets of 18... 4th week 2 sets of 25 then I added resistance to each and started over at week ones reps.

Lower Ab Crunch- Sitting to the front of chair where you can lean at about a 45 degree angle back both hands holding yourself firmly in chair. With both legs together lift legs up about 8-10 inches off floor, your feet should be facing with your toes out, legs downward, should be about a 45 degree angle up from your starting position, hold for about two seconds then return legs to starting position.

Upper Abdominal crunch- Basically rolling your upper body forward from the upper ab area, your arms should be tucked in to your chest almost like a boxing pose LOL. Hold yourself forward for two seconds then sit back up straight. Note you should be feeling it within a couple reps as long as you are holding yourself correctly.

Cross Seated Oblique Crunch- Starting position- Sit straight up shoulders squared, arms tucked into chest... starting with right side elbow curl yourself forward bringing the right elbow to left knee. Hold for about two seconds then go back to starting position. Repeat with the other side. .

Side oblique crunch- Starting position Sit straight up- arms tucked into chest. Lean to Left side touching left elbow to left hip... your body should be curling at the waist... repeat with right side same way.

To some these sound really easy but a cousin who is much younger then me had a really hard time getting through it the first time LOL... and for some they probably are easy but if you have any type of neck or back issues while it takes pressure off those it really does work those core muscles.
  • stariera
    Options
    Ok girls so far this is the results I have, I'll post the others tomorrow once I've recieved the information from those I haven't recieved them from yet.

Since the start of the challenge:
    stariera- 25 inches same weight, note: my inches include my bustline as well... as bra line, which I went down on both.
    jjclem07- 11.5 inches loss, down 1 pound
    slinkybaz- 6 inches loss, down 2.87 pounds
    KeriA- 3 inches loss, down 1 pound

Since week 2 of the challenge:
    stenochick- 1.5 inches loss, same weight

You all are doing an amazing job... keep up the good work.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I wasn't home last night to send my measurements! I'll get those to you now.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Love those exercises. Thanks, I am going to try them. I feel better today. My weight came down again today (after sending yesterday). Hope it still keeps going down. I have been working really hard both with exercise and calories. As to exercises - I do alot of amazing crunches and core work in my aquafit class that my instructor invented. In one you hold onto the side of the pool with one hand with your side to the wall and bring your feet up to the side of the pool touch and then down. Another you stand a few feet from the side of the pool and bring your knees up into a crunch and then tap the side of the pool with your feet then you bring your knees in again into another crunch as you put you feet down on the floor of the pool and repeat. She has exercises that you use dragbells or water resistance dumbells and do bicep curls while you bring up your knees to your chest and down. I wasn't planning to still be doing aquafit so long but I am still seeing progress in slimming my core which is where I need it the most but we do arm exercises too with the dragbells.
  • stariera
    Options
    Two more weigh-ins and inches lost
    Ashlinmarie lost 2.4 pounds and 5.25 inches since the start of the challenge
    Collinsky lost 4.6 lbs and 8.75 inches

I'm once again losing pounds but LOL figured I would once some of the fluid weight started coming off of me. I won't be surprised to have a decent weight loss next week to go with the inches I've lost.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Happy 4th All and since it is Monday I am checking in here. I am back down weight wise from last week and have lost about a quarter of an inch on only a few measurements. Not alot of progress. I continue to exercise an hour a day and stay under my calories goal.
    Keri
  • Collinsky
    Options
    LOL the holiday weekend really threw me off! I've had trouble remembering what day it is. Send measurements to you just now!! Hope everyone saw some good losses!
  • stariera
    Options
    Girls I have not forgotten about you I apologize for my absence. As soon as I feel better I'll be noting something about everyone's progress this week. I was bitten 7 times total that I found by brown spiders that are common to barns and old houses... in my case I came across a nest of them in the barn where my second set of babies reside... my horses luckily it wasn't one of my kids who came across them. I unfortunately am allergic to them and my dad got me meds quickly but I've been dosed up the last few days trying to recover from them. As the meds tend to knock me out at least I am seeing progress on them going away. I may be MIA off and on over the next few days but I hope everyone is having a better week then me. LOL on a side note I did manage to lose all my fluid weight last week to get down to 172 as of my weekly weigh in for myself Sunday. I didn't weigh myself Monday like I normally would have nor have I been near a tape measurer... I'll get to that next week when I feel better.

Miss you all lots,
    Stella
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Glad your ok Stella. Hugs
  • stariera
    Options
    Happy Saturday Girls I hope you are all having a great weekend... I am feeling so much better today and so recharged... I'm learning as I don't normally have anyone close to me at work... and I typically sit behind a desk for at least part of my day... to use that sedintary time... to my advantage... Since my lower abs are my bain... I've started doing seated reverse crunches or leg lifts to work those lower ab muscles... I'll do 5-10 of them about once a half hour... LOL we'll see if it helps make a difference when I finally take my measurements again Monday.
  • stariera
    Options
    Happy Tuesday beautiful ladies... I'll be posting later this afternoon the results. I recieved 4 measurements and I have some results from last week I'll be posting from others...
  • KeriA
    Options
    I just realized I didn't send my measurements yesterday after taking all of them. Well not much to report. I am down just a bit in my neck which I thought was probably as small as it would get already. No weight loss again or inches lost otherwise. Many of those in my C25K group are reporting that they are not losing weight either.1? Oh well I have been exercising, eating healthy, drinking my water and keeping my calories down. Maybe next week.
  • stariera
    Options
    If you still want to send them Keri please do... I managed to lose one set of measurements and waiting for them to be resent.
    I've had some scatter brained moments this week... very stressful week. I'll be glad when my mother gets her meds straight it has been super difficult to deal with her and my poor dad I think is at his wits end.
  • stariera
    Options
    Alright girls now that I've had some time to sit down for a moment... I do apologize for the late post. I have an aunt & two uncles in hospital atm and my mother who has dementia sure has been on a bend lately.... in large part because her meds are off and I think she's forgetting to take them when I am not there. I've seen some progress from each of you that sent in your numbers.

ALL TOGETHER WE HAVE LOST 90.35 inches :happy:

stariera
    collinsky
    slinkybaz

are the top losers so far in inches

You guys are doing a great job keep up the good work.
  • stariera
    Options
    Happy Monday All,

I hope your Weekends went better then mine. I am starting my new schedule this week and I am so hoping I have a better weekend this coming weekend then I have been having. I've lossed some pounds however I have not loss inches this week. It seems to happen like that for me I either lose a decent amount of weight or I lose inches. Sometimes I am lucky enough to do both at the same time... LOL. I haven't been keeping up with my work out schedule but I am really hoping I'll manage to get back on track with it. HUGS all.
  • stariera
    Options
    I've had 4 check ins this week. You're all doing a great job ladies. I know not everyone that reported loss this week however I can see the committment there from each of you. I'll be posting next week on everyone's progress to date. I'll be putting it into a chart where everyone can see a percentage loss for each of you that have reported your information.
  • Collinsky
    Options
    I've had 4 check ins this week. You're all doing a great job ladies. I know not everyone that reported loss this week however I can see the committment there from each of you. I'll be posting next week on everyone's progress to date. I'll be putting it into a chart where everyone can see a percentage loss for each of you that have reported your information.

Thanks for putting everything together!