ZUMBA FITNESS CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Update, due to a lunch and a nap I was able to get the last 40 min in. Tommorrow is my zumba class so definately 60 min no problem!
  • genineflores
    genineflores Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How do you track your calories burned for Zumba? I couldn't find it??? I have been going twice a week at the gym. The class is an hour long, and my goodness I sweat....
  • tropaze
    Options
    You're supposed to track it through a calorie counter/heart rate monitor. That way you get an accurate reading of the calories burned during your zumba class. I guess it at around 500 calories per 1 hour session, though I'm always told it's usually around 600-700 per 1 hour session.
  • pratt898
    pratt898 Posts: 4
    Options
    Which Zumba DVDs are the best? I do not have a wii, but attend a great zumba class it's only offered weekly though and I need more!
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Today completed Zumba Cardio Party DVD burned 352 calories. I'm goin to keep doing this dvd until I learn the choreography. It is a great workout.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Did zumba on Sunday with mom and sister in law. It was their first time. 20 minute beginner on wii and it was hilarious!

Also for those looking for calorie estimates go here: http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • vwbear
    vwbear Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Tonight I did a 60 minute toning class, followed by a 60 minute Zumba class. :smile:
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hey guys...sorry I haven't been checking on a regular basis. I was out of town for the 4th of July weekend and sadly didn't do any Zumba. Hopefully I can get in some Zumba time tonight!! I really need to kick things into high gear because my husband is coming home in 20 days for R&R from overseas and I wanted to be 130 but right now I will settle for 135.
  • tropaze
    Options
    Zumba class today, did 60 min of exercise. Always fun when we do Zumba!
  • Neen
    Neen Posts: 6
    Options
    I hope yall don't mind if I start posting here! :)

I take Zumba many times a week!!!! As a matter of fact, I teach some also.... Going to get certified in a couple of weeks, but my instructor has started letting me teach a couple of songs so I can become comfortable with it.

So tonight..... 60 mins of Zumba......

Now tomorrow is my LONG day! 60 mins of Zumba in the morning, and then 2 back to back Zumba classes, 120 mins! Yikes! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Oh, I wish I'd seen this sooner. :( I've been doing Zumba 6 days a week for 55 - 60 min unless some other obligation prevents it. I love Zumba! It's the most fun workout I've ever done. And I think my abs are in the best shape ever.
  • vwbear
    Options
    Another 60 minute class for me tonight.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    30 minutes intermediate level for me today
  • ladygloria
    Options
    60 minute class, 789 calorie burn. Love!
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    Yesterday, I went to a live Zumba Class full of high energy :bigsmile: burned 660 calories. At the end of the class my instructor also added Beyonce's Move ya body work out...WOW!!!! What a song to work out to..I highly recommend it.

http://youtu.be/wc_PizWNp6k
  • tropaze
    Options
    Zumba today for 60 min, so much fun. Different instuctors for this week since our regular ones are at the convention.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Zumba class was awesome as usually. Our substitute did her thing. Burned 510 calories for 60 minutes.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    did 20 min intermediate today and yoga
  • ladygloria
    Options
    Seems a lot of instructors are at the convention thisnweek. Did an hour class, burned 766 calories. Borrowed the old DVDs from a friend and am excited to try them, especially the toning one, this week.
  • vwbear
    Options
    Another 60 minute class and a 60 minute toning class afterwards :bigsmile: