What do you prefer? Snacks or No snacks.

2»

Replies

• lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    I have to eat six times a day. It keeps me on track. I snack all day long. dinner time is trickiest for me.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    I usually snack if I'm hungry. But only if I'm hungry. Otherwise, if I skip a snack and wait until meal time I'm likely to get a headache and feel lousy all day.
    Pregnant women are advised to eat frequent small meals, so that's what I'm doing =)
  • cdoane
    cdoane Posts: 11 Member
    I eat snacks everday at work. Keeps me from getting to hungry between meals and then overeating when it comes time to have a meal. But i make my snacks low calorie and healthy. Like today i have sugaer snap pears for my afternoon snack, and i am good until i go home for dinner.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    OP has left the building.
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    I try to hold off on snacking during the day. Once I get home from work I do my workout before dinner so that puts my mind on something other than food. Drinking a lot of water throughout the day really helps control the urge to snack. I am certainly not a pro yet (only two weeks in) but that seems to be working for me. This also allows a little more wiggle room at meals for calories.

Hope that helps.
    Mike
  • mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Snacks are my worst enemy. They never make me feel full; they always leave me wanting more.

I eat 1-3 meals per day, depending on how I'm feeling and whether it's a workout day. Never hungry, and I get to have big meals.

You keep your snacks, I'll keep my 1,800 calorie meals :D
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Snacks. It's a long time between lunch and supper. *crunches on her apple*

I agree! I cut out my mid-morning snack by adding protein to my breakfast, and now I don't get hungry at 10am anymore. However, there are 8-9 hours between my lunch and my dinner, so I have a snack around 5.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    It's really a preference...whatever works for YOU to keep you on track. Personally I usually snack a little between meals...busier days, maybe not...but helps my blood sugar and mood :o)
    Exactly!
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    SNACKS! i eat 6 times a day lol
    breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack
    my main meals arent too high in calories so it doesnt bother me. overall, i tend to eat around 1200 calories so its fine for me :)
This discussion has been closed.