Low Fat Cupcakes

Options
Hey Guys--

I wanted to know if anyone has a good recipe for a low fat "diet" cup cake. Either something chocolatey or red velvety would be great. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jesswiggin
    jesswiggin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No suggestions.. but I'm interested, too! Mmmmm. Cupcakes. :)
  • shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    Duncan Hines Devil's food with canned pumpkin.... delicious!
  • zen_cln
    zen_cln Posts: 10
    Options
    have you ever heard of diet soda cake? (I have made it in a cake pan but I dont see why you couldn't convert it into a cupcake) Just mix 1 box of cake mix with 1 can of diet soda (keep dark mixes with dark soda or even mix!) and bake at 350! I top mine off with whipped cream.. my favorite combo is a chocolate cake mix with diet cherry coke!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I posted on my blog a few days ago that I made angel food cupcakes topped with cool whip and fresh strawberries... kids loved them but they weren't as dense as the kind you're looking for (chocolate or red velvet).
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    These are my favorite: pina colada cupcakes. They're delicious! The recipe is found here:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/pina-colada-cupcakes.html

And FYI - the whole website has tons of fantastic recipes.

I think I may have to make some tomorrow - looking at the photos again has made me drool. Enjoy!
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, I saw this on a MFP post about a week ago... Angel food cake funfetti :) with whip cream topping(fat free) and one strawberry on top cut in half :P sooooo yummmmmmy!
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    This might not be what you're looking for, but you could try black bean brownies!
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    have you ever heard of diet soda cake? (I have made it in a cake pan but I dont see why you couldn't convert it into a cupcake) Just mix 1 box of cake mix with 1 can of diet soda (keep dark mixes with dark soda or even mix!) and bake at 350! I top mine off with whipped cream.. my favorite combo is a chocolate cake mix with diet cherry coke!

i JUST finished making rainbow cupcakes using white cake mix and sprite zero! around 100 calories per cupcake. made my own frosting too - fat free cool whip with fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding mix. so good!

look at this website for more - http://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake
  • MDichoso
    MDichoso Posts: 10
    Options
    You can take any box cake (chocolate, red velvet, etc), add a diet soda (Coke or Pepsi, for instance), mix it in, and bake according to directions. You don't need to add oil or egg. The cake will be a bit more more crumbly, but that doesn't really matter with cupcakes. For frosting, use a reduced fat cream cheese, mix with a cup of powdered sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla--it's lower in fat than the canned frosting. You can also top with fat free whipped topping. I started making cakes/cupcakes this way for my son, who is allergic to eggs.

BTW, to make low fat brownies, get your favorite box of brownie mix and a can of black beans. Drain and rinse the beans, add to a blender. Add a can full of water to blender. Puree the beans with the water. Add to the brownie mix and bake as directed. I bake my brownies in muffin tins for portion control.

I believe both these easy low fat foods are in the My Fitness Pal database, but if not, you can just create the recipe!

Enjoy!
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    These are my favorite: pina colada cupcakes. They're delicious! The recipe is found here:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/pina-colada-cupcakes.html

And FYI - the whole website has tons of fantastic recipes.

I think I may have to make some tomorrow - looking at the photos again has made me drool. Enjoy!

There is a red velvet cupcake recipe on this website.

Thanks for the website, looks like there are some good recipes.
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    Options
    So that is who posted it..LOL Sorry I couldn't remember where I saw but I know I did! So yummy, btw!!
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    Options
    So that is who posted it..LOL Sorry I couldn't remember where I saw but I know I did! So yummy, btw!!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dot513
    dot513 Posts: 38
    Options
    bump
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Triple Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes (makes 24)

Ingredients
    Generic - Applesauce Unsweetened 20 oz.
    Betty Crocker - Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix Only, 1 package

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Potassium

Total: 2178 470 30 24 4558 1265
    Per Serving: 91 20 1 1 190 53
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Triple Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes (makes 24)

Ingredients
    Generic - Applesauce Unsweetened 20 oz.
    Betty Crocker - Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix Only, 1 package

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Potassium

Total: 2178 470 30 24 4558 1265
    Per Serving: 91 20 1 1 190 53
    So moist and yummy!!!
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bumping for later- thanks everyone for sharing!
  • sms9497
    sms9497 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yum - I will try these!