Awkward Moments at the gym?

Options
RCKT82
RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
We've all had them! You're lying if you say no! I have two to add to my growing list...

First... I was passing by a trainer and his client, while the trainer was taking his measurements. The Trainer yells out a little too loudly "Ya know, when you drop a dookie you instantly lose 5lbs!!" Of course I happened to hear and looked their way just in time to make eye contact with them... awkward for all 3 involved.

Second... I always have my HRM on, and it's always sliding down. I pull it up multiple time during my training sessions. Well today, was no different and I was in my zone as usual. I don't pay attention to anyone while I'm there and often look around without noticing I could possibly be looking in a direction of someone else in my line of sight. Part of my ritual after pulling my HRM chest strap back up is pressing the sensors back onto my skin by rubbing both sides simultaneously... at that instant I was staring off into the distance and happened to catch a glimpse of someone and at that very moment she happened to look back. It's already weird when you're not actually staring at someone then you notice you're looking in their general direction and they happen to look back and now you're wondering if they thought you were staring. Now imagine this with the added action of rubbing the contacts under your shirt!!! AWKWARRRDDDDDD!!!!!

So forum... what are your stories???? I know you all have some good ones!

Replies

• donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've almost fallen on the elliptical...a few times. I don't think anyone noticed :embarassed:
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    THANK YOU for that visual and laugh! :laugh:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    There was a person at my gym and we couldn't tell if he/she was male or female. Short hair, pink ballcap, HUGE forearms, but women's shoes.

My friend and I were both checking for junk, but he/she was wearing a long shirt. I think we got caught looking. Humiliating...

(I eventually saw HER leaving the ladies changeroom and solved the mystery)
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    We've all had them! You're lying if you say no! I have two to add to my growing list...

First... I was passing by a trainer and his client, while the trainer was taking his measurements. The Trainer yells out a little too loudly "Ya know, when you drop a dookie you instantly lose 5lbs!!" Of course I happened to hear and looked their way just in time to make eye contact with them... awkward for all 3 involved.

Second... I always have my HRM on, and it's always sliding down. I pull it up multiple time during my training sessions. Well today, was no different and I was in my zone as usual. I don't pay attention to anyone while I'm there and often look around without noticing I could possibly be looking in a direction of someone else in my line of sight. Part of my ritual after pulling my HRM chest strap back up is pressing the sensors back onto my skin by rubbing both sides simultaneously... at that instant I was staring off into the distance and happened to catch a glimpse of someone and at that very moment she happened to look back. It's already weird when you're not actually staring at someone then you notice you're looking in their general direction and they happen to look back and now you're wondering if they thought you were staring. Now imagine this with the added action of rubbing the contacts under your shirt!!! AWKWARRRDDDDDD!!!!!

I was once on the treadmill and an older woman (like 60ish) started running beside me... HER BOOB POPPED OUT! Also my HRM is constantly sliding down too. I always wonder what ppl are thinking when I am adjusting it under my shirt. lol.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Someone broke the toilet seat in the bathroom and since I "hover" when I pee -- I misjudged where the seat was and managed to hit my pants. lol. It wasn't my fault that the seat was all jacked up and not even with the bowl. It WAS my fault for being so into the music on my IPod that I didn't notice it before I started to pee.

Thank goodness I had clothes in my car I could change into. Ha.
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    Yoga class....gassy tummy....ab work. :blushing:
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't have on YET....but I loved yours.....funny! :laugh: :laugh:
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    All of these had made me laugh so hard tonight.

I think the most embarrassing thing thats happened to me is not being able to figure out how to use a machine. At the gym i go to they have instructions on the equipment and pictures and what itll work out on your body. I feel like an idiot bc ill sit there look at it n go........i have no idea............and move on to the next, but always check before i move to see if anyones looking at me thinking your an idiot.

and at the old gym i went to my friend went to go get on the treadmill and i had already started walking, she steps on it not realizing that the speed is on ever so slightly. and steps on n flies off the end and falls flat on her face...I almost fell off of mine laughing so hard.
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    I have a good one. One time when I went the the place was packed. I wanted a treadmill, but they were full, so I jumped on an elliptical waiting for one to open. I saw someone getting ready to get off, and a bunch of people eying it, so as soon as they got off, I ran and jumped on. The only problem? The ***** didnt bother to turn off the machine!! The gym was loud and packed, I couldnt hear it, so I jumped on and flew off. I had the choice of making the walk of shame out of the gym or just keep going, so I just kept going. I kept looking for the person who did it (boy did I have words for them) but never saw them reappear. So embarrassing!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Lol, this sounds familiar only for me its while running on the treadmill. And trust me, there is a reason my hubby has nicknamed me "stinky girl",
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    People thinking that I'm staring at them in the mirror when I'm actually just looking at myself!!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Lol, this sounds familiar only for me its while running on the treadmill. And trust me, there is a reason my hubby has nicknamed me "stinky girl",

I consider that a form of extra turbo boost.... but I may be the only one with this frame of mind lol
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My MFP friends have heard this one, but everyone else hasn't.

I have been doing circuit type workouts the past couple weeks- So I am always trying to quickly move to get higher weight,to a different exercise, etc. Well I was doing incline DB chest press, got done with my set so i hopped up real fast to get different weight. Apparently when you start to lose weight and your pants get big- it's a good idea to get smaller pants- or else you end up with no pants. My left pant leg got caught on the bar beneath the bench to move it, so it pulled my pants down on the left side. There are now about 10 of the regulars that could probably pick my left cheek out of a line up... whoops :)
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I was once on the treadmill and an older woman (like 60ish) started running beside me... HER BOOB POPPED OUT! Also my HRM is constantly sliding down too. I always wonder what ppl are thinking when I am adjusting it under my shirt. lol.

hahahaha i love this!!!!!! us women and our free shows...
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm actually going to share this but one time I was at the gym doing yoga and before the next pose I quickly attempted to sneak a sip of water.Something must have gone tragically wrong because when I proceeded to do the downward dog I ended up with this nice little drool hanging down from my mouth! The best part? I was at the front of the friggin class!! So with my head between my legs and drool dangling from my lips it was quite the pretty sight for the people behind me! Come to think of it, that may have been the last yoga class I attended....
  • notapromqueen
    notapromqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My friends and I were walking into the ladies locker room to put out things in a locker when a man walked out of the locker room. We both did a double take, backed out of the locker room slowly to make sure we were walking in the right one... Sure enough, we were right, he was wrong..........

And, I've fallen off the treadmill because I can't take a sip of my water and walk at the same time, apparently.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I can be awkward when I strut out of the shower naked and realise I have company. I should prolly start locking my door..
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options

yeah, no dairy before yoga for me.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I have a good one. One time when I went the the place was packed. I wanted a treadmill, but they were full, so I jumped on an elliptical waiting for one to open. I saw someone getting ready to get off, and a bunch of people eying it, so as soon as they got off, I ran and jumped on. The only problem? The ***** didnt bother to turn off the machine!! The gym was loud and packed, I couldnt hear it, so I jumped on and flew off. I had the choice of making the walk of shame out of the gym or just keep going, so I just kept going. I kept looking for the person who did it (boy did I have words for them) but never saw them reappear. So embarrassing!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • firestarbeauty
    Options
    lol wow! so far nothing has happened to me yet *knocking on wood* thanks for sharing though, I needed a laugh :bigsmile: