people can be cruel!

Options

Replies

• SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Holding your mouth doesnt necessarily make you a nicer person....so if a person fires back with an equal comment does that make them bad...? I dont think so....

However I know what you mean, just dont agree.......

Guess you handled it well, bet she felt a goof!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    should have said, "oh really? *kitten* you very much for your help
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    WOW!!! I hate people like that! Great come back (I may use it once in a while if ya don't mind ;D ) but, wow... yeah. I feel asthough she didn't mean it, but the way she said it was just horrible. My best friend and I were sharing a chair (she is a stick) and I sat down first and then she did. I got up and she said "Nooo I miss my warm cocoon!" Implying I had enough blubber to keep her warm -__-" She didn't mean it in anyway insulting, but it hurt me.
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Some people can be so rude and insensitive. You handled the situation perfectly. I wouldnt waste another minutes thought on her as she doesnt deserve your time or energy :flowerforyou:
  • trisha_moore32
    Options
    It only matters what God saw..and in this case you handled it so well. This is a perfect example of what I try my best to live by. You can not help your emotions but you an chose how your going to react to them. I had a similar experience this weekend in a completely different context but I was in tears...then after crying I prayed and it occured to me that it was a test and it was the devil trying to mess with my soft spots...once I realized that I prayed and I was over it in seconds and today has been a great day..You should be so proud because you won that day even though it hurt your feelings.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Not very nice. Next time speak up for yourself! You don't have to me mean, but don't let people walk all over you either.
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    HA! Good comeback!! I really hate people (hence my username, lol).
  • Ariyasnow1
    Ariyasnow1 Posts: 117
    Options
    You definitely handled it better than I would have! I have a Texas temper like no other. :) I'm sure she thought she was just 'trying to be helpful', but still, some people don't use their friggin brains.
    Keep your chin up! This proves that inner beauty always beats outer beauty. Keep maintaining a healthy and stress free lifestyle and keep staying beautiful and kind no matter what size you are!!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It's human nature to be cruel. Kids aren't raised to be cruel (at least the ones I raised) but they know how to be. But props to you for dealing with it the way you did. Shows me you can handle anything.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we need to let the little devil over our right shoulder speak his mind...and this was certainly a case where the little angel on ya left shoulder probably would have joind in on the cussing.
  • Vicky0192
    Vicky0192 Posts: 3
    Options
    I think your response was amazing... And you are right people can be very cruel and have no class at all. Keep your head up and ignore ignorance...
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we need to let the little devil over our right shoulder speak his mind...and this was certainly a case where the little angel on ya left shoulder probably would have joined in on the cussing.
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    That is awful. I seriously don't know what is wrong with some people. I would've felt devastated. Glad you came back with such a quick response!
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Man, you have a great attitude! She will get hers. Karma baby.
    I'd have said something about childrens being on the other side of the store and why wasn't she over there with that kind of b.s. comment.
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    Maybe she was just trying to be helpful?

I'm sorry, but that is not being helpful. It would be different if she had went up and asked her where the plus size suits are, but just to come up and say that out of the blue is hurtful.
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    I would have followed her, to the restaurant for lunch and paid the server $ 50 bucks to dump a picture of Ice tea on her or something like that.
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    I think you handled this situation beautifully!! I know the initial reaction for me would have been to lash back out at one of her imperfections, but two wrongs don't equal a right. It's insensitive comments like this that make it hard to stay on track and keep working towards our goals, but it is so worth it. Keep up the great work!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was just trying to be helpful?

I'm sorry, but that is not being helpful. It would be different if she had went up and asked her where the plus size suits are, but just to come up and say that out of the blue is hurtful.

Agree. People are sensitive about their size, especially women. Any decent sales clerk would've known better.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    you know everyone here is going to tell you that you handled it well and with grace and yes you did have your son there but DAMN that *****!!

I am not that graceful person and my kids have heard me speak my mind instead of swallow my emotions. I can't afford therapy and neither can they...so....

I know it could get me into trouble but I want them to see their mom is strong and not taking anyone's **** and they shouldn't either. I say this only because my husband is a total door matt and I can't stand that for him.

i know we are all different and I maybe wouldn't have gotten physical, but I would have said, something like "Oh yeah, hot stuff pluss size is over there? Well the you better get on over there and go get one before they sell out....because your fat head and fat mouth will need a triple X!!! but thank's anyway for that totally unwarranted advice"

WAIT!!!! she worked there??????? EVEN better get a manager and have her *kitten* fired!

I have a hormone condition and my forearms are kind of hairy for a girl and the picture taker at SEARS commented like damn you are hairy and my hubby and I were having out engagement picture taken to be in the local paper as a wedding announcement an you better believe I got her manager involved and we got free pictures, she got written up and we got all new shoots with a new photographer and free picts next time we came for other pictures.

MAN you had this dumb chick over a barrel and you really coulod have messed her up and made it a point to have her become a bit more sensitive about her role as a CUSTOMER service person.
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    you know everyone here is going to tell you that you handled it well and with grace and yes you did have your son there but DAMN that *****!!

I am not that graceful person and my kids have heard me speak my mind instead of swallow my emotions. I can't afford therapy and neither can they...so....

I know it could get me into trouble but I want them to see their mom is strong and not taking anyone's **** and they shouldn't either. I say this only because my husband is a total door matt and I can't stand that for him.

i know we are all different and I maybe wouldn't have gotten physical, but I would have said, something like "Oh yeah, hot stuff pluss size is over there? Well the you better get on over there and go get one before they sell out....because your fat head and fat mouth will need a triple X!!! but thank's anyway for that totally unwarranted advice"

LOL :laugh: