people can be cruel!

Options

Replies

• faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was just trying to be helpful?

I'm sorry, but that is not being helpful. It would be different if she had went up and asked her where the plus size suits are, but just to come up and say that out of the blue is hurtful.

Agree. People are sensitive about their size, especially women. Any decent sales clerk would've known better.

very true!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    you know everyone here is going to tell you that you handled it well and with grace and yes you did have your son there but DAMN that *****!!

I am not that graceful person and my kids have heard me speak my mind instead of swallow my emotions. I can't afford therapy and neither can they...so....

I know it could get me into trouble but I want them to see their mom is strong and not taking anyone's **** and they shouldn't either. I say this only because my husband is a total door matt and I can't stand that for him.

i know we are all different and I maybe wouldn't have gotten physical, but I would have said, something like "Oh yeah, hot stuff pluss size is over there? Well the you better get on over there and go get one before they sell out....because your fat head and fat mouth will need a triple X!!! but thank's anyway for that totally unwarranted advice"

LOL I'd have told her that the "rude salseb***h section is in the basement.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You handled it much better than I would....because she would definitely have received a roundhouse kick to the face from me.

Don't let what she said bother you- YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. If anything, use her words as motivation. Keep your chin up!
  • tubbstattsyrup
    tubbstattsyrup Posts: 89 Member
    Options

This maybe true as some people don't see being a person with a few extra pounds on as an offensive issue.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    That chick should have received a solid "**** punt"

See you next tuesday..
  • faithNlove212
    Options

This maybe true as some people don't see being a person with a few extra pounds on as an offensive issue.

if it was helpeful she wouldnt have had a disgusted look on her face and stood with her hand on her hip like she was all that :mad:
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You should have told her "and the Men's department is in that corner..oohh, I'm sorry, I saw the 5 o'clock shadow and assumed! My bad!"
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Wow, you handled that way better than I would have lol! The nerve of some people!
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    way to go if i was you i have very lil tolerance i would of flew off the handel.....great job handelin the situation...
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    You should have told her "and the Men's department is in that corner..oohh, I'm sorry, I saw the 5 o'clock shadow and assumed! My bad!"

hehe
  • tubbstattsyrup
    tubbstattsyrup Posts: 89 Member
    Options

if it was helpeful she wouldnt have had a disgusted look on her face and stood with her hand on her hip like she was all that :mad:

There's nothing offensive about saying plus size. Now if she had said get to the fatties section that would be different.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options

There's nothing offensive about saying plus size. Now if she had said get to the fatties section that would be different.

A lot of people would have been offended, including OP. If you wouldn't have been offended, then that's your opinion.
  • Danthewatcher
    Options
    I'm just glad no one has shot this lady yet.
    People grow up differently whith varied beliefs and value systems.

Many variables to consider before being able to determine what her intention was.
    Age for instance...
    We all know the 50's were quite different and people where more than beyond willing to help each other out in these types of circumstances.
    Not everybody grows into the new social protocol from decade to decade.

Just sayin' we are all guilty of being rude, mean and unaware of the consequences of our words.
    I'm sure if she were to be made aware of the consequences of her words, if she knew she was going to possibly be wolfpacked into the beyond, she'd have a different outlook. I say we interview the lady!

Good for you in how you gave her the benefit of the doubt and edged in a response you were proud of.
    Some folks are clearly not quite as forgiving...
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I was looking at all the womans bathing suits, they were all together no matter the size. Some woman came up to me & says "plus size is on the other side of the store" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Inside I was crying but outside I was furious! I wanted to open my mouth but I know that im better then that. So I bit my tongue, looked at her & said "oh really? thanks! my boobs are huge, plus size is probably best" and I walked away like nothing :bigsmile:

You must be kidding me! I want to smack her in the face for you!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    :explode: What a Bitc*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:explode:
  • faithNlove212
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments :flowerforyou:
  • Emilou9
    Emilou9 Posts: 44
    Options
    I had a very similar situation happen to me about 4 years ago. I went into a store and was looking at their suits. The teeny bopper that worked there came over to me, looked me up and down and told me they don't carry bathing suits in my size. I was sooo mad! I only wore a size 8 at the time! I told her I found some in my size but her attitude made me change my mind. The nerve of some people!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    She was a sales woman? I'd have got her *kitten* fired.
  • faithNlove212
    Options
    She was a sales woman? I'd have got her *kitten* fired.

I dont think she was. It was at Walmart and they usually wear blue shirts with name badges, this woman had on a summer dress
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Just remember, you can lose weight. She will always be a rude B^$ch!:devil: