What book are you reading?

Options
Carol_s
Carol_s Posts: 73
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what book you're reading at the moment and would you recommend it? I love reading, and would really like some suggestions of what to read next.

Thanks in advance :smile:

P.s. I'm reading The Distant Hours by Kate Morton - I haven't read enough of it yet to know whether I'd recommend it though.

Replies

• doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    The Purpose Driven Life
    -best book I've ever read.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I' m reading two books. First, The Intention Experiment. Highly recommend it. Quick reading and is basically about how we can use positive thinking to perhaps make the world a better place - with some scientific proof. Of course there's some proof for just about everything....But I like the thought behind it.

The second is the third book of a triology called "Eagle Sage" which isn't my normal cup of tea. It is a fantasy book series that my hubby had laying around and I was bored so I read book one. It was good enough I had to actually buy book 3 b/c my husband didn't have it and I wanted to see what happened.

Enjoy!
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oh...good topic, I am in need of some new material as well. I am currently re-reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon for the second time...so I would definitely recommend that series. Its got drama, romance, action and a great sense of humor. Plus, you get to learn a little bit of Scottish and American history :bigsmile:
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Stephen King -Under the Dome--- very interesting on many levels.
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    I just finished the third book in 'The Mortal Instruments' series :D
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a Jodi Piccoult called "Change of Heart". If you like Jodi Piccoult it is a good one. I have alternately loved and hated her novels, but I keep reading them, they are provacative anyway! BTW, I loved Sister's Keeper but hated Salem Falls, for example. I never know til the end, I get angry when she brings up something and doesn't resolve it!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Cannonball! World's Greatest Outlaw Road Race by Brock Yates

I don't recommend it.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Love the topic of books. :)

I have to say it really depends on what genre of books you like to read. I have so many favorites but I wouldn't know which to recommend.

I love fiction writers Cormic McCarthy. Denis Lehane. Richard Matheson.
    I also LOVE non-fiction books like true crime, history and biographies.
    I have read some really affecting non-fiction books that will stay with me forever. Many of the books I like are not for everyone. Definitely not for the faint of heart. lol :)

Some fiction books I read recently were Water For Elephants, The Road, Gone Baby Gone and Breaking Dawn (one I wouldn't normally have read, but it was free for my kindle). Aside from the fact the writing style of Stephanie Meyer is not what I am used to, I REALLY enjoyed Breaking Dawn. I recommend all of those.

:)
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1) California Girl by T. Jefferson Parker
    2) The New Rules of Lifting
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    just finished book 9 in the sookie stackhouse series - about to order book 10 for tonight... but I still have SOO many books I've bought that I need to read :D
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Just finished Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich. Love anything by her. Now I'm reading A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron. Just started it last night, but so far, so good. Getting good reviews... (which doesn't really mean anything...! )
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Ellen Hopkins: Fallout.

I would recommend ANY of her books.
    They're amazing. <3
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Just finished "same kind of different as me" by Ron Hall & Denver Moore...liked it so much I ordered their other book "What differece do it make?" Wonderful true story of growning in the South.
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A Game of Thrones. Close to being done, so I'll soon be on the next one in the series, A Clash of Kings.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    WWW.JENNSYLVANIA.COM

Jen Lancaster:

she's got a bunch of excellent memoirs, a fiction book & always has a ton of recommendations if her own books are not your cup of tea.
  • peejie
    peejie Posts: 43
    Options
    I am reading "A Clash of Kings" by George R.R. Martin, which is part of the A Song of Fire and Ice series. It's the series of books that inspired the Game of Thrones HBO series. I like them, but I wouldn't recommend them unless you like fantasy. I am a bit of a sci-fi and fantasy fanatic.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I just re-read The Green Mile, by Steven King.
    One of my favorite books is Mama Day, by Gloria Naylor. I seriously can't recommend this book highly enough. I also can't explain what it's about. You just have to read it. Seriously.
    I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire again, just 'cause it's my favorite in the series. :)
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a Jodi Piccoult called "Change of Heart". If you like Jodi Piccoult it is a good one. I have alternately loved and hated her novels, but I keep reading them, they are provacative anyway! BTW, I loved Sister's Keeper but hated Salem Falls, for example. I never know til the end, I get angry when she brings up something and doesn't resolve it!

I'm with you! I find her books to all have the basic story line, but I read them anyway! lol I thought House Rules was kinda irratating, why didn't they just ASK the kid??? lol
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I am reading Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin. I like to read books before I see the movie version, but if you like cute love stories, I like this one so far.
  • Renonvme
    Renonvme Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just finished 'Between, Georgia' by Joshilyn Jackson. Reading 'Soul Pancake' next.