Whats your oupinion on National Don't wear a Bra Day?

Options
1234lbsgone
1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
Check out this Faebook event I spotted on a friends page......

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183929354980205

I get that it's for breast cancer, but really? Can't we just wear pink?

The following quote from the page makes me crack up and cringe at the same time:
"Your breasts might be colossal, adorable, miniature, full, jiggly, fancy, sensitive, glistening, bouncy, smooth, tender, still blossoming, rosy, plump, fun, silky, Jello-like, fierce, jolly, nice, naughty, cuddly… But the most used adjectives to describe your breasts on July 9th should be joyous, wild, and spectacular."

Ummmm.... "Wild"???..... Please be careful what you ask for....

And the PS:
"P.S. Ladies…. Wearing a white t-shirt on this day is not only acceptable, but encouraged!"

Oh dear lord, PLEASE be careful what you ask for!

I'm not really against it, I just don't get the infatuation with "letting them hang out" for cancer awareness. On a daily basis I have to look away from women who are dressed inappropriately, please don't invite them to take off their bras and don a white t-shirt too! LMAO!!!

But seriously, is this going a little too far? This day we will be flinging our boobs around and the next day we will be complaining that men are staring at our boobs and it's harassment. Is it ok just because its for cancer? I don't want cancer, but I don't want to publicize my boobs either. Boobs are great and all, I :heart: mine, but I just don't get this type of "awareness". I'm just saying....

Whats your opinion on it? Just to clarrify, I'm not all "OMG, this is oppressive to women." I'm more on the fence of, "This is freaking hilarious and retarded at the same time, but if you wanna flaunt it, don't point it at me.":laugh:

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I fully support it...so to speak.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i think i will stick to wearing pink. i dont think ANYBODY would be too happy about me not wearing my bra! lol. breast fed two kids! that speaks for itself! LOL.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    giggle - sounds like a male initiated activity to me ;-)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I support this day! :drinker:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't be letting my boobs free unfortunatly... i don't even like doing it at home, unfortunately children and gravity haven't been kind to my girls.
  • webbed1
    webbed1 Posts: 86
    Options
    Many of you ladies, regardless of what you think of yourselves, well, let;s just say I would be VERY DISTRACTED.
  • Kim_SFB
    Kim_SFB Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I support the idea of many Breast Cancer, but please keep your titties in your bra : P I think it's gross when women do that, it looks slovenly, like they don't care, also plumber's butt & muffin tops, remember I have to ride a bus so thyat means every day I see many fashion no-nos : P
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I like how my boobs looks in a bra. I'm going to raise breast cancer awareness by making my breasts look as amazing as possible!

Maybe it shouldn't be about going braless, but about showing off some lovely cleavage!
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine going out all day with no bra. What if you have to run to catch the bus or something? This could get hazardous to pedestrians.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do this, ever. I'm all for wearing pink and supporting cancer research etc that way but no to the not wearing a bra. I've got so used to wearing one all the time that I feel very uncomfortable and weird without one.
    I also don't want the general public seeing more than they or I would like haha
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    "But seriously, is this going a little too far? This day we will be flinging our boobs around and the next day we will be complaining that men are staring at our boobs and it's harassment. "

I'm not sure I have an opinion on the whole event, I just wanted to point out that even if women fling their boobs about, they can still complain about being harassed. A woman should never be harassed, no matter what she is wearing. Sorry if this comes off as pushy, it's just something that's very important to me!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

"Your breasts might be colossal, adorable, miniature, full, jiggly, fancy, sensitive, glistening, bouncy, smooth, tender, still blossoming, rosy, plump, fun, silky, Jello-like, fierce, jolly, nice, naughty, cuddly… But the most used adjectives to describe your breasts on July 9th should be joyous, wild, and spectacular."

Let's leave my breasts out of this please. On 9th July I shall be wearing a bra just like any other day
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    giggle - sounds like a male initiated activity to me ;-)

I agree

I'll stick to wearing pink.
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me not wearing a bra is my own "Global Warming" crisis, if you get my drift! To quote my mother "If you can hold a pencil beneath your breasts, you need to wear a bra." Royal typewriter anyone? 'nough said.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My thoughts - Ouch!

I hate being bra free...I even sleep in bralets
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The Feminists Movement is very upset with the way this thread is turning out.
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    i wouldn't be letting my boobs free unfortunatly... i don't even like doing it at home, unfortunately children and gravity haven't been kind to my girls.

ditto!!!!!
  • nykodimus
    nykodimus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    that it's "unsupportive" :tongue:
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I think it is a good idea. Part of the reason breast cancer has been such a problem is because women's bodies have been taboo. We are supposed to cover up and not discuss our bodies or our medical problems. Of course things are changing now and people are becoming more vocal about medical issues but the whole point of going without a bra is to show that we are not going to hide and be afraid anymore. We as women have the right to care about our breasts and get them out there. In my opinion, if it raises awareness then it must not be all bad. I hope the wear a white t-shirt thing was a joke though. I just hope this day inspires at least some women to feel better and care more about thier boobies =) Honestly, is this any different than naked models trying to raise awareness about PETA?

I say if you wanna let them fly free then do it! Just don't be surprised when you get stares?
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhh people would get hurt if I didn't wear one. I wear one to bed :laugh: