Whats your oupinion on National Don't wear a Bra Day?

Options

Replies

• megala65
    megala65 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Uh, that would be a big N-O from me on that one! Me and my National Geographic boobs would scare people away!

Mine too sista! I think that only A cups can get away with it attractively.
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have no qualms over this at all. A woman's breasts, or just body in general, has been seen (and still is seen today in other countries) as something unnatural and meant to be covered up. I'm not particularly keen on the white t-shirt idea (I'm hoping it was a joke), but I have no issue about not wearing a bra in public.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If we can do this.....why not Nation ED day.....erectial dysfunction day.....let it all hang out.....nah.....no one would have an issue with that now would they!!!!!! Big ones, small ones...thick ones, thin ones......I don't know who comes up with all these different ways to show support for cancer........if commando boobs in white tees is the only way to raise funds and awareness I think its time to hire a new PR team.

Oh lawdy! I will stay home on ED day with the blinds closed!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Is there a prostate cancer awareness day? I hope not....
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I hate hate hate going without a bra,I will just dye my hair pink or something.I cannot stand the feeling of no support.If I were to do it someone would have to walk around behind me holding them
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    If I were to do it someone would have to walk around behind me holding them
    flowers.gif
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to Prostate Cancer Awareness Day. :drinker:

LMAO
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i will most likely be wearing a bra, and most likely be wearing black.

I dont think this will affect cancer rates whatsoever
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Oh for cryin out loud, I spelled opinion *oupinion* in the title.
    I figured that's the way the English spelled it.
    oi BJ, back to the insult thread with you :P
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

I'm in full support of this, in fact it's such a good idea I vote we do it once a month,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WHO'S WITH ME!!!!
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    no, i won't be spending a day seriously uncomfortable in the hope that passers by see my jiggling GGs and think 'hey, breast cancer sucks' rather than 'she should really put a bra on, she'll do herself a mischief'.

i really don't think the problem with breast cancer is that women's bodies are taboo (hardly! everywhere you look there's a woman in her smalls advertising something/herself) or that people don't know that untethered boobs can be uncomfortable. i find it all very strange, the haha facebook status updates that 'us girls' can't tell the 'boys' about and make where you keep your handbag sound sex related, and now visible nipples is how we're supposed to prevent deaths from cancer. :noway:
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I im all for this. In fact, this should be a weekly event.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to Prostate Cancer Awareness Day. :drinker:
    I'll purchase crotchless undies just for you

Dreams DO come true.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

I'm in full support of this, in fact it's such a good idea I vote we do it once a month,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WHO'S WITH ME!!!!

Yeah! Show us your boobs, Freerange!
    Can't wait to see all the men's boobies! Yeehaw! :drinker:

one way to get me to stop eating :laugh:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I'll keep going bra-less for at home only... :)
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    "But seriously, is this going a little too far? This day we will be flinging our boobs around and the next day we will be complaining that men are staring at our boobs and it's harassment. "

I'm not sure I have an opinion on the whole event, I just wanted to point out that even if women fling their boobs about, they can still complain about being harassed. A woman should never be harassed, no matter what she is wearing. Sorry if this comes off as pushy, it's just something that's very important to me!

i personally think that the way a woman dresses is how people will treat her..its WRONG but its true, do a test yourself: wear a slutty outfit and go out.. you will get no respect and much unwanted attention.. go to the same location whether it being a bank, grocery store, college, mall.. etc... but dress in conservative clothing, nothing revealing and you will get the opposite... you will be respected, not looked down on and i can guarantee you, no body will "stare" at your chest if you dont reveal it... thats my opinion and like i said, its WRONG but its true...

Hey, when you have a moment, I think it would be a good idea to read the stories on this website, which shows quite clearly that (a) women can be harrassed, assaulted or raped in any clothing and (b) they should never take the blame for any sexual harrassment, assault or rape under any circumstances - no means no.

http://slutmeansspeakup.org.uk/

It's a bit off-topic but will probably be good for you to read around on the subject.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

ETA: I realise you could fully agree with me & still write the same reply... this is more directed at anyone who disagrees with the person in the most inner quote box.
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Not my thing but if I was 20 again with cute little perky ones.... I might reconsider! Pink is just as positive and recognizable.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Sunday is always no-bra day for me! Well, after my run when I've peeled my sports bra off. Oh the relief! :laugh:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    uh yeah - my ladies will be looking fierce in a BRA that day just as they are everyday. Maybe Ill spruce them up with a push up or something.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I thought we were here for support! :)