How is it possible to lose 25 - 50 lbs in 2 weeks?

Options
I've heard A LOT of people say that they did a kind of diet or whatever and lost about 25 - 50 pounds in just 2 weeks!
What are those diets?
Has anyone experienced this? If so, were able to keep it off?

Thanks!

Replies

• TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    sounds like a starvation diet like the hcg diet
  • chaimtime
    chaimtime Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First that is a crash diet, probably drinking nothing but water, which is unhealthy, unsafe, and dangerous.

Remember 1lb of fat is 3500 calories, so 25lbs is 87,500 calories. If you burn 2,000 calories in a day that is 45 days at the least.

You may lose a big number your first week based on water weight.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It would be a terrible strain on your body and its organs to lose that much weight that quickly. Without surgery, I doubt it is possible.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who lost 180 pounds in a month!! She got a divorce. That's about the ONLY way to lose that much weight so quickly.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    IF anybody did this, the first time they ate or drank anything 'normal' i think it would all go right back on!!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Decapitation... Sure fire way to lose at least 8 lbs instantly. :noway:
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I had a friend who lost 180 pounds in a month!! She got a divorce. That's about the ONLY way to lose that much weight so quickly.
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of any diet extreme or otherwise that had anyone losing 25-50 lbs in 2 weeks. All I can say is that it is pretty much a guarantee that most of that was water weight as the caloric deficit needed to lose that much weight as fat is astounding.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    Decapitation... Sure fire way to lose at least 8 lbs instantly. :noway:

You beat me to it! (I was going to suggest amputating an arm/leg.) :smile:
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Yeah, except even a DIVORCE doesn't work that quickly! lol Good one, though!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options

tee hee that is about the only safe way to lose that much-

now I have seen some seriously obese people--I am talking 500 pounds plus who can lose 25 + pounds in a few weeks- but they have seriously dropped their cal intake from 7 or 8K a day to 1500 and lose a lot of water, but that only lasts a couple of weeks. Then they go back to normal wt loss. unless you have several hundred pounds to lose- dont ever even give a second thought to that kind of wt loss.
  • blablues
    blablues Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Biggest loser - Most Weight Lost in a Week (Male) Moses Kinikini (Couples 4 Week 1) 41 lbs
    Most Weight Lost in a Week (Female)[**] Patti Anderson (Couples 3 Week 1) 23 lbs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Loser_(U.S._TV_series)

So...be male, extremely obese, get on a TV show and do nothing but diet and exercise for a week. And note that was week one - it seems like you often lose the most the first week you start a diet.
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I lost just over 10 pounds in my first week - but I think it is 100% fair to say that it was a combination of water weight and dropping the soda (I was drinking 6-8 sodas a day and quit cold turkey). I also cut out a ton of sodium and other water retaining food items.

Since then, I've been averaging a more likely (and safer) 1.5-2 pounds a week.

I know that one of our local "Medical Weight Loss" clinics says you can lose up to 10 pounds a week on the HCG diet, but that is a 500-600 calorie restricted diet (I won't even bother with the HCG as I'm not sure that does a whole lot). You are also seriously restricted on what you are allowed to eat in that 500-600 calories, and you aren't allowed to do much exercise (according to their brochure). I'm not saying it does or doesn't work - I've had friends who have dropped 20-30 pounds off using it. Some have kept it off, most haven't. But to me it sounds like starvation.
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Not even falling in love would make me lose weight that fast.

Sounds like an enormous burden...and I guarantee it wouldn't stay off. I've been on ALL of the diets and drugs in the 80's and 90's. No, I never learned. Tried them all.
    I've been 127 pounds and I've been 281 pounds. I'm back to say the ONLY way is the old fashioned way.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    LMAO decapitation or divorce, losing a limb!! Those all came to my mind too! But to answer the OP seriously that kind of wieght loss is not possible and if someone did close to that it was very unhealthy and certainly not permanent. I have a co-worker that did the HCG (or whatever, get hormone shot and eat next to nothing for 5 weeks)... she lost 20 pounds, got quite ill, gained it all back plus some and now she has some mysterious joint / nerve pain they can't diagnose (NOT saying it's related, they just don't know what's wrong with her)
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    whatever it was it probably wasn't safe....
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    I've heard A LOT of people say that they did a kind of diet or whatever and lost about 25 - 50 pounds in just 2 weeks!
    What are those diets?
    Has anyone experienced this? If so, were able to keep it off?

Thanks!

Become a captive of Jillian Michaels?>>>
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    There's someone on here who has lost 35lbs in the last month by low carbing. It's definitely not a crash diet, I've seen her diary.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    HA @ The divorce joke! Classic!

25-50 pounds in 2 weeks? UNHEARD OF!
This discussion has been closed.