How is it possible to lose 25 - 50 lbs in 2 weeks?

Options

Replies

• aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    LMAO at the divorce joke. Just look at how many of the Biggest Loser people gain their weight back!! Not even possible!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Can you imagine how mush hormones and pesticides it would relase in the blood stream to lose that much fat? Anyone would feel horrible!!!
  • donaldwms
    donaldwms Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Let's consider the lower end (i.e., loosing 25 lbs in 2 weeks). This simply works out to 12.5 lbs/week, which many athletes do on a normal basis when returning from off-season. It's not about starvation either. It's more so about HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), multiple workout sessions (2-a-day+) and restricting calories below 1,500 (more or less, this really depends on the person). Now a key is having enough BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acids) in the system to keep the body in a fat burning mode. The BCAAs can derive from Whey protein, for example, but vegetarian sources are likely better for rapid fat matabolism. The timing of feeding the body BCAAs (i.e., protein) is essential also, as to burn fat and not matabolize muscle.

Now, as you move toward, say, loosing 50 lbs in 2 weeks... well... that gets a bit more extreme, but not impossible for people with significant subcutaneous fat, which may be a bit easier to burn off than visceral fat...

Anyway, just some thoughts about the 12.5 lbs/week not being all that outrageous.
    -DCW
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who lost 180 pounds in a month!! She got a divorce. That's about the ONLY way to lose that much weight so quickly.
    haha! I was thinking losing a limb or something, but this works ;-)
  • princessekrystale
    Options
    Let's consider the lower end (i.e., loosing 25 lbs in 2 weeks). This simply works out to 12.5 lbs/week, which many athletes do on a normal basis when returning from off-season. It's not about starvation either. It's more so about HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), multiple workout sessions (2-a-day+) and restricting calories below 1,500 (more or less, this really depends on the person). Now a key is having enough BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acids) in the system to keep the body in a fat burning mode. The BCAAs can derive from Whey protein, for example, but vegetarian sources are likely better for rapid fat matabolism. The timing of feeding the body BCAAs (i.e., protein) is essential also, as to burn fat and not matabolize muscle.

Now, as you move toward, say, loosing 50 lbs in 2 weeks... well... that gets a bit more extreme, but not impossible for people with significant subcutaneous fat, which may be a bit easier to burn off than visceral fat...

Anyway, just some thoughts about the 12.5 lbs/week not being all that outrageous.
    -DCW

Much Helpful.
    Thanks!!!
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Mmmm I bet the skin just looks fantastic after loosing it that fast!! ..I believe its possible in extremely heavy people who crash it for a few weeks...but...Yikes..not safe
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i never heard of such thing..

the only thing i can think of is water weight. but then it will go back to normal to losing 1 to 2 lbs a week...
  • beernutz
    beernutz Posts: 136
    Options
    That is called the amputation diet. It is popular is some third world countries.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    If I cut off my left arm, how much weight do you guys think I'll lose?
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Die.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I lost just over 10 pounds in my first week - but I think it is 100% fair to say that it was a combination of water weight and dropping the soda (I was drinking 6-8 sodas a day and quit cold turkey). I also cut out a ton of sodium and other water retaining food items.

Since then, I've been averaging a more likely (and safer) 1.5-2 pounds a week.

Sounds like me. I lost about 14 my first 2 weeks. But that was water weight and no more soda as well. Plus I went from *probably* 3000 calories a day to 1900 a day. So that's probably why. I also have been steady about 1-2 pounds a week since then. I've never lost more then 2 and I'm fine with that. I have been told more then 2 is unhealthy
  • orlandogirl97
    orlandogirl97 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    deadly virus-->intensive care-->almost die-->lose 50 pounds in 2 weeks

no thank you
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The most I've lost in a week is about 10lb. And I'm still paying for it.

Last week of a contest I only ate some vegetables a day for a whole week.
    As soon as I got of of the diet I gained back 6lb,.. and the scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks.

So,.. If I had stayed with my regular diet I would have lost 8lb at 2lb a week and not regained anything.
    Making my total loss 4lb less than I could have lost if I hadn't done the crazy diet stint of a week.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Did you know that gullible isn't even a real word?

Seriously! Google it!
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Biggest loser - Most Weight Lost in a Week (Male) Moses Kinikini (Couples 4 Week 1) 41 lbs
    Most Weight Lost in a Week (Female)[**] Patti Anderson (Couples 3 Week 1) 23 lbs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Loser_(U.S._TV_series)

So...be male, extremely obese, get on a TV show and do nothing but diet and exercise for a week. And note that was week one - it seems like you often lose the most the first week you start a diet.
    It's my understanding that some of those "weeks" were closer to 2 weeks. Even so, that's a ton of weight to lose in either one OR two weeks.
  • EthanTheBrave
    EthanTheBrave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've heard A LOT of people say that they did a kind of diet or whatever and lost about 25 - 50 pounds in just 2 weeks!
    What are those diets?
    Has anyone experienced this? If so, were able to keep it off?

Thanks!

I mean, if you lost a limb or two, sure.

Otherwise no. No one should ever lose that much in as little as two weeks. If you do it's definitely not healthy and you'll just gain a large portion of it back. I lost a ton all at once because of a weeklong hiking trip and i actually have strech-marks because of how quickly and how hard i bloated back up afterwards.
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've only been logging for 25 days, and i am down 17 pounds. I wasn't even extremely overweight to start with, i weighed 208 at 6'. All i did so far is cut my caloried back to around 1700 or so, do about 30 minutes of cardio a day, and don't eat back my exercise calories. Admittedly, i lost about 10 pounds in 1 week, so a lot of it was just initial shock and water weight. Since then it has been 7 pounds in 3 weeks.

I suppose you could just starve yourself for a month and start a crazy exercise routine that could just cause all sorts of crazy things to happen in your body, and then 25-50 pounds wouldn't be terrible surprising. But two weeks? They are either lying about it, or have done something crazy extreme that should never be done.
  • jlchandl17
    jlchandl17 Posts: 27
    Options
    I lost probably 25lbs in a week or two by giving birth.

Do that - get knocked up - then give birth. BAM 25lbs gone.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in two weeks this time last year. On Aug 2nd I weighed in at a staggering 240ish. By the 14th of August, I was close to 200 lbs.

As far as keeping it off - I mean, I still have to carry about 25 pounds around but as soon as he learns to walk, I won't have to carry him so much.

ETA - DARN you poster above for beating me to a baby comment ;)
  • jlchandl17
    jlchandl17 Posts: 27
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in two weeks this time last year. On Aug 2nd I weighed in at a staggering 240ish. By the 14th of August, I was close to 200 lbs.

As far as keeping it off - I mean, I still have to carry about 25 pounds around but as soon as he learns to walk, I won't have to carry him so much.

ETA - DARN you poster above for beating me to a baby comment ;)

Great minds thinks alike!
This discussion has been closed.