30 Day Shred Starting Monday June 20th

Options

Replies

• vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 Done this morning..... Now more Cardio later today. Good Morning Everyone!
  • vetsnatural
    Options
    So yesterday was supposed to be my day 2 but due to "stuff" i couldn't get a workout in before hubby came home. I did convince him to go for a walk though and we did a pretty brisk one for 1/2 hour so I guess that made up for it a little.

Today is supposed to be day 3 and again I won't be able to do it because of personal commitments tonight...am i subconsciously sabotaging myself???? <<UGH>> I just want to do this!

Maybe I'll try to wake up early tomorrow morning to do it...who else here does it in the AM?

It is only 30 minutes long. This is how we get off track. We will take 30 minutes to watch tv, shop, get nails done, etc.... but we need to take 30 minutes and work on our health and fitness. We have to prioritize this. Good Luck and try to get you 30DS in!
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So, am I the only one who is having bad muscle soreness? I gave myself some rest yesterday (supposed to be day 2 for me), and my muscles are still sore! Thighs, calves, arms, stomach, glutes... pretty much every part of my body. I know it just takes a while to get used to the workout but is anyone else having these pains? Are you just pushing through it and continuing on or taking rest days? I feel like such a bum but I don't want to hurt myself :-(
  • vetsnatural
    Options
    So, am I the only one who is having bad muscle soreness? I gave myself some rest yesterday (supposed to be day 2 for me), and my muscles are still sore! Thighs, calves, arms, stomach, glutes... pretty much every part of my body. I know it just takes a while to get used to the workout but is anyone else having these pains? Are you just pushing through it and continuing on or taking rest days? I feel like such a bum but I don't want to hurt myself :-(

I push through it but don't experience much soreness at all. However, I have been walking very briskly since April at least 5-6 miles a day and doing ab work and I am a bowler. Thigh muscles and at least one arm gets a good work out. Also I have pretty decent muscle mass, even with the extra fat I am carrying.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was supposed to be my day 2 but due to "stuff" i couldn't get a workout in before hubby came home. I did convince him to go for a walk though and we did a pretty brisk one for 1/2 hour so I guess that made up for it a little.

Today is supposed to be day 3 and again I won't be able to do it because of personal commitments tonight...am i subconsciously sabotaging myself???? <<UGH>> I just want to do this!

Maybe I'll try to wake up early tomorrow morning to do it...who else here does it in the AM?

It is only 30 minutes long. This is how we get off track. We will take 30 minutes to watch tv, shop, get nails done, etc.... but we need to take 30 minutes and work on our health and fitness. We have to prioritize this. Good Luck and try to get you 30DS in!

Very well said!!! We can not make excuses any one can find 25min in there day!
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So, yesturday was day 2 level one (wanted to get to it on tuesday, but wasn't able to. :ohwell: ) I feel great. Just a little sore, but nothing like the day after day 1. :grumble: Really looking forward to day 3. It is getting a little easier each time. :bigsmile: Can't wait to take measurements to see the difference.
  • NeNe967
    NeNe967 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this. What is Shred and MFP?
  • reeseykups
    reeseykups Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Currently on day 5 of level 2. I also do additional stuff - Pilates in the morning to start the day with a good stretch and power walking during lunch at work. On the weekends I try to get in at least one 30-40 minute jog.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Going to do day 3 tonight. Did elliptical this morning for 30 mins! Feeling a little sore in my quads but overall good! 2 days down, 28 to go!!!
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options

Very well said!!! We can not make excuses any one can find 25min in there day!

Both of you are sooooo right! Been mentally exhausted for the past couple of days but I'm committed to doing it tonight! Thanks ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Done with day 4! I feel myself getting stronger and I have more endurance already. I need to take measurements because I want to see the change not only in my weight, but in my size. Still hate the squat and press and I still have trouble doing the jumping jack/jumprope combo, but its getting easier!
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done. I hate this but I keep Pushing on!!

I want to know... Does anyone else curse Jillian Like a sailor the whole time or is it just me? :)

MY MIL says every time Jillian says 400 Pound people can do jumping jacks, she says YEAH RIGHT to Jillian.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this. What is Shred and MFP?

Shred- is jillian michaels 30 day shred dvd,
    MFP- is My Fitness Pal
  • ypena78
    Options
    Okay just finished my L1D4, not bad at all. if you stop at day 2 or 3 you will be in for it when you want to get back on track.. I am at day 4 and it is not bad at all, didnt wake up as sore, so I think my body is definiately adapting like jillian says it would. & I feel great... I feel a sense of accomplishment even though I am not completely done with the dvd. I love Jillian..
  • ypena78
    Options
    Day 4 done. I hate this but I keep Pushing on!!

I want to know... Does anyone else curse Jillian Like a sailor the whole time or is it just me? :)

MY MIL says every time Jillian says 400 Pound people can do jumping jacks, she says YEAH RIGHT to Jillian.

HaHa!! you and me both girl. My girls are like" mom it doesnt look that bad" so I told her then why dont you try it. my daughter is skinny & a little fit, and she couldnt finish the workout. then I said Ha I can do something you cant do....
  • ypena78
    Options

BUMP..Right on girl

• Mveler
    Options
    Ha!! you and me both girl. My girls are like" mom it doesnt look that bad" so I told her then why dont you try it. my daughter is skinny & a little fit, and she couldnt finish the workout. then I said Ha I can do something you cant do....

My youngest son is 14 and tall slim and athletic. He said mom your doing this wrong mom your doing that wrong.. So I fixed and kept on moving. Then I said you try it.. He said NO WAY LOL

Mom can handle something his lil butt can't
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think I need to do this a bit more spread out, My knees are not taking the bashing very well, and seem to need 2 days recovery in between.

So I am sorry to say, I will continue with the 30DS, but will do it at my pace. I don't want to risk an injury that puts me off my feet.
  • Mveler
    Options
    I think I need to do this a bit more spread out, My knees are not taking the bashing very well, and seem to need 2 days recovery in between.

So I am sorry to say, I will continue with the 30DS, but will do it at my pace. I don't want to risk an injury that puts me off my feet.

Understandable. But also be sure you are doing them right! I was doing them wrong and they were effecting my knees.. Now not so much. Pay attention to their technique. Best of luck
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I very much agree about the technique. my knees were getting hammered. Slowed it down and made sure my form was good, much better now!