Mom of two, breastfeeding, how to lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• twojurfin
    twojurfin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 1/2 month old (both boys)... I lost all of my weight and then some from the first baby and now I can't lose anything with this one!! I have 45 lbs to go to get back to my "normal" weight and I can't even lose ONE pound!! I'm nursing, so I'm not trying to do anything too crazy, but I can't stand being this big still! I look more pregnant than my friends that are 6 and 7 months pregnant!! I've been working my butt off at the gym and eating healthier than ever and NOTHING! Has anyone else had the "second child syndrome" I keep hearing about?? LOL

I KNOW, RIGHT?!! I started to loose my weight last year. Did really good and lost 60 lbs whoo-hoo- which is why I ended up pregnant- my husband couldn't keep his dang hands off me!!! LOL. So I took it easy during the pregnancy- but now I want to loose it again. I have tried lots of different things that won't also jeopardize my milk supply- but nothing. Not even one single pound!! It is so frustrating that I am almost ready just to give up!
  • mmel1109
    mmel1109 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am ready to call it quits as well, but hang in there - WE CAN DO THIS!!! Apparently after your baby hits the 6month mark, the weight "falls off" - I'll believe it when I see it - but I am staying hopeful.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    First off, Congratulations!

I would suggest waiting to start WW until about the 3 month because by then your milk supply is established and Bf'ing also gets easier by that point too. Pumping is good but it not as efficient as the baby. Also pumping will also lead you to produce more milk which is good for storage and for bottles. When I was nursing I really didn't the weight loss take effect until he was about 9 months old. I also had to be careful when I worked out and sweated cause I would end up with mastitis which is not the deal.

What it boils down to is that you just have to listen to your body and baby to figure out what works for you both. :smile:

Thank you
    Well I decided I am gonna wait on WW. I am getting the hang of counting my calories, and I need to save some money. There r a lot of great tools on the internet, and I think I will do fine. If in a few months I do not see resuts on my own I will look into.
    Thanks for the advice

To the new mama's like me we can do. Lets just take one day at a time, and use MFP for what it is, there is alot of support here, It helps me because I am at home all day with the kiddos and I do not get much adult convo so this helps me through this weightloss process. My husband is supportive in every way but he can't really understand my body issues, he is so slim and fit so he helps with the healthy part, but I do not like complaining to him about how I do not like my body.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm a mama of 4, including twins, and I just want to remind you all it took 9 months to put the weight on, so taking 9 to 12 months to lose it is normal! That being said, I was at my highest weight ever when I got pregnant with #4 and between MFP and nursing her, it's coming off almost as well as it did when I was nursing the twins. :)
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm a mama of 4, including twins, and I just want to remind you all it took 9 months to put the weight on, so taking 9 to 12 months to lose it is normal! That being said, I was at my highest weight ever when I got pregnant with #4 and between MFP and nursing her, it's coming off almost as well as it did when I was nursing the twins. :)
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Its been a few weeks on MFP and 8 weeks post partum. And being on MFP, and truly logging my calories, eating well, exercising and drinking lots of water is working.
    Its slowgoing but I feel great. this process and lifestyle change is helpig not only physically but in many other aspects of my life.
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    a factory.... hahahaha.....

This makes me laugh because I do too!!!
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I KNOW, RIGHT?!! I started to loose my weight last year. Did really good and lost 60 lbs whoo-hoo- which is why I ended up pregnant- my husband couldn't keep his dang hands off me!!! LOL. So I took it easy during the pregnancy- but now I want to loose it again. I have tried lots of different things that won't also jeopardize my milk supply- but nothing. Not even one single pound!! It is so frustrating that I am almost ready just to give up!

HAHAHA!!! my sister always joked to me that as soon as I start losing weight I always end up pregnant, and IT IS SO TRUE... for the same reason! don't give up! I know for me, this site has helped and I also have thyroid problems... they started right after I had my second child. The doctor was SHOCKED because I was so young at the time but the pregnancy hormones got my thyroid totally out of whack and I couldn't lose weight to save my life! Now... if I am taking them regularly, I can lose, but if I don't, it won't matter what I do... the pounds stay. It might be good to have your doctor check your thyroid because like I said, it was right after I had my second that they found it... keep your chin up... and keep plugging away. I am planning on buying a super cute swim suit to keep as motivation for me to fit into this time NEXT YEAR and I am getting an IUD next week, so no matter how HOT i get... I won't have to worry about my hubby's hands :-)