What to eat when you dont have many calories left?

Options
2»

Replies

• mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    egg white omelet or salad.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I work from home a few days a week and those lunch hours are usually spent running my two teenagers here or there so its easy to go thru a drive thru...then immediately after work I am taking them to some appt. or sporting event. I usually dont eat big dinners anyway due to lack of time. So maybe the popcorn on my way out the door will be ok. Also maybe I can get in a short walk around the school during half time or something..worth a shot.

I would also say research some of the fast food places you typically go- most of them have their nutritional information either posted online or even in the restaurant. Familiarize yourself with what you should be eating when you go there- I still love my fast food but I make sure to get maybe a grilled chicken sandwich rather than a cheeseburger! That's where self-control comes in!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I work from home a few days a week and those lunch hours are usually spent running my two teenagers here or there so its easy to go thru a drive thru...then immediately after work I am taking them to some appt. or sporting event. I usually dont eat big dinners anyway due to lack of time. So maybe the popcorn on my way out the door will be ok. Also maybe I can get in a short walk around the school during half time or something..worth a shot.

Pack lunches whenever you can to prevent this from happening again. The temptation to get drive thru will be less when you already have a healthy lunch sitting in front of you! Pack a sandwich, veggies, fruit, crackers, whatever you like and it good for you.

OO that's an even better idea!! :smile:
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It's okay to go over your goal every now and then. It's a goal, not a limit. Just do go over every day.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    When I make that mistake I always eat Mahi-Mahi (80 calories) for dinner with green beans or a slice raw bell pepper. Today I am in the same boat and already planned dinner so that I dont go over. Good Luck
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    when I am out of calories I turn to veggies.
    salad, cucumber, tomato exc.

Have you tried Newmans Own Seseme ginger dressing. . i love love love it!

LOVE that dressing, too! here's my asian chicken salad recipe. i could eat one every day!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/1882800
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of salad greens, toss on a can of tuna packed in water, sprinkle on Mrs. Dash and lemon juice as a dressing.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    A salad on the run isn't so easy... in your position I would throw in a bag of popcorn and grab a greek yogurt and a large bottle of water.