Supplements - Women's Weight Training (Beginnger)

Options
2»

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Agree with the last few posts, plus - everyone should ask themselves do they really need supplements? They are only that, a supplement to an already good diet. If a diet isn't great, swallowing a load of supplements isn't going to fix it. Plus surely you can get protein from scarfing down some lovely lean roast chicken? Far cheaper and much nicer than artificial stuff.

Of course, if you know what you need from a supplement, then look into finding which product provides it at a good price, but I see a lot of people buying supplements when they don't even know what they contain or why they think they need it, they just think "I need a supplement to succeed, which one should I buy" without questioning whether it's necessary or why.
  • jleed53
    jleed53 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Seems everyone has their own opinion! thanks for all the replies here today...lost of great advice. I think for now, I'll stick with my morning womens whole food supplement, and post work shakology drink.....

Thanks everyone :)
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Seems everyone has their own opinion! thanks for all the replies here today...lost of great advice. I think for now, I'll stick with my morning womens whole food supplement, and post work shakology drink.....

you didn't just say shakeology did you?
    that stuff is a joke. talk about a waste of money.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options

you didn't just say shakeology did you?
    that stuff is a joke. talk about a waste of money.

jleed53 you may just want to message thkelly.....
    He seems to know everything. It would probably make this process a whole lot simpler.
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    As people have said, it is ultimately an individual preference and different things work for different people.

I weight train 3 times a week and find a bit of fruit (preferably a banana) about an hour before and a protein shake (Maxitone Definity) straight after works for me to keep energy levels up during training and to help minimise muscle aches the next day. Although if I'm training after work, eating a high protein dinner seems to do the same job and avoids the extra cost of supplements.

Good luck!