I stink!!! wth?!?

Options
Lately i have been smelling like a sweaty man, no offense! lol I have never smelled this way. Of course, this is just after I exercise, not all day. I feel like my insides are decomposing! yuck!

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem too :(
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You are probably sweating out toxins.
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I smell like vitamins when I'm sweating - its so gross.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    what are you eating?
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is what it is, but do you think maybe you're sweating out toxins? Maybe thats what the smell is coming from?
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl, and I noticed that when I leave the gym I have more sweat on my clothes than most of the men there. I've always felt that I sweat a lot. When I lost weight before, I thought I sweat a lot then, now it's worse. :grumble:
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    That is a drag and I had that problem for awhile and deodarant made it worse. I finally found a natural crystal deodarant at a health food store and it helped me not stink. Good luck!
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It's the bacteria! It happens to everybody. You don't just walk out of the gym smelling lovely. There's bacteria all over your body (especially in the dark places... you know what I mean). So when your body heats up and starts perspirating, you're actually making the bacteria on your skin release various aroma's. I wouldn't get hung up on it =]
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    one of my mfp friends had a similar problem something to do with carb intake but can't remember if it was too much or too little, sorry not very helpful
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It's the bacteria! It happens to everybody. You don't just walk out of the gym smelling lovely. There's bacteria all over your body (especially in the dark places... you know what I mean). So when your body heats up and starts perspirating, you're actually making the bacteria on your skin release various aroma's. I wouldn't get hung up on it =]

My bacteria smells like peaches.... =-)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I always smell after a good workout. It tells me I'm doing it right.
  • sandyco
    sandyco Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pushing toxins, that is a good thing. Just drink at least 8 80z water daily more if you exercise for long periods and if it is hot out. If you smelled bad all the time then you may have a problem but since it is only after workouts and sweating I would not worry.
  • mejustmichael
    mejustmichael Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Its a gym...

but yeah... i sweet more then everyone else to... but thats because im working out more then everyone else... there texting or chatting...

Funny thing... I took my manager to the gym with me one day and she noticed i sweat in the shape of a heart on my chest... i look like a F N care bear when im done.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i've found that eating as clean as i can and drinking tons of water makes my sweat not stink... at least i don't smell it. i have also noticed that i sweat like crazy too!! My hair is always soaked when i take it out of the ponytail! this is why i shower everyday after the gym.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Actually the only sweat that smells comes from your groin and armpits because the sweat glands there secrete a different type of perspiration that contains broken down cells from the body. The sweat that you find on your face, or chest or shoulders doesn't have an odor.

If you are experiencing a different odor than before it might have to do with a dietary change, or even an illness. Your body reacts differently from other peoples so you might have to actually experiment for yourself to see which foods make you smell differently.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    if you smell like ammonia.. you have a problem lol
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I sometimes smell a metalic smell. my husband comments on it. Also, something that smells like amonia.... weird.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Ok, is this the first time you have ever worked out, and therefore the first time you ever really sweated like this. Or, are you saying you have worked out in the past but never smelled like this before? If the latter, what are you eating? It probably has something to do with your diet. If the former, it’s normal, just take a shower after you workout it will be ok. :smile:
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options

My bacteria smells like peaches.... =-)
    Yeah, I smell like a bar of dove soap.. I don't know if I like that or not, I prefer shower gel over those bars. =p
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

My husband just told me this last night. My clothes keeps this scent a little even when I wash them is scolding hot water and use fabric softner. He said that its time to replace my workout clothes because the bacteria can get embedded in the fibers of your clothes.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that is dripping wet when they are done exercising and wondering what the hell is that smell!!!