I stink!!! wth?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Funny thing... I took my manager to the gym with me one day and she noticed i sweat in the shape of a heart on my chest... i look like a F N care bear when im done.

LOL, love it!! Didn't the care bears all have cute little names? maybe you need a new nickname!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    dr. oz just did a show about the way your sweat smells! he reccomended to do a shot of wheat grass daily to freshen up the sweat smell!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My husband just told me this last night. My clothes keeps this scent a little even when I wash them is scolding hot water and use fabric softner. He said that its time to replace my workout clothes because the bacteria can get embedded in the fibers of your clothes.

I've been wondering about this as well. I don't usually have a weird or strong smell on me, but my workout clothes started to get funky even after I washed them - I even put them straight into the washer as soon I got home. I just bought some new clothes so it sounds like I did the right thing!
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ahaha I'm sure it's not that bad. Nitrogen-containing compounds make you smell, so it's probably ur protein intake. Sweat doesn't actually smell, but when bacteria nom nom on the stuff in the sweat, they make stinkies. So yeah, s' not ur fault.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    If you used to consume nothing but junk food/fast food and had daily beers and now have changed your diet where your eating whole foods and less of the other stuff. Chances are most likely that your body is sweating out the toxic crap that you consumed, it will get better. If however this is a new smell than what your normal smell is after a work out and months after changing your diet, I would consult with a Dr. Could be more hormonal.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've have been told that if you take an herb called Fenugreek your sweat will smell like maple syrup. I always smell like chlorine....
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Its a gym...

but yeah... i sweet more then everyone else to... but thats because im working out more then everyone else... there texting or chatting...

Funny thing... I took my manager to the gym with me one day and
    she noticed i sweat in the shape of a heart on my chest... i look like a F N care bear when im done.

That's funny! An f n care bear! I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at the visual!
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's the bacteria! It happens to everybody. You don't just walk out of the gym smelling lovely. There's bacteria all over your body (especially in the dark places... you know what I mean). So when your body heats up and starts perspirating, you're actually making the bacteria on your skin release various aroma's. I wouldn't get hung up on it =]

My bacteria smells like peaches.... =-)

o
    ff topic here but is that your before and after pics? you're looking really good.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    omg, I couldn't stop laughing at all the post but thanks for replying!! I have never smelled this bad before, it probably is my new healthy way of eating since I have only been doing it a week now and yes, I know- the dreaded water intake... I'm force feeding myself water right now! lol I new I could count on MFP for smells. Nice to know I'm not the only one who stinks!!! Hopefully this won't last long!
    :heart: , Stinky Jalapenos!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My husband just told me this last night. My clothes keeps this scent a little even when I wash them is scolding hot water and use fabric softner. He said that its time to replace my workout clothes because the bacteria can get embedded in the fibers of your clothes.

I've been wondering about this as well. I don't usually have a weird or strong smell on me, but my workout clothes started to get funky even after I washed them - I even put them straight into the washer as soon I got home. I just bought some new clothes so it sounds like I did the right thing!

When you put your clothes in the wash (if it's not really bad) use your regular detergent then add 1/2 - 1 cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle (depending on how much water you use). Rinse again with just a touch of fabric softener or plain water if you use a dryer sheet. The vinegar kills the bacteria. If it is really bad use 2 cups vinegar and 1 cup baking soda in a wash cycle without detergent and rinse with plain water. Rinse again with fabric softener if you wish. Dry as usual. Works for towels that have been in a gym bag too long also.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

When you put your clothes in the wash (if it's not really bad) use your regular detergent then add 1/2 - 1 cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle (depending on how much water you use). Rinse again with just a touch of fabric softener or plain water if you use a dryer sheet. The vinegar kills the bacteria. If it is really bad use 2 cups vinegar and 1 cup baking soda in a wash cycle without detergent and rinse with plain water. Rinse again with fabric softener if you wish. Dry as usual. Works for towels that have been in a gym bag too long also.

Thank you. I'm going to try this before I go shopping.