What's the story behind your profile picture?

Options

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve 2010. I asked Roy to take my picture because I had the dogs all snuggled up to me and, being blotto on Roy's infamous Snowball cocktails, I thought I'd look okay.... I clearly do NOT!!! This picture was my 'shock to the system' that told me I needed to do something that was long term to halp me get back to how I used to be... I'll get there with MFP, I know I will!!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Mine is from a wedding last weekend. I might have had one or eight cocktails in me.
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    photo of a meal and night out with group of girls in february
  • my3doxiesandme
    Options
    Mine is a rare occaion that all 3 of my dachshunds were laying near each other on the couch.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I was just goofing off with the webcam :)
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Mine is of my husband and I during a night of partying in the garage as we were prone to do a few years back. I was about 20-30 pounds lighter then. I also for some reason had a tan which is a very difficult thing for me to do, I usually just burn and peel. Anyway it's sort of an inspiration for me to be that skinny again.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    My picture was taken by my wife on recent cruise on Queen Elizabeth. I am really proud of it, and of her. We have both been on the MFP journey together and have both lost in excess of 40lbs.
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    Mine was taken at my friends wedding 4 weeks ago. It the most recent picture of me I felt good in that dress.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Mine is my engagement ring and wedding band. I'm getting married in September and this is the only way I get to see my wedding band until then. :)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Mine was taken by a classmate I was in paramedic school with. I'm demonstrating to a group of middle schoolers (not in the pic obviously) how to intubate a child.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    It's my bike :smile:

Simples
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I had pretty long hair. I went for a "summer trim", just enough to pull back in a nice ponytail. The girl put my hair in a ponytail to "measure" it and then cut it off above the rubber band! She then handed me 10 inches that used to be my long hair.

No, I didn't freak, not who I am now. I made it to the back of he store before I broke down and cried. My wonderful hubby showered me with love. I told him I was posting the a pic on Facebook as soon as we got home. That way Iwould have less questions to answer when I saw people at church the next day.

The good news? My ponytail was long enough to send to "Locks of Love".
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Mine is from a wedding last weekend. I might have had one or eight cocktails in me.

:laugh:
  • ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    Options
    Mine is a scene in my backyard yesterday morning. My profile pic changes daily (or more though)
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I was just goofing off with the webcam :)

So are you doing anything tonight? :bigsmile:

Mine is a shirt I found on the internet
  • mamato2babes
    Options
    Mine was taken last weekend just after I completed a Marine 5k Mud Run. I was one happy, muddy girl!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    My pic changes pretty regularly. Currently, It's my favorite hockey player, Tim Thomas. GO BRUINS!!! :drinker:
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Mine was taken in a convenience store bathroom on the way home from my nephew's wedding May 29. I hate shopping since I gained weight, so I ordered this dress to wear to the wedding. When it came in , it wouldn't zip. Everyone said I should send it back and get another, that it must have been sized wrong since both my girls tried it on and it didn't fit them right either. I, being stubborn, decided that a dress would not defeat me. I worked hard and was proudly able to wear it to the wedding. Hubby was supposed to take a NSV pic before we left for the wedding, with my hair and makeup all done. We were running behind and forgot. I danced for hours straight at the reception and looked quite a mess by the time I remembered the picture! I took it myself and am using it to remind me that I can reach my goals if I work hard and stay focused.
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Mine is an inspirational picture of a phoenix. I'm going to have a tattoo of something similar once I've had my hip operation and it's inspiring me to keep on at my weight loss and search for a happier me!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Mine is of me mentally preparing for a 6 mile 12 man outrigger canoe race in Kailua-Kona HI, September 2010. This was the very last, and the most fun, race of the season.

The day prior, I had participated in the 20 mile race from Pu'uhonua a Honaunau to Kailua-Kona in a 6 man, koa wood canoe. Which was probably the closest to a spiritual experiance as I will ever get.