I'm overweight... and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! Congratulations!!
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I admit that I have looked at my BMI many times. I still want to be under the Obese range, but to be "healthy" it would put me at 179lbs and if I did not gain even one more pound of lean mass, that would put me at around 12% body fat. while it might be nice to walk around with a 6 pack again, I think that BMI needs some way to factor in lean mass because it can be a bit depressing if you have a higer lean mass than they use to define "normal".

With that said, I know that at 215lbs I will be out of their Obese range and I will still celebrate that day.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I admit that I have looked at my BMI many times. I still want to be under the Obese range, but to be "healthy" it would put me at 179lbs and if I did not gain even one more pound of lean mass, that would put me at around 12% body fat. while it might be nice to walk around with a 6 pack again, I think that BMI needs some way to factor in lean mass because it can be a bit depressing if you have a higer lean mass than they use to define "normal".

With that said, I know that at 215lbs I will be out of their Obese range and I will still celebrate that day.

Well said. I think at 210 to 215, I will be happy. My BMI may not be realistic for me, but I guess I'll know that when I get closer to it!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!! That is sooo cute! You go girl!!!!
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! you just gave me an excellent idea. I'll make a milestone marker in my journey when I become overweight as well at 191 lbs.

GOOD JOB. keep going.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!