What are your 5 top must have foods

Options

Replies

• meganfox12
    Options
    1) Skim milk, ice, and sugarfree syrup blended
    2) Vita tops. (on vitalicious.com)
    3) apples w/ better n peanutbutter
    4)la tortilla factory high fiber low carb tortillas with turkey, spinach, and spicy mustard
    5)kashi go lean crisp with vanilla danon light and fit yogurt and berries

I hope this helps:)
  • goofynat
    goofynat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WOW thank you you for your responses. It is huge to have these answers at my figure tips to help out what I am struggling... Some ideas I had thought of, and some new ones...so yay for that..

thannks again, Nat :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Nuts or nut butters or soy beans. Just a handful or spoonful can really take the edge off hunger.

1. cocoa roasted almonds
    2. dry roasted edamame
    3. peanut butter
    4. soy nut butter
    5. pistachios (buy in the shell so it take longer to eat them)
  • a5ian_ang3l
    Options
    Lately, it's been the vitatops velvety chocolate muffin. It's so good!! Only 90 calories but has tons of fiber and vitamins/minerals. It has protein too and only 2g of fat. It definitely is perfect for my chocolate craving. If only it wasn't so darn expensive lol

and also, tomato & basil hummus with whole wheat pita bite crackers from traders joe
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    POPCORN!!! Very low in calories and soooo yummy! Fills me up and keeps me full. I spritz on the "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" Spray and 0 calories and I can't resist. :blushing:
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Must Have (healthy):
    -yogurt
    -oatmeal
    -strawberries
    -almonds
    -spinach

Must Have (NOT-so-healthy but can't manage to stay away long enough):
    -Baked cheetos!
    -coffee
    -gummy bears
    -wine
    -cookies
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    green tea
    popcorn
    yogurt
    salmon
    herbal tea
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese
    Shellfish of some sort
    Eggs
    Lettuce, lettuce, and more lettuce
    Cucumbers or Avocados (tough choice there)

edit: just saw that the original poster asked for non-fruits/vegs... I'd have to replace lettuce with salmon, and replace cucumbers/avos with Atkins peanut butter chocolate bars :)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites:
    Edamame (the soybeans in the pod) - there's a frozen variety that you steam right in the bag
    String cheese
    Bread & peanut butter
    Prunes (ok, so they're a fruit, but they are so sweet it seems like you're eating candy!)
    Triscuit crackers
    Granola bar - Quaker has some that are only 100 calories
    Trail mix (but measure out a serving) - a good mix of nuts, raisins, and a bit of chocolate for a great pick--me-up
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    hmmmm... chicken, chickpeas, steamed white rice, spinach, annnnd bananas?
  • vaidaz
    vaidaz Posts: 7
    Options
    Low calorie veggies to fill the space: lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, bell peppers...
    Meat: chicken breast or fish fillet
    Sprouted bread
    Low fat low calorie yogurt, e.g. yoplait exotic selection
    Almonds
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    1. Popping corn - i love my air popper this makes my snacking tastier (also, it totally doesn't count as a veggie...right?).
    2. Gluten free Rice Chex - quick snack super tasty
    3. Almond Milk - particularly chocolate, paired with the chex = awesome breakfast that is filling and not too high in cals.
    4. Turkey/sandwich meat
    5. Chicken - frozen

Also, this was hard, I hadn't realized how much of my diet was fruits and veggies.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    OK non fruit and veggies I eat everyday...

almonds- as nuts, for a snack and also almond meal, in recipes
    eggs- hard boiled, in recipes, scrambled...
    chicken breasts
    butter/mayo- have to put 'em together, I use either one in most of my meals
    cheese- cream cheese, cheddar, string, parmesan, blue...

It's hard not naming veggies when thinking about stuff I eat all the time.
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, Laughing cow cheese with 100% whole grain wheat thins, Fiber bars, Tuna, chicken breast
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Dove Dark Chocolate: Kills the sweet tooth everytime and a little bit goes a LONG way. Especially if you store it in the freezer and let it slowly melt in your mouth like hard candy. I treat myself to a couple pieces every night.

Original PopChips: Great for munchies.

Fuji Apples: I started finding my old stand-by granny smiths too sour and they started hurting my tummy and Washingtons are tasteless and mushy. Googled "sweetest/best apples" and this was the only one on the list at my grocery store. I have to agree!

Ginger Lime Grilled Salmon: My grocery store carries it in the deli case with the other "I'm too lazy to cook" items. Mmmmmm. Protein.

My Chocolate Slim-Fast/GNC Total Lean 25 Shake: In a small GNC shaker cup mix 12oz whole milk, 1 scoop generic chocolate Slim Fast and 1 scoop chocolate GNC Total Lean 25 powder. Helps me catch-up on my net calories in a balanced if not lazy way if I'm incredibly behind from working out too hard earlier in the day.
  • jeansnpearls84
    Options
    1. special k bars (chocolatey pretzel is my fav)
    2. grilled chicken breast
    3. whole wheat pasta
    4. Dannon light n fit yogurt
    5. flavored water--Mio liquid water enhancer has helped me drink a lot more water!
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (or some other kind of low-fat yogurt)
    Quick oats
    Peanut butter
    Ole Extreme Wellness Wraps (these are the best wraps ever... low cal/carb and 8g of protein!)
    Tuna
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    POPCORN!!! I have a microwave air popper! Nothing better ever happen to it!
    Tuna- the 3oz can
    Luna Mini Bars
    Non-Fat Cottage Cheese
    Apples, I know you said no fruit. But this is my theory. Never ever just bite into the apple. You must cut it up into bite size pieces! You can savor every bit and feel like you are having something bad! :)
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Since I am a low carb WOL gal....I have to have bacon and eggs in the house. Ribeye steaks, pork chops and broccoli or cauliflower...(interchangeable!).
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Looking back at all the responses... seems that almonds are a big hit here :)