What scares you or freaks you out?

Options

Replies

• smason1284
    smason1284 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok here is a picture of what I was having panic attacks about earlier....

Cat got it....Yay! I hate cats but this one just got a bonus point in my book for killin big creepy here...

Thats next to a penny...eww

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/251346_536516970008_147701255_30866135_3594267_n.jpg
  • smason1284
    Options

Cat got it....Yay! I hate cats but this one just got a bonus point in my book for killin big creepy here...

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/251346_536516970008_147701255_30866135_3594267_n.jpg
  • smason1284
    Options

• Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sarah palin
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Stuff in my veins. Blood tests, IV catheters, etc. Part of my brain says 'YOU ARE WELL AWARE THIS ISN'T GOING TO HURT OR RATIONALLY BE THAT TRAUMATIZING AT ALL" but is over-ridden by another part that says 'THIS IS HORRIFYING AND YOU ARE DEFINITELY GOING TO DIE."
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I get freaked out by thunderstorms... not just a little thunder/lightning, I'm talking about severe ones with high winds, hail and tornadoes.

Birds up close. They are pretty and whimsical when they are far away but up close they freak me out!! My mom had a pet bird when I was a kid and the thing bit me in the hand.

Also, people who sleep-walk. SO. VERY. CREEPY. My sister (whom I shared a room with as a kid) was a sleepwalker and talked in her sleep. She'd say the freakiest stuff and, even though I KNEW she had no idea what she was talking about, I'd get goosebumps all over. I remember one night she got up and was walking around, when I asked what she was doing, she said she was calling the cops because there were heads rolling on the floor." Heads!!!! I'm six years younger than her so I was pretty young at the time and that crap SCARED ME!!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Here are a picture of my babies.... The one with the black head was a gift from my boyfriend after her mom and brother were killed by a dog :( The all white one I bought to keep Lucy company :) There about 4 months old now :)
    249885_536456541108_147701255_30865281_1834664_n.jpg
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty claustrophobic. Have to have an open MRI. I also despise roaches. I feel like I'm doing the world a favor every time I kill one.
  • elizwelshman
    elizwelshman Posts: 136
    Options
    Sarah palin

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • elizwelshman
    elizwelshman Posts: 136
    Options
    Never had a fear of bugs though it's not like I really enjoy them living inside my home. I usually put them outside, mostly spiders. They eat the bugs I don't want inside in the first place.
    I've always had a fear of stepping on something poisonous in the water, something about not knowing if something dangerous lurks in the water scares me. Now that I'm actually living near the coral reef... I must invest in dive shoes... though it is still scary knowing I might have to walk in the water near pretty evil little tropical creatures filled with poison......
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Oh man... a place to vent my neurotic phobias, lol.

- crossing the street (I witnessed my father get hit by a car, so I get anxiety attacks if I have to cross the street)

- mice/rodents (can't even look at them in the pet store, blech)

- something bad happening to my son or a loved one (refer to #1)

- heights.. I will not lean against balconies...for fear of falling

- big tractor trailer trucks on the highway - I steer clear of them

- elevators - have no problem going up, just down scares me (saw a story on tv when I was a little girl about someone's pant leg getting caught and getting killed, and it happened recently at a mall where a little boy died)

I'm really not crazy... I just over think and overanalyze everything!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the responses... so forgive me if this was covered.
    1) I'm scared of tornadoes (yes, I bought a tornado shelter for my house here in Texas) and flying. We take the train bc I hate flying.
    2) I dislike spiders. I'm not terrified of them, I just think they should not be IN my house. I make a spray of white vinegar and lemon essential oil and spray all over my windows and doorways when I find spiders. The vinegar smell goes away pretty soon, but spiders don't like citrus oil. I don't remember why... but it really seems to work. It has DRASTICALLY reduced the number of spiders in my house and I now spray once every few months.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Tentacles. I have to have a friend de-tentacle a paella if we have one in a Spanish restaurant! In Sicily, I was at a table that was served an entire, bright aubergine, steaming octopus, that was moving as the steam escaped it and nearly passed out!
  • musicgal8199
    Options
    Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one afraid of spiders! My best friend jokes that she's going to get me this: http://www.hammacher.com/Product/73620

I told her it would be a welcome addition in my house. Hahaha. (-:

I have been known to trap spiders under a cup or glass and leave it there until my husband gets home so he can get rid of it.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    SHARKS!!! OMG i totally freak out. I will be in a pool and my boy mates start chanting the do do and i have to get out,i know they are not in pools but i still have to get out. I am moving to australia in 10 weeks and wont be going anywhere near the sea i am that bad.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That is SO true! about bee's being able to know where you are and they will follow you if they want to get you!

A looonngg time ago; Me and my girl friend stepped on a bee and 3 or 4 bee's came outta nowhere and started chasing us! They chased us all the way home (about 1/2 mile) and buzzed around our front porch for a couple hours after we went inside.

I can not stand anything with more than 4 legs or less than 2 legs. Insects are so strange looking.

Another story: last summer I was siting on the porch reading to my grand son. My grand son was sitting on my lap.
    Well, all of a sudden my grand son told me to look behind me because a big bug was sitting there, listening to the story I was reading.!!

Sure enough, I got up and looked and this HUGE Praying Mantis was sitting there looking at me with that big ol' human looking head! It was SO CREEPY!

He was maybe 2 inches away from my head! Just sitting on the back of the chair, looking over my shoulder at the book I was reading the whole time!

But I had to laugh when my little grand son said the bug just wanted to hear the story I was reading. lol. eww.
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    1. Heights
    2. Birds
    3. Cats
    4. Lions
    5. Witnessing / being involved in a freak accident.
    6. Lady Gaga
  • pinkhamsc
    pinkhamsc Posts: 5
    Options
    Snakes. But not that much if I have a 38 loaded with ratshot. If spiders scare you stay out of South West Asia. The Camel Spider (although not a true spider) get about the size of a pie plate. When I was in Afghanistan, I noticed that they all seemed to be the same size and grew at a fast pace, one day they would all be about the size of a quarter, then a dollar bill, then the size of a pie plate. I squished one one day and the puddle was three times the size they were originally.
  • kateq321
    kateq321 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Clowns

Rats, Mice and anything that resembles them (gerbils, hamsters etc) - can't stand them

Cats...(no offence to cat lovers...just not a fan & I can't stand them in the house crawling on tables or counter tops absolutely freaks me out big time. I don't mind them if they're left outside but just not in my garden!!!...I'm sure my neighbours think I'm a bit tapped when they see me running out in my PJ's to shoo the cats away!!!).

People who wear their PJ's to the shop/park/school - freaks me out - get dressed god dammit!!!
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1. The dark.... I sleep with the tv on. I always wake in the middle of the night feeling like I am being watched.
    2. Amusement park rides. I will literally hyperventilate walking down the fairway. I have seen way to many clips on tv of rides malfunctioning and people getting hurt.
    3. My daughter talks in her sleep in an evil creepy voice and I hear it through the baby monitor. Creeps me out every time.