Any non drinkers here?

Options

Replies

• MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've never drank a drop of alcohol in all my 28 years and I don't plan to.....

That is so awesome! Wish I could say that.... Alchohol almost ruined my life and that's why I don't drink. That and to make God happy :)

COMPLETE NON-DRINKER HERE!
  • shellshell43
    shellshell43 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hate the taste- not worth the hangover- not worth the money..if I go out, I splurge on a coke...but occasional I will have a bloody mary...(virgin) because I do love the taste.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I drink but very lightly. I've had one beer in 3 weeks. Never seems to fit into my allowance. Then I'm so tired at night I just can't stand the thought of liquid sapping what's left of my energy.

I will drink though and cut loose on occasion.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I grew up Mormon and only had my first drink in the last couple of years. It is very rare that I will drink and I enjoy it a lot when I do, I just want it to remain a special indulge since I've made it this far in life without it being a regular thing. I can think of other better things I can spend my money and calories on.

I probably average 1-2 drinks a month. I've never gotten beyond tipsy. It doesn't sound fun to get drunk. Tipsy is fun for me, I enjoy just that bit of relaxation.
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I probably have a glass of wine maybe once every few months....haven't been drunk since BEFORE I turned 21...go figure!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I have been straight edge a few times in my life. This last run being 8 months with no drinks.

Great job!

I quit drinking in 2007 and since then I've probably had a 6 pack total.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I mr awesome do not drink
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I've always been pretty straight-edge myself. Definitely not a drinker. Honestly, I've never actually been drunk! I'll have a drink or two at a party or a wedding, but it never affects me and I don't want it to- so I don't see the point of doing it often. And that was even before I started calorie counting! :laugh:
  • crazy4him4552
    Options
    Non-drinker here too!! I loved reading this topic!! Congrats to all the non-drinking students too. Well, actually to everyone who has chosen not to drink!!
    That first sip is not worth taking, it can become a bad addiction. I used to be an alcoholic, and by the Grace of God, I haven't taken a sip in awhile. Fully delivered by the power of God!! All Glory given to Him!! :smile:
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have mayb a drink once a year, if that, so i guess u can call me a non drinker! I have kids & they r my everything & i dont care for them to see me drunk or anyone else, like to teach them its okay when your older to enjoy a drink, but ot okay to abuse it.
  • pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Options
    Been sober for 135 days,
    So yeah I'm a non drinker but also in recovery..
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Been sober for 135 days,
    So yeah I'm a non drinker but also in recovery..

congrats on 135 days!!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many protein shakes I can make for the cost of a round of drinks at the bar????
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many protein shakes I can make for the cost of a round of drinks at the bar????

*like* Seriously!
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm a social drinker, but since I have joined MFP, I haven't drank. I'd rather not waste my calories!
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am aso a nondrinker!
  • crazylady64
    crazylady64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah i don't drink either only very occasionally so no ur not teh only one lol
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You are certainly not alone! But non-drinkers just tend to be less vocal than the drinkers. I did all my fill of drinking as a teen, was rip roaring drunk on my 21st b-day but now that I am married and have kids it just holds no real appeal. My life is about work and being a Mom... can't drink if I'm going to succeed in those areas.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I've had those bad nights and tried Tequila. (poison, at least to me)
    I went many months before without drinking.
    Now I'll have a couple beers the odd weekend, and regret it because it seems that week I didn't lose weight.
    I don't understand how some people need to have a drink every night.

Also I don't understand those people that are proud they spent $200 at the bar last night... like Really? $200 for what?
    Especially when their hungover the next day, yah , let's spend $200 to feel like crap.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    sober for 3 years, 11 months, and 1 day here ;) 4 year mark on july 14th. love living alcohol-free and applying some spiritual and emotional principles to my life. sooooooooooo much better than my life before. i'm loving this community, btw.