Any non drinkers here?

Options

Replies

• dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't drink either and its not a bad thing!!!!!!! Im supporting my hubby in his Sobriety of 9months!!! Its a journey we both like now........Its a wonderful thing to change.......
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am a VERY occasional drinker...almost non drinker. and I agree, I don't have to worry about the alcohol slowing down my weightloss...it's the chocolate I have to worry about! :laugh:

I am just the same. I hadn't a glad or 2 every few months, never get drunk. But chocolate... Oh chocolate...
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love how people complain that they're being dragged out to a bar then ask everyone what the lowest cal drink they can order at the bar......

Hmmmm... How abouts some water?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have maybe 3 drinks a year...

Hubby hasn't had any alcohol for over 19 years..just his choice to not drink!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I'm a Non-Drinker! =-)

your before and after pictures are amazing! you look incredible!!
    Agreed!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I have drank a few times. (I'm 19, bad! I know! :P) But honestly, I don't enjoy how I feel the next day so I don't think I'll drink much more in the future.

Good for you Cody! It's not all it's made out to be...a waste of calories in my opinion :)
  • DonnaJG
    DonnaJG Posts: 6
    Options
    You're not the only one !!!

I don't drink either :)

Good job as I'm betting there are plenty of calories in them !!!
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Congrats to those that are staying sober and in recovery! I am also a non-drinker. I used to drink quite a bit until I got pregnant 3.5 years ago. I had maybe 2 drinks the first 2 years after having my daughter and haven't drank a drop of alocohol since last July when I had a few too many at a wedding. I laugh whenever my BF and his friends are hung over. I love having the energy to get up and do whatever I want without a hangover! Plus I would WAY rather have a cinnamon bun loaded with cream cheese icing than have a couple drinks!
  • kitchenfairy
    Options
    Well, you certainly aren't feeling alone any more are ya? LOL
    I grew up in a family where alcohol wan't a mystery and I don't mean we were roaring drunks I mean when Dad had a beer, my sister and I got the drops at the bottom of the bottle. And by the time I was 13 I had my first half glass of wine. But it never appealed to me to go get drunk or to have a drink at every meal. That being said, I don't drink now by choice. I don't see the need, not to mention what my church says about it. I'm happier that way, I remember what I do on the weekends, and being in a church that doesn't drink I have instant non-drinking friends.
  • mya2012
    mya2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    you are not missing a thing sweetie!! Its not all the crack up to be! You can either get a headache or Dui, which will give you a headache when ur sobering up in Jail!! Dont change because you feel left out!! Drink the living water of Jesus and it will quench your thirst!!!!!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Been sober for 135 days,
    So yeah I'm a non drinker but also in recovery..

Awesome job! :flowerforyou:
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a drink since January. Probably didn't go 48 hours without a drink for then 10 years before that. I wish I had never tried it. I also wish I could drink just a little bit, but I don't think that's an option for me. I'm too scared to try. And even more scared when I think about trying.
    I miss sipping on a beer when I'm grilling, or waiting for the oil to drain out of my car.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am a non drinker. Years ago I drank a very occasional wine cooler, but I haven't had alcohol of any kind in a long time.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    After I learned to count calories I noticed the drinks I thoroughly enjoyed were PACKED FULL of calories. As part of my new healthy life, I have chose to throw alcohol out completely :) Your not alone!
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I don't drink. My hubby is a recovering alcoholic/addict so the once a year I did drink is gone and I don't regret it!
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    I've never drank a drop of alcohol in all my 28 years and I don't plan to.....

That is so awesome! Wish I could say that.... Alchohol almost ruined my life and that's why I don't drink. That and to make God happy :)

COMPLETE NON-DRINKER HERE!

That's why I stopped 5years sober and don't regret it I just sometimes feel like I'm the only person in the UK who doesn't lol.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I only drink water, black coffee and Coke Zero!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Non-drinker here. Drank a bit in early high school but never liked the feeling (yeah, I'm a control freak) or taste. Might also be due to the fact I have an alcoholic father. A dad choosing wine over a child leaves some lingering resentment. Now live in an area where all the SAHM's socialize drink at every opportunity (1st day of school, last day of school, 100th day of school, etc. :frown: ). Don't drink coffee either. Yeah, I feel awkward at most social gatherings...

A big congrats to all those becoming sober! Way to go!
  • danifunsize
    danifunsize Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't drink!!! =)