Chicken Broccoli Penne

Options
Curvy1taliana
Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
Came up with this tonight and it was yummy!

1 box (14oz) Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne Rigate

5 cups frozen chopped broccoli

8 wedges light Laughing Cow cheese - original and/or garlic & herb flavor - room temp

10 oz cubed skinless chicken breast (I used leftover breast from a rotisserie)

2 TB extra virgin olive oil

2-3 cloves garlic

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)

freshly ground black pepper

salt (for water and to taste)

Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook till al dente.

Meanwhile, lightly saute the garlic in the olive oil for a minute then add the chicken (if you are using pre-cooked chicken, do this in the last few minutes of the pasta cooking time... if it's raw, cook the chicken till no longer pink). Salt to taste.

Place the frozen broccoli in a colander in the sink. Drain the pasta slowly over the broccoli, letting the boiling water run over the broccoli before emptying the pasta totally onto it (this makes the broccoli crisp tender).

Place the broccoli and pasta back into the pasta pot and onto low heat. Add the Laughing Cow wedges, breaking them up into smaller pieces as you place them in the pot. Add the cooked chicken and parmesan cheese and coarse black pepper, tossing to combine and coat.

Place a cover on the pot and allow the cheeses to melt and stir again to coat everything, for about 5 minutes. Turn off the head and (leaving on same burner) let the pot sit, covered, for another 10 minutes if the cheeses have not melted completely yet.

Makes 8 servings @ 1.5 cups each. 307 calories, 41g carbs, 8g fat, 19g protein, 7g fiber

Enjoy! :smile:

Replies

• kelley555
    kelley555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Bump:smile:
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!

Katie
  • chrisyb122
    chrisyb122 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • flutterbee3
    Options
    Bump :wink:
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Yummmmm....
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    bump
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    NOM
  • Curvy1taliana
    Options
    duplicate
  • Curvy1taliana
    Options

I had posted on Facebook that I was making this and a guy from work said bring some in!
    I did and he said "are you sure this is low-fat???" I told him yes and he said "will you marry me?" Hahaha..he was only kidding..he's already married and I have a boyfriend.. so I know it came out good (other than me just thinking it, lol)
  • kathys25
    kathys25 Posts: 6
    Options
    Came up with this tonight and it was yummy!

1 box (14oz) Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne Rigate

5 cups frozen chopped broccoli

8 wedges light Laughing Cow cheese - original and/or garlic & herb flavor - room temp

10 oz cubed skinless chicken breast (I used leftover breast from a rotisserie)

2 TB extra virgin olive oil

2-3 cloves garlic

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)

freshly ground black pepper

salt (for water and to taste)

Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook till al dente.

Meanwhile, lightly saute the garlic in the olive oil for a minute then add the chicken (if you are using pre-cooked chicken, do this in the last few minutes of the pasta cooking time... if it's raw, cook the chicken till no longer pink). Salt to taste.

Place the frozen broccoli in a colander in the sink. Drain the pasta slowly over the broccoli, letting the boiling water run over the broccoli before emptying the pasta totally onto it (this makes the broccoli crisp tender).

Place the broccoli and pasta back into the pasta pot and onto low heat. Add the Laughing Cow wedges, breaking them up into smaller pieces as you place them in the pot. Add the cooked chicken and parmesan cheese and coarse black pepper, tossing to combine and coat.

Place a cover on the pot and allow the cheeses to melt and stir again to coat everything, for about 5 minutes. Turn off the head and (leaving on same burner) let the pot sit, covered, for another 10 minutes if the cheeses have not melted completely yet.

Makes 8 servings @ 1.5 cups each. 307 calories, 41g carbs, 8g fat, 19g protein, 7g fiber

Enjoy! :smile:
  • kathys25
    kathys25 Posts: 6
    Options
    thanks I have been looking for some good recipes : )
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Made this last night, with rotisserie chicken too! Verrrrryyyy yummy. My husband gobbled it up, haha.
  • kmwmom
    kmwmom Posts: 15
    Options
    Oh Yummy! Thanks!!!
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kingkong123
    kingkong123 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump