Chicken Broccoli Penne

Options

Replies

• laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I am craving some pasta and wanted to fix chicken tonight, so this sounds perfect!! I'm trying this tonight, thanks for sharing!
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious!
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Bump. Looking to try it. Thanks.
  • aabyrer
    aabyrer Posts: 57
    Options
    BUMP!
  • skshep
    skshep Posts: 30
    Options
    Sounds sooo good. Thanks for sharing!
  • jodi1229
    jodi1229 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    Bump
  • skshep
    skshep Posts: 30
    Options
    Came up with this tonight and it was yummy!

1 box (14oz) Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne Rigate

5 cups frozen chopped broccoli

8 wedges light Laughing Cow cheese - original and/or garlic & herb flavor - room temp

10 oz cubed skinless chicken breast (I used leftover breast from a rotisserie)

2 TB extra virgin olive oil

2-3 cloves garlic

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)

freshly ground black pepper

salt (for water and to taste)

Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook till al dente.

Meanwhile, lightly saute the garlic in the olive oil for a minute then add the chicken (if you are using pre-cooked chicken, do this in the last few minutes of the pasta cooking time... if it's raw, cook the chicken till no longer pink). Salt to taste.

Place the frozen broccoli in a colander in the sink. Drain the pasta slowly over the broccoli, letting the boiling water run over the broccoli before emptying the pasta totally onto it (this makes the broccoli crisp tender).

Place the broccoli and pasta back into the pasta pot and onto low heat. Add the Laughing Cow wedges, breaking them up into smaller pieces as you place them in the pot. Add the cooked chicken and parmesan cheese and coarse black pepper, tossing to combine and coat.

Place a cover on the pot and allow the cheeses to melt and stir again to coat everything, for about 5 minutes. Turn off the head and (leaving on same burner) let the pot sit, covered, for another 10 minutes if the cheeses have not melted completely yet.

Makes 8 servings @ 1.5 cups each. 307 calories, 41g carbs, 8g fat, 19g protein, 7g fiber

Enjoy! :smile:

I made this for my notoriously picky family tonight and they LOVED IT! They even ate seconds! Thank you for this! It will now be a staple on my grocery list each month.
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    yum
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump for tea later
  • shantie10
    shantie10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    Sounds great - thanks for sharing!!
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    YUMMY! BUMP!
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yum...BUMP
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    yum! I had never thought of cooking with laughing cow cheese mmmm. Oh and your method for cooking the broccoli, GENIOUS!
  • kaleigh787
    kaleigh787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Came up with this tonight and it was yummy!

1 box (14oz) Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne Rigate

5 cups frozen chopped broccoli

8 wedges light Laughing Cow cheese - original and/or garlic & herb flavor - room temp

10 oz cubed skinless chicken breast (I used leftover breast from a rotisserie)

2 TB extra virgin olive oil

2-3 cloves garlic

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)

freshly ground black pepper

salt (for water and to taste)

Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook till al dente.

Meanwhile, lightly saute the garlic in the olive oil for a minute then add the chicken (if you are using pre-cooked chicken, do this in the last few minutes of the pasta cooking time... if it's raw, cook the chicken till no longer pink). Salt to taste.

Place the frozen broccoli in a colander in the sink. Drain the pasta slowly over the broccoli, letting the boiling water run over the broccoli before emptying the pasta totally onto it (this makes the broccoli crisp tender).

Place the broccoli and pasta back into the pasta pot and onto low heat. Add the Laughing Cow wedges, breaking them up into smaller pieces as you place them in the pot. Add the cooked chicken and parmesan cheese and coarse black pepper, tossing to combine and coat.

Place a cover on the pot and allow the cheeses to melt and stir again to coat everything, for about 5 minutes. Turn off the head and (leaving on same burner) let the pot sit, covered, for another 10 minutes if the cheeses have not melted completely yet.

Makes 8 servings @ 1.5 cups each. 307 calories, 41g carbs, 8g fat, 19g protein, 7g fiber

Enjoy! :smile:

Sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good. I am a huge chicken and broccoli fan.
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Thanks"
  • dopehat
    dopehat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make this. Sounds lovely! I love chicken and broccoli.

Thanks!! :)