Does anyone else feel sorry for...

Options
zeeeb
zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
Egg Yolks?

I do, poor old things seem to be getting the raw deal here. Everyone seems to think they are evil. I bet they are lonely and sad :(

It's ok yolks, i still love you, and eat you!

Replies

• suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I made an omelette the other day, and got two yolks in one egg. I wasn't sure if I should log it as one or two eggs! LOL
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    LOL. I eat my share of them. I prefer Eggland's Best eggs. My nutritionist said whole eggs were fine, just like anything, don't overdo it.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The yolks are the best part! Fat isn't bad for you, it's actually GOOD for you- yay! Give me your yolks, I'll eat 'em.
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=mummy-says-john-horgan-is-wrong-abo-2011-05-19
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Nope cause mine go in my belly!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs. The york is my favorite part.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up egg yolks. :)
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Egg yolks are never lonely here. They hang out in my belly with other egg yolks!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I only feel sorry for em cause I eat them! lol
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    lol just had someone mention to me yesterday how they felt bad for their egg yolks because no one in the home wants them so she has to throw them out :laugh:

I eat them so I dont have that feeling bad problem
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I ate an all egg white omelet the other day! So not the same! I'll stick with the whole egg, thank you very much!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of eggs, but when I eat them I eat the yolk. What reason is there not too?
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I eat them!! I would prefer to throw the whites away.... but I know they're good for me so I eat the whole egg!!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Only half mine get pitched, unless my daughter decides she wants one from the hard boiled ones... I usually make 2 eggs, eat only 1 yolk though...
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of eggs, but when I eat them I eat the yolk. What reason is there not too?

Apparently all the fat and cholesterol is in the yolk. Considering that's where the flavour is, I eat it!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Lol, it seems like we went through this about 15 years or so ago. Egg yolks were vindicated then (they aren't as bad as everybody made them out to be) and I bet they will be again.
    I love my eggs - whole eggs, not just the whites!
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My old nutritionist told me they were fine to eat so I still do. Usually though I'll just use one egg yolk and 2 whites.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I hate egg yolks. I'll save them for you guys and mail them.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    None of the yolks from my 24 chickens outside will be lonely or unappreciated at all. :happy:

(btw, just so no one thinks I'm actually eating that many eggs, most will actually be sold lol)
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hahaha YES!!! I thought about making things with more egg whites (like two egg whites, one egg for an omelet, or whatever), but I actually could not bear the thought of throwing the yolks out! So I just eat the whole thing. The yolk is also my favourite part anyways. :)
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They scare me and blow away my cholesterol and such. I'm an eggbeaters gal. So yeah, I guess feel sorry for them. I've abandoned.