confused... my FAT pal?

Options
so, i'm confused because some of my friends have been getting messages stating they're too skinny to be on here, that they are not welcome, their pictures aren't decent, their character is questionable... etc bla bla... well last i looked this is myFITNESSpal... i didn't see any rules to what you have to be to be on this website. you can be at a healthy weight an be out of shape... so why all the negativitey towards these people? they're here to better themselves and god forbid have fun while they're doing it. if they lost 100 lbs and want to show off their new body so be it. ultimately they are answerable only to themselves n shouldn't get a verbal lashing from someone else. the human body is beautiful any shape or form, and when a person is comfortable with their body that is a wonderful thing, my believe me when i am finally comfortable with letting the world see me in my skin, it will be shown, but that's just me. not everyone will do this n i'm not saying everyone should, but that's just how i feel about myself. if you're not comfortable with these people and their pictures or what not then walk on by. yes you have an opinion everyone does, but why be cruel when there are more important things to do or to be concerned with. we're all here for one reason, well i hope we all are but the main reason is to be a healthier individual inside and out. so if thats what you're on here for, don't go stepping out of your way to send a demeaning message to someone, cause then YOU will be answerable to yourself...

that's just my 2 "cents"... ror now gimme my fi dorra sarry!

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of people on here that think only those who have the same goals as them should be allowed on the site. I agree with you; it is not right. Sadly, there's nothing we can do about it other than block the users. Best of luck to you!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I have tons of skinny people on my friend list. It's helps with motivation! I don't know why anyone would be mean to someone that didnt have the same goals. Especially fat people! They should understand how it is to be criticized for their body and/or fitness level.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    That's my Girl !!! Like I said just BACK UP and move the F on people.

That said we have a very tight group here and we need to stick together because together we are stronger!!! They will not defeat us or break us because when we fall......... one of us is there to pick you up.

To my MFP family, I love you and could never have done this without your love, support and encouragement. Cheers xo
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of people mention this lately - but the moderators have told me (and others)... you can "report" the person's message, and they can handle it from there. Such a shame.

This should be about support! And if you can't offer it to someone, you should probably just keep on moving to someone else until you can!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Whats funny is these people will never back up their crap on here and state it for everyone to see,insted they need to send their cowardly little messages.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Well said!!! I'm sure it comes down to one thing only: jealousy. Its sad b/c that is such high school BS.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    AMEN!! I agree!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    PREACH!!! :D
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I feel really bad that is happening and it's truly sad.
    This site is here to support people of all shapes and sizes!!
    Some people are here to lose weight, some people are here to gain weight, some are here to get in better shape, and ALL of us are here to be healthly and eat right!!!
    Sad when people hide behind the internet to judge and bully...just my opinion.
    Like you said the site is called "my fitness pal" "fitness" being the key word!!!
  • emeraldpearl
    emeraldpearl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    One thing about opinions, everybody has one. that just wat they are opinions, not facts.......If someone is giving advice that i think i can't use i just move on to the next person who i feel is more positive.....This is why we have the option to delete ...... (poof be gone)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    :smile: WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    They're are a ton of angry, bitter, grumpy, people on here. I just try to ignore most of them. Too many have opinions that they cram down down the throats of others to show how smart/right they are. Opinions are great on here and are warranted, it's a public forum to discuss ideas, but it is NOT a website to force your "expert" methods onto people... Just do your thing and try to ignore those people. I'm usually pretty good at just moving along, sometimes I get sucked into their negativity and end up playing their stupid reindeer games. Attitudes are contagious...

Some of these people need to work out harder to tire themselves out and relieve some stress and some need stop restricting their diet so much because it's just making them cranky and lash out onto others.

Everyone has a right to use a public website regardless of what their goals are. On the same note, everyone needs to be a little more supportive of each other regardless on whether their goals are different. We're all here to become healthier....

Edit: Typos...
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    :smile: WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

lets all hold hands n sing kumbaya... or however its spelled lol
  • paintmelucky
    Options
    Good post banana..I no longer care that ppl hate...its their bad...I will continue to support my friends and love them to the fullest
  • dwardkaiser
    Options
    They should take the time to appreciate each person as an individual! All body shapes and sizes have insecurrities and are working to maintain or reach a goal!

I know that I look at the smaller people on MFP as motivation and look forward to being healther and of course skinner!

HUGS and LOVE,

Danielle
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This is the second thread Ive read this morning about jerks sending nasty messages to members, insulting them, etc.

It's friggin ridiculous that people can't come here and post without some asshat sending them nasty messages for no reason other than pure, unadulterated jealousy.

Personally, the fit folks around here inspire me. I don't have the time to dig into every member's history to see if they came here fat and got thin or what, but it doesn't matter. If you are in good shape, you're an inspiration to me, so thanks for not being a tubby. You're obviously doing something right, and the content of your posts is likely going to help me get to my goal as well.

There were some really high and mighty meanies on another forum I used to post on. They'd get wicked nasty with other members for 'not following the plan as written', they'd insult people to their faces, talk about them out in the open right on the forums, start crap on other people's threads just because folks there were looking for support after they screwed up and ate off plan, while these 'superior' folks who 'never' ate off plan didn't need any support other than the kind they found by sitting around in the daily thread they'd start, just to talk crap about others on the forum. Funny thing is, while these people DID make it to the 'maintenance phase' of the program quickly because they 'did the plan as written', nearly ALL of them gained the weight back after transitioning into maintenance. Oh sure, they had their pitiful excuses as to why the weight came back, but the long and short of it was, they only did the weight loss phase and transition phase 'as written'. They didn't do the maintenance phase 'as written' or they wouldn't have gained their weight back.

The world is full of all kinds of people. I learned a long time ago not to let what anonymous strangers hiding behind their monitors and keyboards had to say bother me. It's just not worth it, and I really don't have any sympathy or time for people like that.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Well said my Asian sista from anotha mista??
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    LMFAO!!!!

AngryPanda.gif

^ WTF??? hahahahaaa
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Some of these people need to work out harder to tire themselves out and relieve some stress and some need stop restricting their diet so much because it's just making them cranky and lash out onto others.

Yes, this!

That said, I'm hurt that I haven't been anyone's lightening rod of hate. :sad:
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    LMFAO!!!!

AngryPanda.gif

^ WTF??? hahahahaaa

An example of having a too high of a calorie restriction???? LMAO