Diet Pills, which are the best?

Options
Edit: Never mind on the diet pills, won't be using them. Especially with all the responses I've gotten on here. I was asking on here first to get people's opinion and boy did I get it. But it really is a good thing cause I'm still learning about this fitness stuff and any info helps. So instead, what is out there that is healthy and organic that could help in any way?

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    If you're going to take drugs, you probably don't want to be on a FITNESS website.
    Just sayin', this is a sensitive subject here.
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you're going to take drugs, you probably don't want to be on a FITNESS website.

What she said.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    no such thing... sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    Had no idea, just wanted to get people's opinion.
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    Good thing I asked on here first. Seems everyone is against them. Guess I will be too.
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    diet pills wont help but you might want to look into supplements - like fish oil, red/green powder, bvitamins, etc.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Just eat healthy, and exercise. No diet pills needed.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I take suppliments. Only brand I will touch is Nutrilite! I take Slimmetry, Carb blocker and glucose health

Slimmetry keeps me to my portion sizes and gives lots of energy
    Carb blocker blocks high carb/calorie meal... 1 tablet blocks 150 calories and 40 carbs
    Glucose is kinda like slimmetry

Nutrilite is the best because they are ALL natural, all organic... nothing synthetic :)
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    diet pills wont help but you might want to look into supplements - like fish oil, red/green powder, bvitamins, etc.
    Good idea. Thanks.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    All that stuff is just stimulants. Drink an extra cup of coffee instead if you want to get wired.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing I take, I take only when I need it. Such as at holidays or get togethers when I know there is going to be lots of unhealthy food. Jillian Michaels Calorie Control. All natural ingridients, and only suppresses your appetite so you dont want to gorge yourself.
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    I take suppliments. Only brand I will touch is Nutrilite! I take Slimmetry, Carb blocker and glucose health

Slimmetry keeps me to my portion sizes and gives lots of energy
    Carb blocker blocks high carb/calorie meal... 1 tablet blocks 150 calories and 40 carbs
    Glucose is kinda like slimmetry

Nutrilite is the best because they are ALL natural, all organic... nothing synthetic :)
    I'll definitely look into these.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    if u take a drug to help your appetite control, when you stop taking them after your lose, you will gain everything back because you wont have the appetite suppressor anymore. Your body also becomes ammune to them so after a week or two, instead of just taking a couple a day, you have to take double that, and then what happens a week later, when your maxing out the pills recommended limit, and they arent working??

take your time with the lose and learn the tools you need to keep it off...

only take them if you plan on gaining it all back... trust me... been there, done that.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE! Please be nice! This is a 19 year old trying to get on track. We don't have to be mean.
    You'll find that eating right and exercising are the best way to go. Diet pills aren't really necessary if you are doing these two things. :)
  • purple421
    purple421 Posts: 3
    Options
    Acetyl L-Carnitine, KLB6, Apple cider vinegar, kelp.... all natural with lots of other health benefits!!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Guy... you are 19!!! All you need to do is eat right and get a little running in!!! My husband can drop the weight 10x faster than I can! Don't think about pills.... my mom got addicted to them when I was a kid (and of course said ohhhh it won't happen to me) and it ruined her body! Do it the right way and don't be impatient!
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    if u take a drug to help your appetite control, when you stop taking them after your lose, you will gain everything back because you wont have the appetite suppressor anymore. Your body also becomes ammune to them so after a week or two, instead of just taking a couple a day, you have to take double that, and then what happens a week later, when your maxing out the pills recommended limit, and they arent working??

take your time with the lose and learn the tools you need to keep it off...

only take them if you plan on gaining it all back... trust me... been there, done that.
    Thanks for the info.
  • xXxKayleighxXx
    Options
    You won't need diet pills :)

Logging your food and keeping track of your exercise will keep you losing weight at a healthy pace.

Pills can mess you up and mess up your system. So even if you lose weight quickly, as soon as you stop, the pounds pile back on, plus some more.

Losing weight healthily on MFP means that it will stay off.

Good luck x
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I'm speaking strictly from experience here.... I have tried sooooo many different pills and nothing ever works the way it says it will. Do not waste your money! Not only do they 90% of the time not work but a lot of them have false studies and crap in them that is actually bad for you. If your going to take any pills you should be taking mulitvitamins or something along those lines. Trust me when I say you will be wasting your money. Research some of the ones you have in mind and read the reviews on them.... most of the time all you get is a huge credit card bill and you dont lose any weight. If your lucky and you do lose it.... you gain it all and then some once you stop taking the pills. Take it how you want to but if you dont like the answers your getting maybe you shouldnt ask the question on again a *fitness* website.
  • jcarpio2010
    Options
    PEOPLE! Please be nice! This is a 19 year old trying to get on track. We don't have to be mean.
    You'll find that eating right and exercising are the best way to go. Diet pills aren't really necessary if you are doing these two things. :)
    Thank you. :]