I REALLY need to lose weight in 14 Days!!!

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. You can't make a drastic change in 14 days. Even if you lost a great number of pounds, it wouldn't be pounds of fat. That takes time, exercise and GOOD nutrition.

But you CAN wear really flattering clothes, and look like you've dropped a lot. Go look at before & afters on What Not To Wear, and figure out what kind of clothes accentuate your body type. Generally speaking, something with a wide fitted waistband higher than your natural waist (just under the boobs) that floats away from the body under the band is going to make you look smaller, since it shows the smallest part of your body, and makes you legs look longer. The right clothes will make you look like you lost 20 lbs.

Whatever the event is, you deserve to go into it feeling great about yourself. Trying to lose a huge number of pounds is only setting yourself up for disappointment. Work towards a goal, in the right way, and get yourself something fantastic to wear. Take this as a lesson learned, "I'm worth treating myself right ALL the time, not just when an event is coming up."
  • alildil2000
    Options
    The "cabbage soup" (look it up) diet actually works for these urgent situations. It's a week long detox. I tried it for 7 days before my friends wedding and lost 9 pounds. Just keep in mind that you will gain those pounds right back afterwards, because you mostly just lose water weight. Hope this helps!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    What LorinaLynn said!!! That was amazing well put!! :flowerforyou:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I lost 132 pounds in 14 days.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    the head weighs about 10 pounds... I am sure you could do without?

i knew i loved you, now i know why.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Anything you decide to do will only be a temporary loss. You'll put that weight right back on again as soon as you stop doing whatever it is.

That said, I'd suggest Atkins since it's only for about two weeks. 20 grams of carbs or less with AT LEAST 12 grams of that coming from vegetables and eating lean meats for protein, no bacon or really fatty cuts. Lots of water and cardio. Don't know if you'll lose all you want but you should be able to drop some weight pretty quickly since most people on Atkins lose quite a bit during the first two weeks.
  • lorischlitz
    Options
    Low Carb Protein Shakes such as EAS shakes for breakfast and lunch then grilled chicken/fish/small steak and broccoli, cauliflower, ... Walk at least 1 hour a day and try to do two workout a day 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour after dinner. No fruit. I know .. I know a ot of you are going to say oh you can eat fruit but, fruit has a lot of sugar in it. Do a low carb two week diet with major cardio and you will lose weight .. and excess water weight.

GL!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    To those saying she'll harm her body, are you having a laugh?!!

Isn't being overweight/obese harming your body for like a very long period of time? She's wanting a quick fix for i'm guessing a special occasion, so what's 14 days extreme dieting in comparison to months (or most likely years) of feeding your body too many calories!?
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I tried the HCG diet, couldn't handle it, lost a significant amount of weight in the first couple days but got really sick from it and gained the weight right back after I stopped. Some ppl lose 45 pounds a month on it. Sounds like you could care less about what you do to your body, so go for it. I can guarantee it'll only be temporary though. Theres no "tricks" or "secrets" to losing weight. There is the RIGHT WAY though, and thats plenty of water, exercise and a healthy diet.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    w220435614.jpg
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    w220435614.jpg

*giggle*
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

Isn't being overweight/obese harming your body for like a very long period of time? She's wanting a quick fix for i'm guessing a special occasion, so what's 14 days extreme dieting in comparison to months (or most likely years) of feeding your body too many calories!?

No one's telling her NOT to lose weight. We just want her to do it a way that's safe and healthy for her, both physically and mentally. :flowerforyou:
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    the head weighs about 10 pounds... I am sure you could do without?

WTF??!! hahahahahah i freakin love you!!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    w220435614.jpg

:laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

No one's telling her NOT to lose weight. We just want her to do it a way that's safe and healthy for her, both physically and mentally. :flowerforyou:

Some are telling her she'll harm her body, which overweight people are doing anyway, so rings of being hypocritical in my view.
  • taiyola
    Options
    If it was that important and you cared that much, why didn't you start trying to lose weight earlier?

:noway:
  • taiyola
    Options
    AND I really can't understand people on here who're giving her diets to try!
  • stillababe2011
    Options
    Nothing is THAT important to have to lose that much weight in 14 days. You should be doing this for yourself, not for others. If your aim is to try to impress someone else, if that person doesn't accept you the way you are, then they're really not worth it in the end are they? We can really tell who our true friends are while fighting the battle of the bulge. Don't do it! More weight will come on later. Your body goes into starvation mode, your metabolism slows down, and you sabotage yourself. It didn't go on all at once, so it isn't going to come off all at once....be patient!

Here is something I pulled from an article on the effects of crash dieting:

Someone who is attempting to crash diet is likely to experience intense hunger, misery, depression, low energy and tiredness, and food cravings.

More serious health effects include impaired immunity, electrolyte imbalances, reduced red and white blood cell counts, organ failure (including liver, kidney and heart), and osteoporosis.

The irony is that although a crash dieter will be malnourished due to not getting enough vitamins and minerals and vital nutrients from food, food will consume their thoughts for much of the time.

Rapid weight loss is often seen during a crash diet, and while this may be perceived as a positive thing, the reality is that water and muscle mass, as well as fat is being lost.

(Muscle is metabolically active (it burns calories) whereas fat is metabolically inactive.)

I know you're thinking "What's 14 days, that can't hurt me"....you're forming a dangerous new habit......please don't! Listen to everyone on here.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. You can't make a drastic change in 14 days. Even if you lost a great number of pounds, it wouldn't be pounds of fat. That takes time, exercise and GOOD nutrition.

But you CAN wear really flattering clothes, and look like you've dropped a lot. Go look at before & afters on What Not To Wear, and figure out what kind of clothes accentuate your body type. Generally speaking, something with a wide fitted waistband higher than your natural waist (just under the boobs) that floats away from the body under the band is going to make you look smaller, since it shows the smallest part of your body, and makes you legs look longer. The right clothes will make you look like you lost 20 lbs.

Whatever the event is, you deserve to go into it feeling great about yourself. Trying to lose a huge number of pounds is only setting yourself up for disappointment. Work towards a goal, in the right way, and get yourself something fantastic to wear. Take this as a lesson learned, "I'm worth treating myself right ALL the time, not just when an event is coming up."

I so agree with this. My advice is eat right, and exercise, don't overdo it. In the first week you will start feeling better about yourself in general, and the weight loss usually follows right behind. It took more than 2 wks to put a lot on, it will take more than two weeks to take it off, stop and enjoy your weight loss journey instead of making it feel like toture.
  • bebe3232
    bebe3232 Posts: 43
    Options
    I lost 14 lbs on the South Beach diet in 14 days. Basically a low carb diet. Majorly cut your carbs as low as you can get them and you should drop weight fast.